Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside Ukraine’s Interior Ministry in Kiev - UPDATED
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. A number of Azerbaijanis in Ukraine held on Wednesday a rally outside Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs in Kiev to protest against the lack of reaction and failure to take appropriate actions by the ministry towards the recent increase in crimes against Azerbaijanis, especially in cases of abduction of Azerbaijanis in Ukraine.
A statement was adopted at the end of the rally.
The statement notes that since Arsen Avakov’s appointment as interior minister two years ago, more than 20 Azerbaijani businessmen and their children have been kidnapped, assassinations of well-known Azerbaijanis have increased and these crimes have not been disclosed.
Despite the Azerbaijani Diaspora in Ukraine has appealed to the country’s president and interior ministry for than 30 times, there is no result. “In case this inaction continues and violence against Azerbaijanis is not prevented, Azerbaijanis will hold a sedentary protest throughout the country,” says the statement.
Later on, Deputy Ukrainian Interior Minister Ivan Stoyka received Chairman of the United Congress of Azerbaijanis of Ukraine Rovshan Taghiyev and chairman of the Supreme Majlis of the Congress Akif Gulmammadov on behalf of the protesters.
The ministry pledged that the necessary security actions will be taken and that the government will have a meeting with Azerbaijanis in the coming days.
The statement was presented to the interior ministry.
Following the protest, Azerbaijani youth performed a flash mob blaming Avakov for the abduction of their peers.
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. A number of Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine are holding a rally outside Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs in Kiev to protest against the lack of reaction and failure to take appropriate actions by the ministry towards the recent increase in crimes against Azerbaijanis, especially in cases of abduction of Azerbaijanis in Ukraine.
Azerbaijanis from more than 200 cities have joined the rally, the protesters told APA.
The protesters demand Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov to clarify the abduction of over 20 Azerbaijani businessmen and their children, reported over the past two years –-since his appointment—and the failure to disclose the assassinations against famous Azerbaijanis.
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 17.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev visits statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Sabirabad
- 22.09.2016Representatives of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meet with Bill Clinton
- 29.09.2016Baku to host World Forum of Azerbaijani businessmen
- 14.09.2016Ukrainian PM concerned about increase in crimes against Azerbaijanis
- 10.09.2016Five Azerbaijani businessmen kidnapped in Ukraine
- 29.08.2016Azerbaijanis, Ukrainians create joint union