Azerbaijani president: Coordination between ambassadors, diaspora organizations should be strengthened
He made the remarks at the 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis in Baku June 3.
President Aliyev noted that the coordination between ambassadors and diaspora organizations should be strengthened, because the main goal is to make Azerbaijan stronger.
"In some cases, the diaspora organizations compete with each other. It should be a healthy competition. Our strength lies in unity," the president said.
Ilham Aliyev called on Azerbaijani diaspora organizations abroad to unite and speak with one voice.
"If so, public respect for them will increase. If the communities of foreign countries see that our diaspora organizations do not get along, then the attitude towards them will not be good. Unity is the key. Most Azerbaijanis are patriotic and they want to strengthen our country," he emphasized.
The head of state said every two years, he meet with ambassadors and instruct them to assist diaspora organizations.
“We want the Azerbaijanis living abroad to hold high positions, so that the number of Azerbaijanis would increase within local legislative bodies. Unfortunately, Azerbaijanis living abroad are not sufficiently represented in executive and legislative bodies. The Azerbaijani state can not interfere in this issue, our diaspora organizations themselves have to do this,” he added.
According to the president, Azerbaijanis living abroad have great business opportunities. "I high appreciate it. Azerbaijanis residing abroad can also assist their fellow countrymen.”
Related news releases
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 03.06.2016Congress of World Azerbaijanis of great importance – President Aliyev
- 03.06.2016Azerbaijan to establish coordination centers in European countries
- 04.06.2016Heads of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations discuss problems in this sphere
- 03.06.20164th Congress of World Azerbaijanis kicks off in Baku
- 02.06.2016Honorary title ‘Honored Journalist’ conferred on APA correspondent to Georgia
- 02.06.2016AZN 3M allocated for strengthening activities of Azerbaijan’s Diaspora organizations