Foreign journalists visit Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
The journalists met with relatives of the residents of Aghdam’s Chemenli district – Famil Mustafayev and Ali Huseynov, who were killed as a result of the shelling of Azerbaijani settlements by Armenia.
The bereaved people said that what happened is a crime against the civilian population.
Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry, said Armenia’s military and criminal regime has violated the international law and committed a crime against Azerbaijani civilians.
Hajiyev noted that all these crimes should be given legal assessment.
Then the journalists visited the Aghdam district central hospital to meet with the residents of Aghdam district’s Chemenli village – Shabnam Garashova, Adil Mammadov and Elnur Mammadov, who were injured as a result of the shelling.
The doctors said they received shrapnel wounds and are in stable condition.
Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hikmat Hajiyev on Friday morning arrived in the country's frontline districts, leading local and foreign journalists accredited in Azerbaijan.
The journalists first went to Barda Diagnostic Center to visit the civilians injured as a result of the shelling by Armenia of Azerbaijan’s residential areas.
Among the journalists are the representatives of Reuters news agency, Bloomberg news agency, AFP news agency, RIA Novosti news agency, Anadolu Agency, IHA news agency, Russia 24 TV channel, as well as Israeli media expert Arye Gut and former Moldovan ombudsman Aurelia Grigoriu.
The group of journalists also includes a representative of Azerbaijan's APA Information Agency.
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 10.05.2016Baku to host 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis
- 20.05.2016Moscow: Too early to talk about deploying peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 24.05.2016Over 500 delegates to attend 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis
- 25.04.2016Azerbaijanis hold protest rally against Armenia in Cologne
- 20.04.2016Jean-Pierre Allali: Azerbaijan - rare example of tolerance and openness
- 19.04.2016Trial begins of Armenians suspected of involvement in murdering Azerbaijani diaspora leader in Ukraine