Members of Verkhovna Rada protests against Vladimir Aryev’s statements on Azerbaijani government
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov - APA. Representatives of the Azerbaijani Diaspora in Ukraine have met with Head of Ukrainian-Azerbaijan inter-parliamentary working group Maxim Kuryachiy, member of Petro Poroshenko Bloc Dmitriy Andreyevskiy, other deputies Sergey Taruta and Vyeceslav Konstantinovskiy.
President of Ukraine Nations Assembly, Head of the Ukraine Azerbaijanis Congress Rovshan Tagiyev told APA that the meeting was initiated by the Azerbaijani Diaspora.
During the meeting, concerns were expressed over member of Petro Poroshenko Bloc, PACE Vice-president Vladimir Aryev’s call for the overthrow of the government in Azerbaijan. Moreover, a statement of protest was sent to the P.Poroshenko on behalf of the Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine.
Rovshan Tagiyev said that the deputies called Vladimir Aryev’s statements on the Ukraine’s strategic partner Azerbaijan his personal position and wrong. “They said that they will express an official protest regarding this issue in the Verkhovna Rada. Head of the working group Maxim Kuryachiy noted that an official statement of protest will be issued as well. Sergey Taruta regretfully expressed that measurement should be taken in this regard. Because the high level relations with Azerbaijan are very important for Ukraine”, he said.
According to the statement sent by the Ukraine Azerbaijanis Congress to president Poroshenko, the Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine are concerned over the views of the politician, who is the member of Petro Poroshenko Bloc and represents Ukraine in the international organization. “This is interference in Azerbaijan's internal affairs and casts a shadow on relations between the two countries. Due to the recent developments, Azerbaijan has always supported Ukraine’s territorial integrity. We, the Azerbaijanis who are the citizens of Ukraine, would like you to express a definitive position on the issue”, said the statement.
In a post on the social network, Vladimir Aryev called for the overthrow of the government in Azerbaijan referring to the protests actions in Yerevan.
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 03.07.2015Landmark book on Khojaly Massacre launched in the UK Parliament
- 08.07.2015The European Azerbaijan Society addresses open letter to Chatham House
- 08.07.2015TEAS not allowed to attend meeting with Bako Sahakyan at Chatham House
- 16.06.2015Azerbaijanis residing in Germany launch 'flag' campaign
- 11.06.2015State Committee chairman urges diaspora organizations to protest against anti-Azerbaijan campaign
- 21.05.2015French Azerbaijanis send protest statement to country’s officials