Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
There are serious facts proving that a smear campaign recently launched against Azerbaijan is supported by the Armenian lobby, said Nazim Ibrahimov, Chairman of the State Committee for Work with Diaspora.
Speaking to an APA correspondent within the framework of the session of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis in Kiev, Ibrahimov noted that the rapid development and independent domestic and foreign policies of Azerbaijan which is a legal, democratic state began to seriously disturb certain forces.
According to him, a united center-driven network has been formed against Azerbaijan in Europe and some other countries. “They serve as an impetus to information warfare against Azerbaijan. They structures are backed by the Armenian lobby,” he said.
He stressed that these forces are trying to discredit the reputation of Azerbaijan, using all methods.
“This is a struggle directed against the Azerbaijani state. They intend to damage Azerbaijan, which President Ilham Aliyev strengthened. At one time, the national leader Heydar Aliyev saved Azerbaijan from the split and created a single state. Today, President Ilham Aliyev continues this policy, which irritates these forces. They are looking for gaps. As there was a gap in some regional countries and they took advantage of it. As a result, these countries suffered heavy losses, we witnessed this,” he added.
According to him, there are also material interests behind the publication of articles by pro-Armenian authors in order to ensure the dissemination of unilateral and biased information about Azerbaijan. “In this regard, the slander against the Azerbaijani state on the part of the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project and the Guardian Newspaper is nothing but blackmail. It should be noted that, undoubtedly, publications that spread such a lie for the sake of material gain, are capable of doing the same in relation to their own countries,” said Ibrahimov.
The committee chairman underlined that the implementation of a number of global projects by Azerbaijan is of concern to some circles.
Ibrahimov urged world Azerbaijanis to be even more active in this issue and unite more strongly in the name of Azerbaijani statehood.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians