New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
A new Azerbaijani diaspora organization is being created Instead of the closed All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress (VAK), APA's Moscow correspondent reports.
The leaders of the Azerbaijani communities in the regions of the Russian Federation appealed to Academician Fazil Gurbanov with a proposal to create and lead a new organization.
The appeal notes that "they refer to him as a person with an impeccable reputation, a special, professional approach to the cause and an active life position that can and should become the leader of the Azerbaijani diaspora in Russia."
It is also stressed that, despite the large number of various Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Russia, the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress created a huge emptiness in this direction.
"The organization, created with the approval of two national leaders of Russia and Azerbaijan, Vladimir Putin and Heydar Aliyev, unfortunately lost the active role that it played in Russia. It left important covenants and instructions, which led to a sad result. Many mistakes were made. Such mistakes became fatal for VAK, when Russia becomes a country of democratic principles.
Noting the activities of Fazil Gurbanov, they ask him to become the head of a new organization that could consolidate compatriots, and those goals that were assigned to her earlier, and which were later lost. And also to create all conditions for the Azerbaijani community to become an important and powerful force of Russian society", the statement says.
It should be noted that the appeal was signed by the heads of the Azerbaijani communities of 16 republics, 8 territories, 33 regions, 3 autonomous regions, as well as Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Let us note that on May 15 of this year, on the basis of the claim of the Ministry of Justice, the Supreme Court of Russia decided to annul registration of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress (VAK).
On September 19, the Appeals Board of the Supreme Court of Russia did not satisfy the complaint of the VAK, leaving the decision of the court of first instance in force.
Related news releases
- 17.07.2018Union of Azerbaijanis of Romania established
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijan establishes Diaspora Support Fund
- 12.06.2018Head of Staff of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora dismissed
- 06.06.2018Polish tourism company cancels illegal trips to Karabakh after protest of Azerbaijani diaspora
- 31.05.2018West Hollywood honors 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation