Ukrainian police suspend search for ‘Azov’ raiders, Azerbaijani businessmen say
The search for the servicemen of the Azov battalion who stormed an Azerbaijani store in the city of Kharkiv has stopped.
Businessman Vugar Karimoglu told APA that despite the application written to the police, the investigation into the criminal case launched by Shevchenko district police department of Kharkiv city was suspended.
He said they protested against it outside the police department yesterday. “Police ordered us to leave and threatened us with truncheons. They do not give us information. We have also appealed to the consulate, but to little avail,” he added.
Businessman Mehrab Usubov noted that $10,000 damage was caused to their property in the looting. “Police witnessed everything. They are threatening us every day. Police didn’t interfere at the time, nor do they consider our appeals,” he said.
Azerbaijani Honorary Consul in Kharkiv Afghan Salmanov told APA has not received any appeal in this regard. “I haven’t heard of any fact against the Azerbaijanis on ethnic grounds. A written appeal should be made so that we can appeal to relevant bodies on that basis. He said that during the raid, the Azerbaijani businessmen were found to be engaged in illegal activity”, Salmanov said. However, the Consul didn’t answer the question as to the raid was carried out by Azov forces rather than by the police or a concerned body.
Special forces of the Azov battalion of Ukraine's National Guard carried out an assault on Dec. 15 on a store owned by five Azerbaijani businessmen in the city of Kharkiv. Azov forces attacked an Azerbaijani store selling Christmas trees and seized all their property. The forces insulted the Azerbaijanis, telling them to sell the Christmas trees in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 12.05.2017Anti-Azerbaijani groups in Russia trying hard to liquidate AAC: State Committee
- 12.05.2017Russian court may decide on liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress on May 15
- 10.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in San Diego
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijani appointed vice-president of People’s Assembly of Kazakhstan
- 25.04.2017Russian Justice Ministry asks court for time to investigate new documents submitted by All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine appeal to Verkhovna Rada
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: We’re doing a lot to solve problems of Azerbaijanis living abroad
- 11.04.2017Hearing on lawsuit seeking to liquidate All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress postponed
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russia community expresses concern over possible liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 28.12.2016Fazil Gurbanov: Expansion of ties with All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress offices in provinces is a priority
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijani diaspora often overpowers Armenia’s: committee chairman
- 31.12.2016World Azerbaijanis mark Solidarity Day
- 28.12.2016New president elected to All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 28.12.2016Ali Hasanov: Moscow meeting will be significant milestone in history of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress - UPDATED
- 28.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress is of special importance