Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside Ukraine’s Interior Ministry in Kiev - UPDATED
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. A number of Azerbaijanis in Ukraine held on Wednesday a rally outside Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs in Kiev to protest against the lack of reaction and failure to take appropriate actions by the ministry towards the recent increase in crimes against Azerbaijanis, especially in cases of abduction of Azerbaijanis in Ukraine.
A statement was adopted at the end of the rally.
The statement notes that since Arsen Avakov’s appointment as interior minister two years ago, more than 20 Azerbaijani businessmen and their children have been kidnapped, assassinations of well-known Azerbaijanis have increased and these crimes have not been disclosed.
Despite the Azerbaijani Diaspora in Ukraine has appealed to the country’s president and interior ministry for than 30 times, there is no result. “In case this inaction continues and violence against Azerbaijanis is not prevented, Azerbaijanis will hold a sedentary protest throughout the country,” says the statement.
Later on, Deputy Ukrainian Interior Minister Ivan Stoyka received Chairman of the United Congress of Azerbaijanis of Ukraine Rovshan Taghiyev and chairman of the Supreme Majlis of the Congress Akif Gulmammadov on behalf of the protesters.
The ministry pledged that the necessary security actions will be taken and that the government will have a meeting with Azerbaijanis in the coming days.
The statement was presented to the interior ministry.
Following the protest, Azerbaijani youth performed a flash mob blaming Avakov for the abduction of their peers.
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. A number of Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine are holding a rally outside Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs in Kiev to protest against the lack of reaction and failure to take appropriate actions by the ministry towards the recent increase in crimes against Azerbaijanis, especially in cases of abduction of Azerbaijanis in Ukraine.
Azerbaijanis from more than 200 cities have joined the rally, the protesters told APA.
The protesters demand Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov to clarify the abduction of over 20 Azerbaijani businessmen and their children, reported over the past two years –-since his appointment—and the failure to disclose the assassinations against famous Azerbaijanis.
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 17.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev visits statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Sabirabad
- 22.09.2016Representatives of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meet with Bill Clinton
- 29.09.2016Baku to host World Forum of Azerbaijani businessmen
- 14.09.2016Ukrainian PM concerned about increase in crimes against Azerbaijanis
- 10.09.2016Five Azerbaijani businessmen kidnapped in Ukraine
- 29.08.2016Azerbaijanis, Ukrainians create joint union