New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
A new Azerbaijani diaspora organization is being created Instead of the closed All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress (VAK), APA's Moscow correspondent reports.
The leaders of the Azerbaijani communities in the regions of the Russian Federation appealed to Academician Fazil Gurbanov with a proposal to create and lead a new organization.
The appeal notes that "they refer to him as a person with an impeccable reputation, a special, professional approach to the cause and an active life position that can and should become the leader of the Azerbaijani diaspora in Russia."
It is also stressed that, despite the large number of various Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Russia, the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress created a huge emptiness in this direction.
"The organization, created with the approval of two national leaders of Russia and Azerbaijan, Vladimir Putin and Heydar Aliyev, unfortunately lost the active role that it played in Russia. It left important covenants and instructions, which led to a sad result. Many mistakes were made. Such mistakes became fatal for VAK, when Russia becomes a country of democratic principles.
Noting the activities of Fazil Gurbanov, they ask him to become the head of a new organization that could consolidate compatriots, and those goals that were assigned to her earlier, and which were later lost. And also to create all conditions for the Azerbaijani community to become an important and powerful force of Russian society", the statement says.
It should be noted that the appeal was signed by the heads of the Azerbaijani communities of 16 republics, 8 territories, 33 regions, 3 autonomous regions, as well as Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Let us note that on May 15 of this year, on the basis of the claim of the Ministry of Justice, the Supreme Court of Russia decided to annul registration of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress (VAK).
On September 19, the Appeals Board of the Supreme Court of Russia did not satisfy the complaint of the VAK, leaving the decision of the court of first instance in force.
Related news releases
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 12.05.2017Anti-Azerbaijani groups in Russia trying hard to liquidate AAC: State Committee
- 12.05.2017Russian court may decide on liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress on May 15
- 10.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in San Diego
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijani appointed vice-president of People’s Assembly of Kazakhstan
- 25.04.2017Russian Justice Ministry asks court for time to investigate new documents submitted by All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine appeal to Verkhovna Rada
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: We’re doing a lot to solve problems of Azerbaijanis living abroad
- 11.04.2017Hearing on lawsuit seeking to liquidate All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress postponed
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russia community expresses concern over possible liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russian community expresses protest over liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 04.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Serbian ambassador - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017UN chief’s possible participation in Baku Forum discussed in New York
- 03.04.2017State Committee comments on reports of liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 31.03.2017Russian Ministry of Justice appeals to Supreme Court for abolishment of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation