Participant of Congress of World Azerbaijanis deported from Azerbaijan
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Head of the Congress of Azerbaijanis in Ukraine’s Sumy region Mehriban Salmanova has been deported from Azerbaijan and banned from entering the country for a year.
Speaking to APA, Salmanova said that happened while she returned to Ukraine after participating in the 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis in Baku on June 3-4.
The diaspora head noted that after the completion of the congress, to which she was invited by the Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora, she visited her hometown Shaki, and when she came back to Ukraine she was informed by employees of the State Migration Service at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku that she violated the law and was fined AZN300.
Salmanova said that she was unaware of her violation of law and refused to pay the fine stating that she wasn’t warned by the relevant body. In such case, her entry into Azerbaijan was denied for a year.
The diapora head added that she appealed to Azerbaijan’s president and parliament in this regard.
“The State Committee for Work with Diaspora invited me to the country from June 2 to 5. However, I wanted to stay until June 12 in my homeland where I haven’t been to for a long time. I was not informed that I should register for staying in the country for more than three days. I appealed to the State Committee department in Ukraine in this regard, but received no response,” she said.
“We are, of course, disappointed by this. However, everyone must honor the legislation of Azerbaijan. According to the requirements of the Migration Code, foreigners and stateless persons temporarily staying in Azerbaijan for a period of more than three days should get registered upon place of stay. The congress participants were informed in this regard. Azerbaijan’s relevant state authorities are regularly carrying out awareness raising activities. We’d like to help the diaspora member, but no one, no government agency has right to go beyond the requirements of the Azerbaijani legislation. We believe that each of our compatriots will understand it. Salmanova appealed to the State Committee and this appeal is being considered under the legislation. Consultations will be conducted with other relevant government agencies and appropriate assistance will be rendered if legislation allows,” said the State Committee.
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 01.08.2016Azerbaijani businessman went missing in Ukraine
- 29.08.2016Azerbaijanis, Ukrainians create joint union
- 10.09.2016Five Azerbaijani businessmen kidnapped in Ukraine
- 04.07.2016Israeli TV channel: Those who committed Khojaly massacre – butchers who follow in footsteps of Nzhdeh
- 30.06.2016MP: French parliament’s decision – in favor of France-Azerbaijan friendship
- 27.06.2016Three detained over attack on office of Turkey-Azerbaijani diaspora organization in Netherlands