Heads of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations discuss lobbyism
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Today, a panel session on “Lobby-building: changing geopolitical realities in the context of new global economic tendencies” was held within the fourth Congress of World Azerbaijanis.
APA reports the panel’s moderator was Managing Director of the U.S. Azeris Network (USAN) Adil Baguirov.
The president of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis Samira Patzer-Ismailova said geopolitical changes occurred during past five years. According to her, despite the global economic crisis, Azerbaijan continued its development way.
Speaking about lobbyism, Samira Patzer-Ismailova the lobbyism must be carried out in the highest circles: “Lobbyism is important for Azerbaijan’s realities. To support settlement of Armenia-Azerbaijan, the Nagorno Karabakh conflict must be our main duty”.
Chairman of the Congress of Azerbaijanis of Benilux, Sahil Gasimov said European s never want to see representatives of other nations at the same level: “However, we extended out ties by participating actively in political life of these countries, gaining confidence. Strengthening of diaspora activity is very important. Because, an Azerbaijani, who is taxpayer of a country, may do what politicians are unable to do that”.
The president of the Azerbaijan-Israel “AzIs” International Association, Iosif Shagal underlined importance of establishment ties with political circles in lobbyism. According to him, it’s need to give detailed information about Azerbaijan’s history to the high circles of other countries: “Azerbaijanis living abroad must first give information to their children about Azerbaijan”.
Chairman of “Azerbaijan house” Mirvari Fataliyeva said there must be a strong coordination in lobbyism: “It’s difficult to achieve something without joint activity. We mainly face problem that a child, born abroad, has not enough knowledge about Azerbaijan. How these children will carry out lobbying activities in the future? Every Azerbaijani living abroad must actively participate in socio-political life of the countries they live”.
Jeyhun Mollazade, the President of the РїСЂРµР·РёРґРµРЅС‚ US-Azerbaijan Council, stressed the lobbying activity is carried out in the US within certain laws: “Modern technologies must be used in lobbying activity”.
Head of the Ukrainian-Azerbaijani Friendship Society Murad Omarov noted significance of congress. He said Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine are carrying out lobbying activity: “Ties have been established with politicians, media. We are working on giving correct information to political circles about Armenia-Azerbaijan, the Nagoirno Karabakh conflict. Politicians, scientists, civilians of other countries accept our realities”.
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 04.06.2016Azerbaijani Diaspora to establish special fund and coordination centers on information war
- 07.06.2016“Flag” of unrecognized Karabakh raised during Reporters Without Borders’ anti-Azerbaijani rally in Berlin
- 07.06.2016Azerbaijanis hold rally outside Merkel's constituency office
- 04.06.2016Heads of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations discuss problems in this sphere
- 03.06.2016Azerbaijan to establish coordination centers in European countries
- 03.06.2016Congress of World Azerbaijanis of great importance – President Aliyev