Heads of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations discuss problems in this sphere
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. Today, a panel on “integration to society and participation in political life” was organized within the 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis.
APA reports moderator of the event head of history department of Giresun University offered weak participation of Azerbaijanis in socio-political life of countries where they live as a topic of the discussions.
MP, professor Musa Gasimli mentioned that Jewish and Armenian diaspora organizations operate as a support to the government: “Azerbaijani state is powerful, but we also must hold discussions on support of our diaspora organizations to the government. At the same time, representatives of diapospora must actively participate in the socio-economic life of the countries where they live. As president Ilham Aliyev mentioned, diaspora organizations must focus on establishment of media outlets in the language of countries where they live”.
Professor at Kiev National Aviation University Arif Guliyev said Azerbaijanis living abroad must support one another. He stressed Azerbaijanis are not sufficiently represented in Ukrainian political organizations, state bodies: “Most of students studying in Ukraine are not sufficiently interested in education. I informed our minister of education too. The ministry of education is also working on it”.
President of Istanbul Turkey Azerbaijan Association Sefer Karakoyunlu also said support of state and people is for successful activity: “First of all, we must introduce Azerbaijan’s culture in the countries we live. Therefore, cultural centers and libraries must be created in the foreign countries”.
Chairman of Azerbaijani-Turkish Cultural Society in Holland Ilhan Ashkin said they prevented construction of monument of “so-called” Armenian genocide: “It’s important to launch Azerbaijani schools in foreign countries and teach our children Azerbaijani language”.
Chairman of the Chuvashia branch of the Public Organization All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress, Aziz Badirov said Azerbaijanis are not actively participating in the events in Russia: “Though we call ourselves Azerbaijanis, they accept us as Turk. We must take this into account and Azerbaijani and Turkish diaporas in Russia must coordinate their activity. On the other side, we must promote our culture. For instance, there is Nizami Ganjavi street, Nizami Ganjavi stadium in Chuvashia. Success of the diaspora must base on participation in information warfare”.
Badirov stressed significance of establishment of relations between Azerbaijan and Chuvashia. He said Azerbaijani embassy in Russia is not active: “We sent a letter to the embassy two years ago. But there is no response yet”.
Head of Joint Congress of Ukrainian Azerbaijanis Rovshan Tagiyev noted there are Azerbaijanis holding high posts in Ukraine: “I am chairman of the Assembly of Nationalities of Ukraine. We have close links with former and current presidents of Ukraine. We have prevented initiatives on “so-called” Armenian genocide in Ukrainian parliament. We love Azerbaijan and at the same time, are studying Ukrainian language. We are trying to integrate to Ukrainian society. Our successes are based on this”.
Chairman of Azerbaijan-Cyprus Friendship Society Orhan Hasanoglu offered to organize trainings for Azerbaijani youths on how to promote Azerbaijan before sending to study.
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 04.06.2016Heads of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations discuss lobbyism
- 04.06.2016Azerbaijani Diaspora to establish special fund and coordination centers on information war
- 07.06.2016“Flag” of unrecognized Karabakh raised during Reporters Without Borders’ anti-Azerbaijani rally in Berlin
- 03.06.2016Azerbaijan to establish coordination centers in European countries
- 03.06.2016Congress of World Azerbaijanis of great importance – President Aliyev
- 03.06.2016Azerbaijani president: Coordination between ambassadors, diaspora organizations should be strengthened