MP: French parliament’s decision – in favor of France-Azerbaijan friendship
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov - APA. The Foreign Affairs Committee of the French National Assembly held next meeting on June 29.
The meeting’s agenda included the draft resolution “On the reconsideration of the relations between Azerbaijan and France” developed by MP Francois Rochbluan and submitted to the committee.
The resolution was unequivocally rejected by committee members, the Association of Friends of Azerbaijan in France told APA.
Jean-Francois Mancel, a member of the French National Assembly and President of the Association of Friends of Azerbaijan in France, issued a statement in this regard.
The statement welcomes the Committee’s decision to reject the draft resolution “On the reconsideration of the relations between Azerbaijan and France” developed by MP Francois Rochbluan.
According to the statement, the resolution was aimed at undermining high-level diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and France, and the friendly relations between the two nations.
“The Foreign Affairs Committee passed a decision on the creation of an awareness mission on Nagorno-Karabakh. I am sure that this mission will enable to demonstrate objectively the justified demands of Azerbaijan regarding its territories occupied by Armenia. Mr. Rochbluan was the only member of the Committee to vote the resolution. Meanwhile, he voted against the decision on the creation of an awareness mission on Nagorno-Karabakh. No doubt, this decision runs contrary to the intent of discredit campaigns he regularly conducts against Azerbaijan,” said Mancel.
He noted that the decision passed by the parliament on June 29 was in favor of France-Azerbaijan friendship.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 04.07.2016Israeli TV channel: Those who committed Khojaly massacre – butchers who follow in footsteps of Nzhdeh
- 13.07.2016Participant of Congress of World Azerbaijanis deported from Azerbaijan
- 01.08.2016Azerbaijani businessman went missing in Ukraine
- 27.06.2016Three detained over attack on office of Turkey-Azerbaijani diaspora organization in Netherlands
- 27.06.2016Azerbaijanis save Armenian woman in Russia
- 24.06.2016PKK supporters attack office of Turkey-Azerbaijan diaspora organization in Netherlands