Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
Azerbaijanis living in Belgium and other European countries staged a rally outside Azerbaijan’s Embassy in Brussels to show solidarity in connection with the upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan.
The rally was co-organized by the Congress of European Azerbaijanis and Benelux Azerbaijanis Congress, APA reports.
President of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis Sahil Gasimov, Vice-President of the Benelux Azerbaijanis Congress and others emphasized at the rally that Azerbaijanis living in Europe have always defended their national interests. It was noted that every Azerbaijani is proud of the successes achieved by Azerbaijan, its growing economic and military power, and rising international reputation.
Slogans such as “We are always with you, Azerbaijan!”, “Preserve the name of your country high beyond the homeland!”, “Azerbaijan is not Syria, and it will not!”, etc. were chanted at the rally.
At a meeting held at the polling station set up in the Azerbaijani Embassy in Brussels, Sahil Gasimov said that Azerbaijanis in Europe closely unite around the idea of Azerbaijanis and demonstrate solidarity to protect the interests of the Azerbaijani people and state.
“We, participants of the rally, strongly condemn the actions of some anti-Azerbaijani groups aimed at undermining the image of the country. Our compatriots evaluate insults against the state by a group of people, who are deprived of patriotic feelings, without adhering to ethical frames, as a manifestation of indifference to our national-moral values, and note that these people do not have the right to speak on behalf of the Azerbaijanis,” he added.
Participants of the rally presented a statement to the Azerbaijani embassy, expressing their readiness to act jointly with diaspora organizations.
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level