Azerbaijani president: Coordination between ambassadors, diaspora organizations should be strengthened
He made the remarks at the 4th Congress of World Azerbaijanis in Baku June 3.
President Aliyev noted that the coordination between ambassadors and diaspora organizations should be strengthened, because the main goal is to make Azerbaijan stronger.
"In some cases, the diaspora organizations compete with each other. It should be a healthy competition. Our strength lies in unity," the president said.
Ilham Aliyev called on Azerbaijani diaspora organizations abroad to unite and speak with one voice.
"If so, public respect for them will increase. If the communities of foreign countries see that our diaspora organizations do not get along, then the attitude towards them will not be good. Unity is the key. Most Azerbaijanis are patriotic and they want to strengthen our country," he emphasized.
The head of state said every two years, he meet with ambassadors and instruct them to assist diaspora organizations.
“We want the Azerbaijanis living abroad to hold high positions, so that the number of Azerbaijanis would increase within local legislative bodies. Unfortunately, Azerbaijanis living abroad are not sufficiently represented in executive and legislative bodies. The Azerbaijani state can not interfere in this issue, our diaspora organizations themselves have to do this,” he added.
According to the president, Azerbaijanis living abroad have great business opportunities. "I high appreciate it. Azerbaijanis residing abroad can also assist their fellow countrymen.”
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 03.06.2016Congress of World Azerbaijanis of great importance – President Aliyev
- 03.06.2016Azerbaijan to establish coordination centers in European countries
- 04.06.2016Heads of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations discuss problems in this sphere
- 03.06.20164th Congress of World Azerbaijanis kicks off in Baku
- 02.06.2016Honorary title ‘Honored Journalist’ conferred on APA correspondent to Georgia
- 02.06.2016AZN 3M allocated for strengthening activities of Azerbaijan’s Diaspora organizations