Azerbaijani diaspora concerned over plan of erecting Armenian monument in Russia’s Blagoveshchensk city
According to him, the Armenian community of Amur oblast has been carrying out provocative activities for two years.
“On 25 September 2013, the Armenian community in Amur planned to organize a concert titled “We and our mountains” on behalf of the separatist regime in Nagorno-Karabakh. However, with the help of local authorities, we managed to prevent the organization of the concert and ethnic conflict,” he noted.
After a while, the Armenian community once again began to take provocative actions, intending to erect a monument called “Khachkar” on the anniversary of the so-called “Armenian genocide”, Asgarov said.
“Despite numerous appeals on allocation of place for the erection of Khachkar monument made by the Armenians within a year, city and oblast administration refused it. I have met with officials of Amur Oblast and Deputy Governor Valery Platov. They said that this monument wouldn’t be erected in the territory of the city or oblast,” he added.
Asgarov said that after negative response of Amur Oblast, the Armenian community resorted to another provocative action. Drawing the local priest to their side, they are planning to erect the monument in the area of Orthodox church soon.
“We believe that such a provocative act will lead to aggravation of the situation in the region,” he underlined.
Asgarov said that he appealed to local leadership, president of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress, Mammadbagir Aliyev, Ambassador of Azerbaijan to Russia Polad Bulbuloghlu, Turkey's embassy in Russia, as well as president of Azerbaijan National-Cultural Autonomy – AzerRos Soyun Sadigov in this regard.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 20.04.2015London-based Azerbaijanis express their fury over hostages in Armenian captivity - PHOTO
- 22.04.2015Bosnia and Herzegovina FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.04.2015Russia disallows to mark 100th anniversary of Armenian genocide after Azerbaijanis’ protest
- 10.04.2015Azerbaijani Diaspora leader died in Russia
- 08.04.2015Renowned diplomat Henry Kissinger to visit Azerbaijan
- 02.04.2015Irakli Garibashvili: "Unity of Georgia, Azerbaijan and Turkey is extremely important" - PHOTOSESSION