Foreign journalists visit Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
The journalists met with relatives of the residents of Aghdam’s Chemenli district – Famil Mustafayev and Ali Huseynov, who were killed as a result of the shelling of Azerbaijani settlements by Armenia.
The bereaved people said that what happened is a crime against the civilian population.
Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry, said Armenia’s military and criminal regime has violated the international law and committed a crime against Azerbaijani civilians.
Hajiyev noted that all these crimes should be given legal assessment.
Then the journalists visited the Aghdam district central hospital to meet with the residents of Aghdam district’s Chemenli village – Shabnam Garashova, Adil Mammadov and Elnur Mammadov, who were injured as a result of the shelling.
The doctors said they received shrapnel wounds and are in stable condition.
Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hikmat Hajiyev on Friday morning arrived in the country's frontline districts, leading local and foreign journalists accredited in Azerbaijan.
The journalists first went to Barda Diagnostic Center to visit the civilians injured as a result of the shelling by Armenia of Azerbaijan’s residential areas.
Among the journalists are the representatives of Reuters news agency, Bloomberg news agency, AFP news agency, RIA Novosti news agency, Anadolu Agency, IHA news agency, Russia 24 TV channel, as well as Israeli media expert Arye Gut and former Moldovan ombudsman Aurelia Grigoriu.
The group of journalists also includes a representative of Azerbaijan's APA Information Agency.
- 17.07.2018Union of Azerbaijanis of Romania established
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijan establishes Diaspora Support Fund
- 12.06.2018Head of Staff of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora dismissed
- 06.06.2018Polish tourism company cancels illegal trips to Karabakh after protest of Azerbaijani diaspora
- 31.05.2018West Hollywood honors 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 10.05.2016Baku to host 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis
- 20.05.2016Moscow: Too early to talk about deploying peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 24.05.2016Over 500 delegates to attend 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis
- 25.04.2016Azerbaijanis hold protest rally against Armenia in Cologne
- 20.04.2016Jean-Pierre Allali: Azerbaijan - rare example of tolerance and openness
- 19.04.2016Trial begins of Armenians suspected of involvement in murdering Azerbaijani diaspora leader in Ukraine