Israeli TV channel: Those who committed Khojaly massacre – butchers who follow in footsteps of Nzhdeh
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. The erection of a monument to the “hero” of Armenians Nzhdeh Garegin in Yerevan was discussed during the program titled “Let’s speak”, aired on the Israeli TV channel 9.
The program presenter Yosef Shagal asked the experts whether a country can call “national hero” a person who committed crimes against humanity and, if so, how it can be justified?
The presenter noted that in current troubled times some states began to distort historical facts.
He also asked: “Should we be indifferent to the erection of monuments to “people's heroes” who committed the tragedy of the Holocaust together with Germans, to anti-semite Stepan Banderaya in Kharkiv, Chernobyl, to Herbert Cukurs, who murdered thousands of Jewish children, as well as to antisemitic Nzhdeh Garegin?”
The debate was joined by the leader of the South Caucasus Israeli international relations expert, Arye Gut, political analyst Oleg Lewinsky and lawyer Mark Knyazhevskiy.
O. Lewinsky said that the Armenians have raised the monument to a person who was involved in the massacre of Turks, Azerbaijanis, and Jews because they have no real hero to be proud of.
Gut, for his part, said that the monument to the fascist Armenian general is a kind of insult to the Holocaust victims.
“It’s not the first time a monument has been raised to Nzhdeh. A few years ago, Armenia was defined as the country with the highest rate of anti-Semitism among post-Soviet countries. In Armenia, anti-Semitism can be found in any area—in policy, in media, etc. Anti-Semitism is their state policy today,” he said.
In regard to the atrocities committed in Khojaly, Gut added that those who committed that massacre are butchers who follow in the footsteps of Nzhdeh.
The program’s guests said that the erection of the monument to the Armenian fascist general is an obvious propaganda of fascism and by this means Armenia overtly promotes fascism in the name of patriotism. They also remarked that the fact that Armenian officials attended the opening of the monument suggest that they want to let everyone know that they are the inheritors to Garegin Nzhdeh.
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: We’re doing a lot to solve problems of Azerbaijanis living abroad
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine appeal to Verkhovna Rada
- 25.04.2017Russian Justice Ministry asks court for time to investigate new documents submitted by All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russia community expresses concern over possible liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russian community expresses protest over liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 04.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Serbian ambassador - UPDATED