Man accused of murdering Azerbaijani businessman in Ukraine released from courtroom
Rostislav Brinski, who is accused of murdering Azerbaijani businessman Vugar Nurushov, was transferred from prison to house arrest upon the court decision dated Nov.20, the deceased’s brother Ilgar Nurushov told APA.
In addition, the court decided to take testimony from the retired Armenian general Anton Lugasyan and his two nephews as they names are mentioned in the criminal case and summon them to the next hearing to be held on Dec.17.
Ilgar Nurushov also noted that the organizer of the murder Lugasyan, using his financial resources and ties, tries to influence the authorities in order to conceal their involved in the murder. “We ask local authorities and the Azerbaijani embassy in Ukraine for support. Otherwise, the blood of my brother will go in vain,” he said.
During the preliminary investigation, Brinski confessed that he committed the murder himself. However, at the hearing he said that the murder was committed by Armenian businessman Anton Lugasyan and his two nephews.
Brinski said that retired general, businessman Lugasyan, in whose office he worked as a guard, called him and said that his men will bring him a parcel.
“Two unknown men called me to the market belonging to them, and showed a man body who was beaten to the point of being unrecognizable and instructed to bury him in a secret place. I buried the body under the order of my boss. Only after the discovery of the body, I learned who was killed. I learned later that those who brought the body were Lugasyan’s nephews. I didn’t know anything from the very beginning,” he added.
Nurushov Vugar (1976), a businessman originally from Azerbaijan’s Beylagan region, was killed in Kherson in August 2015.
Deputy chairman of the Congress of Azerbaijanis of Ukraine’s Kherson province, businessman Ilham Taghiyev was beaten to death outside his house on August 17. Karapetyan Sergei Razmikovich and Ukrainian citizen Montiyan Khachik Stepanovich of Armenian origin, as well as Azerbaijani Allahverdiyev Naim Balakishi were detained on murder suspicions. However, his relatives claim that Taghiyev’s murder was ordered by Lugasyan.
Related news releases
- 17.07.2018Union of Azerbaijanis of Romania established
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijan establishes Diaspora Support Fund
- 12.06.2018Head of Staff of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora dismissed
- 06.06.2018Polish tourism company cancels illegal trips to Karabakh after protest of Azerbaijani diaspora
- 31.05.2018West Hollywood honors 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 24.11.2015Another Azerbaijani elected deputy in Latvia
- 24.11.2015Latvian MP calls Khojaly event ‘genocide’
- 25.11.2015Latvia’s Jewish community ready to provide any support to Azerbaijanis
- 03.11.2015Azerbaijani diaspora in Netherlands expresses protest to management of VU University Amsterdam
- 31.10.2015Moscow hosts 6th forum of Azerbaijani Youth Union of Russia
- 09.10.2015Sofia conference ends with adoption of declaration