Azerbaijan’s Russian community expresses protest over liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
The "Russian community of Azerbaijan" public association has made a statement expressing strong protest over the decision of certain state structures of Russia on the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress, the largest public association of Russia, the Republican Council of the Russian community of Azerbaijan told APA on April 4.
The Russian community said it believes that behind this political provocation are certain forces trying to drive a wedge between the friendship and partnership between Russia and Azerbaijan as well as between the Russian and Azerbaijan peoples.
“The All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress has always carried out its activities within the framework of the laws of the Russian Federation. Social and political stability and loyalty to the political system of Russia have always been a constant priority for the Congress,” the Russian community said in its statement.
The statement further stressed that the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress, with which the Russian community of Azerbaijan is connected by strong business relations and joint work on the development of cultural and spiritual ties between the Russian and Azerbaijani peoples, certainly concerns the Russian population of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
“The “Russian community of Azerbaijan” public association in its activity always feels support and high attention of the leadership, governmental and state bodies of Azerbaijan,” said the statement.
The Russian community continued: “In Azerbaijan comprehensive support is given to the preservation and development the Russian language and culture. In Azerbaijan there are 350 Russian language schools, and Russian language faculties are functioning at universities where nearly 16,000 students study. The Russian Orthodox Church enjoys state support.”
The statement also emphasized that against the backdrop of Azerbaijan’s active support to the activities of the “Russian community of Azerbaijan” public association, as well as the disrespectful, hostile attitude of Russian state structures towards the authoritative and millions-strong Azerbaijani diaspora and the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress is surprising.
Considering the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress a serious political and strategic mistake by some Russian government officials, the Russian community of Azerbaijan expressed hope that the Russian government will take all measures to ensure the preservation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress, the largest public association of Russia.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russia community expresses concern over possible liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 11.04.2017Hearing on lawsuit seeking to liquidate All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress postponed
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: We’re doing a lot to solve problems of Azerbaijanis living abroad
- 04.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Serbian ambassador - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017UN chief’s possible participation in Baku Forum discussed in New York
- 03.04.2017State Committee comments on reports of liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress