Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
The idea that there has been no progress in the resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict over the past 25 years is not right, Matthew Bryza, former US ambassador to Azerbaijan and former co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, said Friday.
He made the statement in his speech at an international conference “The South Caucasus in the international arena: Cooperation and competition in and around the region”, dedicated to the 5th anniversary of Caucasus International magazine, APA reported.
Bryza noted that 10 years ago the main document had been worked out and agreed upon.
"This is the only viable document ensuring fundamental balance in the conflict’s resolution. The problem is that the presidents do not trust each other,” said the former ambassador stressing the need for the parties to go for a compromise as to resolving the conflict.
He noted that the only solution to the conflict is possible by means of mediation and leadership by Russia or the US.
“But I do not believe that Trump could do it. This will require a lot of time and there are no politicians in the US political leadership to deal with it,” Bryza added.
Related news releases
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 12.05.2017Anti-Azerbaijani groups in Russia trying hard to liquidate AAC: State Committee
- 12.05.2017Russian court may decide on liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress on May 15
- 10.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in San Diego
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijani appointed vice-president of People’s Assembly of Kazakhstan
- 25.04.2017Russian Justice Ministry asks court for time to investigate new documents submitted by All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine appeal to Verkhovna Rada
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: We’re doing a lot to solve problems of Azerbaijanis living abroad
- 11.04.2017Hearing on lawsuit seeking to liquidate All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress postponed
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russia community expresses concern over possible liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russian community expresses protest over liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 04.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Serbian ambassador - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017UN chief’s possible participation in Baku Forum discussed in New York
- 03.04.2017State Committee comments on reports of liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 31.03.2017Russian Ministry of Justice appeals to Supreme Court for abolishment of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan praised as 'Beacon of Religious Tolerance' following visit by children from Atlanta Jewish Academy
- 17.03.2017Khojaly – a heartrending artistic inspiration – highlighted in Paris
- 16.03.2017Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan supports idea of conducting reforms in UN
- 16.03.2017Georgian president calls for condemnation of military aggression worldwide
- 16.03.2017UN does not justify hopes of peoples: Latvia’s ex-president
- 16.03.2017Fifth Global Baku Forum kicks off
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijanis rally in Paris in support to President Ilham Aliyev
- 09.03.2017Armenian provocation against Azerbaijan prevented in Moscow
- 09.03.2017Khojaly Commemoration Concert broadcast on London Live TV
- 06.03.2017Chairman of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress regional department dismissed
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia