Ali Hasanov: Moscow meeting will be significant milestone in history of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress - UPDATED
The Moscow meeting will be a significant milestone in the history of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress, said Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs.
He made the remarks addressing the 4th meeting of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress that kicked off in Moscow Dec. 28.
“I’m confident that this meeting will contribute to further cultural and spiritual consolidation of our compatriots living in Russia, and serve to deepen mutual understanding and friendship between the two countries and peoples,” Hasanov.
According to him, the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress has become a reputable public organization that conducts extensive work in preserving the national identity, promoting multicultural traditions and dissemination of unbiased information about Azerbaijan, and strengthening friendly relations between the two countries.
In regard to Azerbaijan-Russia relations, the presidential aide said these relations have gone through the trial of time.
“These relations have always been built on the principles of mutual respect and good-neighborliness. Speaking about the current stage, I must say that our relations are developing steadily in all directions and are now at the level of strategic partnership,” Hasanov said, noting the contribution of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress and Azerbaijan’s Russian community to the development of bilateral ties.
“By the way, our country is home to the largest Russian community in the South Caucasus, whose members take an active part in social and political life of our country. I am sure that the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress will continue to promote cooperation between the two countries and peoples,” he added.
Hasanov expressed satisfaction with the fact that representatives of the Azerbaijani diaspora have integrated into Russian society by preserving their national identity and moral values.
Azerbaijanis are actively involved in social-economic, socio-political and cultural life of Russia, he said noting that they make a significant contribution to the development of science and culture, economy and healthcare in the country.
“Many of them hold important positions and have respect, authority in Russia and were awarded for their achievements in their professional activities and services to Russian state,” Hasanov said. “In a word, they are real founders who decently represent Azerbaijan and are interested in the prosperity of the country, which has become their second home, and in the formation of a positive image of our people.”
The top official called on the Azerbaijanis living in Russia to be more actively involved in socio-political life of Russia, show respect for the state and people, care for Russian history and traditions and contribute to the formation of a positive image of this country.
“In short, you should make every effort for the future development and prosperity of the country that has welcomed you. Russia’s success is your achievement, your pride, because you have achieved great success in scientific and professional activities and in the field of business and industry in this country that became a second homeland for you,” Hasanov said.
“As stated national leader Heydar Aliyev, an Azerbaijan should not just be a citizen, but a citizen raising the Azerbaijani flag. You are an important and strong bride that should help deepen mutual understanding and friendship between the two brotherly countries and people,” he added.
In his speech, Nazim Ibrahimov, chairman of the Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora, said the meeting will assess the work done by the Congress over the past years and provide guidance for future activities.
Ibrahimov noted that the State Committee continues the policy of national leader Heydar Aliyev and pursues President Ilham Aliyev’s policy.
He stressed that the State Committee will work closely with the new staff of the Congress.
Addressing the meeting, Azerbaijani Ambassador to Russia Polad Bulbuloglu highlighted the work done by the Heydar Aliyev Foundation's Russian representation, headed by Foundation Vice-President Leyla Aliyeva, and the Azerbaijani Youth Organization of Russia, to help the Azerbaijanis living in Russia solve their problems.
Then, Ilgar Hajiyev, executive director of the Congress, presented a report, informing of the issues on the agenda.
The 4th meeting of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress kicked off in Moscow Dec. 28.
More than 200 delegates from 78 regions of the Russian Federation, as well as representatives of the Russian and Azerbaijani governments are attending the meeting hosted by Radisson Royal Hotel, the former UKRAINA Hotel, APA’s Moscow correspondent reported.
The report by the congress head about the work done over the past five years will be heard during the meeting.
In addition, the meeting participants will hold an extensive exchange of views on further tasks for bringing to the local community the truth about Azerbaijan, the use of modern methods and information technologies in awareness campaign, ways to overcome problems in protecting the rights and freedoms of the Azerbaijanis in Russia and determination of a strategy for the next five years.
The new composition of the Central Council, Presidium and president of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress will be elected during the meeting.
A number of documents and statements will be adopted at the end of the meeting.
The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress was founded in Moscow on March 5, 2001 with support of Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The organization aims to boost socio-economic and cultural relations between Azerbaijan and Russia and to help the Azerbaijanis living in Russia implement their national, cultural and social interests. The priorities of the Congress also include cooperation with Azerbaijan’s diaspora organizations in Russia and the coordination of these activities. The Congress has branches in 83 regions of Russia.
The 3rd meeting of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress was held on November 25, 2011.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 28.12.2016New president elected to All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 28.12.2016Ukrainian police suspend search for ‘Azov’ raiders, Azerbaijani businessmen say
- 28.12.2016Fazil Gurbanov: Expansion of ties with All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress offices in provinces is a priority
- 28.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress is of special importance
- 22.12.2016DVD set of Azerbaijan films released in Los Angeles
- 19.12.2016Nazarbayev awards Azerbaijani MP of Kazakh parliament