Participant of Congress of World Azerbaijanis deported from Azerbaijan
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Head of the Congress of Azerbaijanis in Ukraine’s Sumy region Mehriban Salmanova has been deported from Azerbaijan and banned from entering the country for a year.
Speaking to APA, Salmanova said that happened while she returned to Ukraine after participating in the 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis in Baku on June 3-4.
The diaspora head noted that after the completion of the congress, to which she was invited by the Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora, she visited her hometown Shaki, and when she came back to Ukraine she was informed by employees of the State Migration Service at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku that she violated the law and was fined AZN300.
Salmanova said that she was unaware of her violation of law and refused to pay the fine stating that she wasn’t warned by the relevant body. In such case, her entry into Azerbaijan was denied for a year.
The diapora head added that she appealed to Azerbaijan’s president and parliament in this regard.
“The State Committee for Work with Diaspora invited me to the country from June 2 to 5. However, I wanted to stay until June 12 in my homeland where I haven’t been to for a long time. I was not informed that I should register for staying in the country for more than three days. I appealed to the State Committee department in Ukraine in this regard, but received no response,” she said.
“We are, of course, disappointed by this. However, everyone must honor the legislation of Azerbaijan. According to the requirements of the Migration Code, foreigners and stateless persons temporarily staying in Azerbaijan for a period of more than three days should get registered upon place of stay. The congress participants were informed in this regard. Azerbaijan’s relevant state authorities are regularly carrying out awareness raising activities. We’d like to help the diaspora member, but no one, no government agency has right to go beyond the requirements of the Azerbaijani legislation. We believe that each of our compatriots will understand it. Salmanova appealed to the State Committee and this appeal is being considered under the legislation. Consultations will be conducted with other relevant government agencies and appropriate assistance will be rendered if legislation allows,” said the State Committee.
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 12.05.2017Anti-Azerbaijani groups in Russia trying hard to liquidate AAC: State Committee
- 12.05.2017Russian court may decide on liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress on May 15
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia