Azerbaijani diaspora concerned over plan of erecting Armenian monument in Russia’s Blagoveshchensk city
According to him, the Armenian community of Amur oblast has been carrying out provocative activities for two years.
“On 25 September 2013, the Armenian community in Amur planned to organize a concert titled “We and our mountains” on behalf of the separatist regime in Nagorno-Karabakh. However, with the help of local authorities, we managed to prevent the organization of the concert and ethnic conflict,” he noted.
After a while, the Armenian community once again began to take provocative actions, intending to erect a monument called “Khachkar” on the anniversary of the so-called “Armenian genocide”, Asgarov said.
“Despite numerous appeals on allocation of place for the erection of Khachkar monument made by the Armenians within a year, city and oblast administration refused it. I have met with officials of Amur Oblast and Deputy Governor Valery Platov. They said that this monument wouldn’t be erected in the territory of the city or oblast,” he added.
Asgarov said that after negative response of Amur Oblast, the Armenian community resorted to another provocative action. Drawing the local priest to their side, they are planning to erect the monument in the area of Orthodox church soon.
“We believe that such a provocative act will lead to aggravation of the situation in the region,” he underlined.
Asgarov said that he appealed to local leadership, president of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress, Mammadbagir Aliyev, Ambassador of Azerbaijan to Russia Polad Bulbuloghlu, Turkey's embassy in Russia, as well as president of Azerbaijan National-Cultural Autonomy – AzerRos Soyun Sadigov in this regard.
Related news releases
- 17.07.2018Union of Azerbaijanis of Romania established
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijan establishes Diaspora Support Fund
- 12.06.2018Head of Staff of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora dismissed
- 06.06.2018Polish tourism company cancels illegal trips to Karabakh after protest of Azerbaijani diaspora
- 31.05.2018West Hollywood honors 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 20.04.2015London-based Azerbaijanis express their fury over hostages in Armenian captivity - PHOTO
- 22.04.2015Bosnia and Herzegovina FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.04.2015Russia disallows to mark 100th anniversary of Armenian genocide after Azerbaijanis’ protest
- 10.04.2015Azerbaijani Diaspora leader died in Russia
- 08.04.2015Renowned diplomat Henry Kissinger to visit Azerbaijan
- 02.04.2015Irakli Garibashvili: "Unity of Georgia, Azerbaijan and Turkey is extremely important" - PHOTOSESSION