Azerbaijani president: Coordination between ambassadors, diaspora organizations should be strengthened
He made the remarks at the 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis in Baku June 3.
President Aliyev noted that the coordination between ambassadors and diaspora organizations should be strengthened, because the main goal is to make Azerbaijan stronger.
"In some cases, the diaspora organizations compete with each other. It should be a healthy competition. Our strength lies in unity," the president said.
Ilham Aliyev called on Azerbaijani diaspora organizations abroad to unite and speak with one voice.
"If so, public respect for them will increase. If the communities of foreign countries see that our diaspora organizations do not get along, then the attitude towards them will not be good. Unity is the key. Most Azerbaijanis are patriotic and they want to strengthen our country," he emphasized.
The head of state said every two years, he meet with ambassadors and instruct them to assist diaspora organizations.
“We want the Azerbaijanis living abroad to hold high positions, so that the number of Azerbaijanis would increase within local legislative bodies. Unfortunately, Azerbaijanis living abroad are not sufficiently represented in executive and legislative bodies. The Azerbaijani state can not interfere in this issue, our diaspora organizations themselves have to do this,” he added.
According to the president, Azerbaijanis living abroad have great business opportunities. "I high appreciate it. Azerbaijanis residing abroad can also assist their fellow countrymen.”
Related news releases
- 17.07.2018Union of Azerbaijanis of Romania established
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijan establishes Diaspora Support Fund
- 12.06.2018Head of Staff of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora dismissed
- 06.06.2018Polish tourism company cancels illegal trips to Karabakh after protest of Azerbaijani diaspora
- 31.05.2018West Hollywood honors 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 03.06.2016Congress of World Azerbaijanis of great importance – President Aliyev
- 03.06.2016Azerbaijan to establish coordination centers in European countries
- 04.06.2016Heads of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations discuss problems in this sphere
- 03.06.20164th Congress of World Azerbaijanis kicks off in Baku
- 02.06.2016Honorary title ‘Honored Journalist’ conferred on APA correspondent to Georgia
- 02.06.2016AZN 3M allocated for strengthening activities of Azerbaijan’s Diaspora organizations