Man accused of murdering Azerbaijani businessman in Ukraine released from courtroom
Rostislav Brinski, who is accused of murdering Azerbaijani businessman Vugar Nurushov, was transferred from prison to house arrest upon the court decision dated Nov.20, the deceased’s brother Ilgar Nurushov told APA.
In addition, the court decided to take testimony from the retired Armenian general Anton Lugasyan and his two nephews as they names are mentioned in the criminal case and summon them to the next hearing to be held on Dec.17.
Ilgar Nurushov also noted that the organizer of the murder Lugasyan, using his financial resources and ties, tries to influence the authorities in order to conceal their involved in the murder. “We ask local authorities and the Azerbaijani embassy in Ukraine for support. Otherwise, the blood of my brother will go in vain,” he said.
During the preliminary investigation, Brinski confessed that he committed the murder himself. However, at the hearing he said that the murder was committed by Armenian businessman Anton Lugasyan and his two nephews.
Brinski said that retired general, businessman Lugasyan, in whose office he worked as a guard, called him and said that his men will bring him a parcel.
“Two unknown men called me to the market belonging to them, and showed a man body who was beaten to the point of being unrecognizable and instructed to bury him in a secret place. I buried the body under the order of my boss. Only after the discovery of the body, I learned who was killed. I learned later that those who brought the body were Lugasyan’s nephews. I didn’t know anything from the very beginning,” he added.
Nurushov Vugar (1976), a businessman originally from Azerbaijan’s Beylagan region, was killed in Kherson in August 2015.
Deputy chairman of the Congress of Azerbaijanis of Ukraine’s Kherson province, businessman Ilham Taghiyev was beaten to death outside his house on August 17. Karapetyan Sergei Razmikovich and Ukrainian citizen Montiyan Khachik Stepanovich of Armenian origin, as well as Azerbaijani Allahverdiyev Naim Balakishi were detained on murder suspicions. However, his relatives claim that Taghiyev’s murder was ordered by Lugasyan.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 24.11.2015Another Azerbaijani elected deputy in Latvia
- 24.11.2015Latvian MP calls Khojaly event ‘genocide’
- 25.11.2015Latvia’s Jewish community ready to provide any support to Azerbaijanis
- 03.11.2015Azerbaijani diaspora in Netherlands expresses protest to management of VU University Amsterdam
- 31.10.2015Moscow hosts 6th forum of Azerbaijani Youth Union of Russia
- 09.10.2015Sofia conference ends with adoption of declaration