Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
The Azerbaijani-American Women Association of New York (AAWANY) organized an event in New York City to celebrate the 100th anniversary the Azerbaijani Democratic Republic (ADR), the State Committee on Work with Diaspora told APA.
The event brought together over 200 people, including Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan to the United Nations, Ambassador Yashar Aliyev, Deputy Mayor of Brooklyn City, Leader of the Jewish community in Azerbaijan Yakov Abramov, community activist Pinchas Avshalumov, President of the My Way Development Center Alyona Badalova, and President of Brooklyn Baku Friendship Association Marietta Rozental.
Delivering a keynote address at the event, Munavvar Vahabova, head of AAWANY and Azerbaijan House in New York, informed the participants about the establishment of ADR and its achievements over the two years of its existence.
Speaking about Azerbaijan's statehood traditions, she emphasized that Azerbaijan had not only declared democratic values in the Muslim East for the first time a 100 years ago, but also ensured these values in its practical activity and that present-day modern Azerbaijan is the heir to that same state.
Other speakers underlined the importance of ADR in the history of Azerbaijan.
After official speeches, the event continued with an artistic program. The dance ensemble of the My Way Development Center, singers Konul Karimova and Jabbar Musayev, who were invited from Azerbaijan, performed at the event.
At the end of the event, Lori Luis and Marietta Rozental presented Konul Karimova, Jabbar Musayev and Munavvar Vahabova with the awards signed by Brooklyn Mayor Eric Adams.
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands