Foreign journalists visit Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
The journalists met with relatives of the residents of Aghdam’s Chemenli district – Famil Mustafayev and Ali Huseynov, who were killed as a result of the shelling of Azerbaijani settlements by Armenia.
The bereaved people said that what happened is a crime against the civilian population.
Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry, said Armenia’s military and criminal regime has violated the international law and committed a crime against Azerbaijani civilians.
Hajiyev noted that all these crimes should be given legal assessment.
Then the journalists visited the Aghdam district central hospital to meet with the residents of Aghdam district’s Chemenli village – Shabnam Garashova, Adil Mammadov and Elnur Mammadov, who were injured as a result of the shelling.
The doctors said they received shrapnel wounds and are in stable condition.
Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hikmat Hajiyev on Friday morning arrived in the country's frontline districts, leading local and foreign journalists accredited in Azerbaijan.
The journalists first went to Barda Diagnostic Center to visit the civilians injured as a result of the shelling by Armenia of Azerbaijan’s residential areas.
Among the journalists are the representatives of Reuters news agency, Bloomberg news agency, AFP news agency, RIA Novosti news agency, Anadolu Agency, IHA news agency, Russia 24 TV channel, as well as Israeli media expert Arye Gut and former Moldovan ombudsman Aurelia Grigoriu.
The group of journalists also includes a representative of Azerbaijan's APA Information Agency.
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 10.05.2016Baku to host 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis
- 20.05.2016Moscow: Too early to talk about deploying peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 24.05.2016Over 500 delegates to attend 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis
- 25.04.2016Azerbaijanis hold protest rally against Armenia in Cologne
- 20.04.2016Jean-Pierre Allali: Azerbaijan - rare example of tolerance and openness
- 19.04.2016Trial begins of Armenians suspected of involvement in murdering Azerbaijani diaspora leader in Ukraine