Azerbaijan’s Russian community expresses protest over liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
The "Russian community of Azerbaijan" public association has made a statement expressing strong protest over the decision of certain state structures of Russia on the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress, the largest public association of Russia, the Republican Council of the Russian community of Azerbaijan told APA on April 4.
The Russian community said it believes that behind this political provocation are certain forces trying to drive a wedge between the friendship and partnership between Russia and Azerbaijan as well as between the Russian and Azerbaijan peoples.
“The All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress has always carried out its activities within the framework of the laws of the Russian Federation. Social and political stability and loyalty to the political system of Russia have always been a constant priority for the Congress,” the Russian community said in its statement.
The statement further stressed that the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress, with which the Russian community of Azerbaijan is connected by strong business relations and joint work on the development of cultural and spiritual ties between the Russian and Azerbaijani peoples, certainly concerns the Russian population of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
“The “Russian community of Azerbaijan” public association in its activity always feels support and high attention of the leadership, governmental and state bodies of Azerbaijan,” said the statement.
The Russian community continued: “In Azerbaijan comprehensive support is given to the preservation and development the Russian language and culture. In Azerbaijan there are 350 Russian language schools, and Russian language faculties are functioning at universities where nearly 16,000 students study. The Russian Orthodox Church enjoys state support.”
The statement also emphasized that against the backdrop of Azerbaijan’s active support to the activities of the “Russian community of Azerbaijan” public association, as well as the disrespectful, hostile attitude of Russian state structures towards the authoritative and millions-strong Azerbaijani diaspora and the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress is surprising.
Considering the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress a serious political and strategic mistake by some Russian government officials, the Russian community of Azerbaijan expressed hope that the Russian government will take all measures to ensure the preservation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress, the largest public association of Russia.
Related news releases
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russia community expresses concern over possible liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 11.04.2017Hearing on lawsuit seeking to liquidate All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress postponed
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: We’re doing a lot to solve problems of Azerbaijanis living abroad
- 04.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Serbian ambassador - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017UN chief’s possible participation in Baku Forum discussed in New York
- 03.04.2017State Committee comments on reports of liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress