MP: French parliament’s decision – in favor of France-Azerbaijan friendship
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov - APA. The Foreign Affairs Committee of the French National Assembly held next meeting on June 29.
The meeting’s agenda included the draft resolution “On the reconsideration of the relations between Azerbaijan and France” developed by MP Francois Rochbluan and submitted to the committee.
The resolution was unequivocally rejected by committee members, the Association of Friends of Azerbaijan in France told APA.
Jean-Francois Mancel, a member of the French National Assembly and President of the Association of Friends of Azerbaijan in France, issued a statement in this regard.
The statement welcomes the Committee’s decision to reject the draft resolution “On the reconsideration of the relations between Azerbaijan and France” developed by MP Francois Rochbluan.
According to the statement, the resolution was aimed at undermining high-level diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and France, and the friendly relations between the two nations.
“The Foreign Affairs Committee passed a decision on the creation of an awareness mission on Nagorno-Karabakh. I am sure that this mission will enable to demonstrate objectively the justified demands of Azerbaijan regarding its territories occupied by Armenia. Mr. Rochbluan was the only member of the Committee to vote the resolution. Meanwhile, he voted against the decision on the creation of an awareness mission on Nagorno-Karabakh. No doubt, this decision runs contrary to the intent of discredit campaigns he regularly conducts against Azerbaijan,” said Mancel.
He noted that the decision passed by the parliament on June 29 was in favor of France-Azerbaijan friendship.
Related news releases
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 04.07.2016Israeli TV channel: Those who committed Khojaly massacre – butchers who follow in footsteps of Nzhdeh
- 13.07.2016Participant of Congress of World Azerbaijanis deported from Azerbaijan
- 01.08.2016Azerbaijani businessman went missing in Ukraine
- 27.06.2016Three detained over attack on office of Turkey-Azerbaijani diaspora organization in Netherlands
- 27.06.2016Azerbaijanis save Armenian woman in Russia
- 24.06.2016PKK supporters attack office of Turkey-Azerbaijan diaspora organization in Netherlands