Israeli TV channel: Those who committed Khojaly massacre – butchers who follow in footsteps of Nzhdeh
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. The erection of a monument to the “hero” of Armenians Nzhdeh Garegin in Yerevan was discussed during the program titled “Let’s speak”, aired on the Israeli TV channel 9.
The program presenter Yosef Shagal asked the experts whether a country can call “national hero” a person who committed crimes against humanity and, if so, how it can be justified?
The presenter noted that in current troubled times some states began to distort historical facts.
He also asked: “Should we be indifferent to the erection of monuments to “people's heroes” who committed the tragedy of the Holocaust together with Germans, to anti-semite Stepan Banderaya in Kharkiv, Chernobyl, to Herbert Cukurs, who murdered thousands of Jewish children, as well as to antisemitic Nzhdeh Garegin?”
The debate was joined by the leader of the South Caucasus Israeli international relations expert, Arye Gut, political analyst Oleg Lewinsky and lawyer Mark Knyazhevskiy.
O. Lewinsky said that the Armenians have raised the monument to a person who was involved in the massacre of Turks, Azerbaijanis, and Jews because they have no real hero to be proud of.
Gut, for his part, said that the monument to the fascist Armenian general is a kind of insult to the Holocaust victims.
“It’s not the first time a monument has been raised to Nzhdeh. A few years ago, Armenia was defined as the country with the highest rate of anti-Semitism among post-Soviet countries. In Armenia, anti-Semitism can be found in any area—in policy, in media, etc. Anti-Semitism is their state policy today,” he said.
In regard to the atrocities committed in Khojaly, Gut added that those who committed that massacre are butchers who follow in the footsteps of Nzhdeh.
The program’s guests said that the erection of the monument to the Armenian fascist general is an obvious propaganda of fascism and by this means Armenia overtly promotes fascism in the name of patriotism. They also remarked that the fact that Armenian officials attended the opening of the monument suggest that they want to let everyone know that they are the inheritors to Garegin Nzhdeh.
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 13.07.2016Participant of Congress of World Azerbaijanis deported from Azerbaijan
- 01.08.2016Azerbaijani businessman went missing in Ukraine
- 29.08.2016Azerbaijanis, Ukrainians create joint union
- 30.06.2016MP: French parliament’s decision – in favor of France-Azerbaijan friendship
- 27.06.2016Three detained over attack on office of Turkey-Azerbaijani diaspora organization in Netherlands
- 27.06.2016Azerbaijanis save Armenian woman in Russia