Ilham Aliyev: All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress is of special importance
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has sent a message to participants of the 4th meeting of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress that kicked off in Moscow Dec. 28.
“The friendly relations built with Russia in the political-economic and humanitarian areas over a long period have been a key factor in the establishment of large Azerbaijani diaspora in Russia,” President Aliyev said in his message.
The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress is of special importance among Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in other countries, the president noted.
“Over the past years, the Congress has done a lot to expanding moral ties between our compatriots in Russia, their involvement in the socio-political and cultural life of the provinces they live in, strengthening the friendly and strategic partnership relations between Russia and Azerbaijan,” he said.
President Aliyev stressed that the Azerbaijani state attaches great importance to the issue of diaspora formation and highly appreciates the positive, creative and significant social activity of the Azerbaijani communities in Russia.
“I think that each Azerbaijani must first be a decent citizen of his/her country of resident, take an active part in the socio-political, socio-economic and cultural of the society and make an important contribution to its development,” the president said in his message.
“I’m sure that today’s meeting of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress will be held in a constructive manner, and the ideas to be put forward and the decisions to be taken will open up new opportunities for raising the quality of the organization’s work to a higher level, the integration of Azerbaijanis into a multi-ethnic society of Russia, a friendly country to Azerbaijan, and the development of the strategic partnership between the two countries,” President Aliyev added.
The 4th meeting of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress kicked off in Moscow Dec. 28.
More than 200 delegates from 78 regions of the Russian Federation, as well as representatives of the Russian and Azerbaijani governments are attending the meeting hosted by Radisson Royal Hotel, the former UKRAINA Hotel, APA’s Moscow correspondent reported.
The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress was founded in Moscow on March 5, 2001 with support of Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The organization aims to boost socio-economic and cultural relations between Azerbaijan and Russia and to help the Azerbaijanis living in Russia implement their national, cultural and social interests. The priorities of the Congress also include cooperation with Azerbaijan’s diaspora organizations in Russia and the coordination of these activities. The Congress has branches in 83 regions of Russia.
The 3rd meeting of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress was held on November 25, 2011.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 28.12.2016Ali Hasanov: Moscow meeting will be significant milestone in history of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress - UPDATED
- 28.12.2016New president elected to All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 28.12.2016Ukrainian police suspend search for ‘Azov’ raiders, Azerbaijani businessmen say
- 22.12.2016DVD set of Azerbaijan films released in Los Angeles
- 19.12.2016Nazarbayev awards Azerbaijani MP of Kazakh parliament
- 05.12.2016Next meeting of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress to be held on Dec. 28