Armenian provocation intercepted during presentation of book on NK conflict - PHOTOSESSION
The presentation took place in Peace Memorial Complex and was joined by Director of the Centre for Geopolitical Studies Greta
Tučkutė, head of the Lithuanian parliament’s friendship group with Azerbaijan Juras Požela, Azerbaijani ambassador to Lithuania Hasan Mammadzadeh, local experts, and Azerbaijani youth and public figures, APA reported.
Tučkutė gave information about the book, saying it touches upon the roots of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Armenia’s gross violation of international law, and possible peaceful solutions to the conflict.
Ambassador Hasan Mammadzadeh, MP Požela, and others also spoke about the book and its importance.
During the presentation, an unknown person entered the hall in an attempt to cause confusion. Marat Sargsyan, an active Armenian diaspora leader, grabbed the microphone and threatened participants and organizers, condemning Lithuanian authorities for their supporting Azerbaijan regarding the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and trying to display some video materials. Tučkutė tried to pacify him and explain to him his mistakes.
“While preparing the book we also found out that although there no Azerbaijanis left in Armenia, a significant number of Armenians still live comfortably in Azerbaijan,” she said.
Sargsyan then tried to drag Azerbaijani participants into provocation but he failed.
Note that, Note that, as part of the joint project called “Azerbaijanis beyond the border…” between APA Holding and Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Work with Diaspora, meetings are being held with Azerbaijanis living abroad.
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 09.12.2015President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan wants to expand cooperation with China in all areas
- 10.12.2015Act of vandalism committed against Turkish memorial in Sevastopol
- 14.12.2015Azerbaijani diaspora appeals to Russia State Duma for Khojaly genocide recognition
- 25.11.2015Latvia’s Jewish community ready to provide any support to Azerbaijanis
- 24.11.2015Latvian MP calls Khojaly event ‘genocide’
- 24.11.2015Another Azerbaijani elected deputy in Latvia