Baku to host 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis
The congress is expected to be joined by more than 500 representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations from 49 countries as well as up to 50 other guests including prominent foreign politicians, public figures and scientists known for their friendly attitude towards Azerbaijan.
During the congress, the work done since the 3rd Congress of World Azerbaijanis will be discussed. The participants will then exchange their views on duties lying ahead as to informing the world community of Azerbaijani realities, use of modern methods and information technologies in raising awareness, current problems relating to protection of Azerbaijanis’ rights and freedoms, and possible solutions to these problems, youth’s involvement in diaspora work, lobby-building and other issues.
Debates on the aforementioned issues as well as meeting with representatives of concerned state agencies of Azerbaijan will also be held on the sidelines of the congress.
At the congress, duties of the diaspora organizations will be specified, a strategy of action of the diaspora organizations will be coordinated to modern realities and a single concept will be developed based on proper consultations on the work to be done to inform the international community of the Azerbaijani realities.
The congress will come to an end with the adoption of several documents.
Over 450 Azerbaijani diaspora organizations are functioning in many countries.
The first Congress of World Azerbaijanis was held on the initiative of national leader Heydar Aliyev on 9-10 November 2001 in Baku. The second and thirds congresses took place on 8 February 2006 and on 5-6 July 2011, respectively.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 20.05.2016Moscow: Too early to talk about deploying peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 24.05.2016Over 500 delegates to attend 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis
- 27.05.2016British MP fascinated by mastery of Karabakh horses
- 29.04.2016Foreign journalists visit Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
- 25.04.2016Azerbaijanis hold protest rally against Armenia in Cologne
- 20.04.2016Jean-Pierre Allali: Azerbaijan - rare example of tolerance and openness