Azerbaijani businessman, his children not allowed to leave separatist-controlled Ukrainian city
An Azerbaijani businessman and his children are not allowed to leave the Ukrainian city of Krasnyi Luch, controlled by the unrecognized Luhansk People's Republic.
Speaking to APA on Thursday, 47-year-old businessman Knyaz Mammadov, a native of Azerbaijan’s Yevlakh district, said local servicemen do not let them leave the city of Krasnyi Luch despite the fact that his son Jeyhun Mammadov reached the conscription age and is willing to serve in the Azerbaijani Army.
Mammadov, who has for many years been involved in business in Luhansk oblast, said that he is living under siege together with his children.
“I have been living here for a long with my two daughters and son without their mother. We are all citizens of Azerbaijan. A year ago, my son reached the age of conscription. He wants to serve in the Azerbaijani Army, but we are not allowed to leave the city. They told us that we don’t have passports issued by the local government,” Mammadov said, noting that he has already appealed to the Azerbaijani Embassy in Ukraine in this regard.
“I was told that I should go to the embassy, but how can I go to Kiev, if I am under siege. We are not allowed to move a step away from our house,” he added.
The businessman also asked for help from the relevant bodies of Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 12.05.2017Anti-Azerbaijani groups in Russia trying hard to liquidate AAC: State Committee
- 12.05.2017Russian court may decide on liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress on May 15
- 10.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in San Diego
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijani appointed vice-president of People’s Assembly of Kazakhstan
- 25.04.2017Russian Justice Ministry asks court for time to investigate new documents submitted by All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine appeal to Verkhovna Rada
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: We’re doing a lot to solve problems of Azerbaijanis living abroad
- 11.04.2017Hearing on lawsuit seeking to liquidate All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress postponed
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russia community expresses concern over possible liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russian community expresses protest over liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 04.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Serbian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.01.2017National Congress of Armenians of Ukraine: Azerbaijan’s occupied lands should be returned
- 12.01.2017President names body to provide social assistance to low-income Azerbaijanis living abroad
- 19.01.2017Karabakh Collection by Leonie Mergen represented Azerbaijani heritage at Berlin Fashion Week
- 31.12.2016World Azerbaijanis mark Solidarity Day
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijani diaspora often overpowers Armenia’s: committee chairman
- 28.12.2016Fazil Gurbanov: Expansion of ties with All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress offices in provinces is a priority