Ilham Aliyev: All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress is of special importance
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has sent a message to participants of the 4th meeting of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress that kicked off in Moscow Dec. 28.
“The friendly relations built with Russia in the political-economic and humanitarian areas over a long period have been a key factor in the establishment of large Azerbaijani diaspora in Russia,” President Aliyev said in his message.
The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress is of special importance among Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in other countries, the president noted.
“Over the past years, the Congress has done a lot to expanding moral ties between our compatriots in Russia, their involvement in the socio-political and cultural life of the provinces they live in, strengthening the friendly and strategic partnership relations between Russia and Azerbaijan,” he said.
President Aliyev stressed that the Azerbaijani state attaches great importance to the issue of diaspora formation and highly appreciates the positive, creative and significant social activity of the Azerbaijani communities in Russia.
“I think that each Azerbaijani must first be a decent citizen of his/her country of resident, take an active part in the socio-political, socio-economic and cultural of the society and make an important contribution to its development,” the president said in his message.
“I’m sure that today’s meeting of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress will be held in a constructive manner, and the ideas to be put forward and the decisions to be taken will open up new opportunities for raising the quality of the organization’s work to a higher level, the integration of Azerbaijanis into a multi-ethnic society of Russia, a friendly country to Azerbaijan, and the development of the strategic partnership between the two countries,” President Aliyev added.
The 4th meeting of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress kicked off in Moscow Dec. 28.
More than 200 delegates from 78 regions of the Russian Federation, as well as representatives of the Russian and Azerbaijani governments are attending the meeting hosted by Radisson Royal Hotel, the former UKRAINA Hotel, APA’s Moscow correspondent reported.
The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress was founded in Moscow on March 5, 2001 with support of Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The organization aims to boost socio-economic and cultural relations between Azerbaijan and Russia and to help the Azerbaijanis living in Russia implement their national, cultural and social interests. The priorities of the Congress also include cooperation with Azerbaijan’s diaspora organizations in Russia and the coordination of these activities. The Congress has branches in 83 regions of Russia.
The 3rd meeting of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress was held on November 25, 2011.
Related news releases
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 28.12.2016Ali Hasanov: Moscow meeting will be significant milestone in history of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress - UPDATED
- 28.12.2016New president elected to All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 28.12.2016Ukrainian police suspend search for ‘Azov’ raiders, Azerbaijani businessmen say
- 22.12.2016DVD set of Azerbaijan films released in Los Angeles
- 19.12.2016Nazarbayev awards Azerbaijani MP of Kazakh parliament
- 05.12.2016Next meeting of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress to be held on Dec. 28