Armenian provocation intercepted during presentation of book on NK conflict - PHOTOSESSION
The presentation took place in Peace Memorial Complex and was joined by Director of the Centre for Geopolitical Studies Greta
Tučkutė, head of the Lithuanian parliament’s friendship group with Azerbaijan Juras Požela, Azerbaijani ambassador to Lithuania Hasan Mammadzadeh, local experts, and Azerbaijani youth and public figures, APA reported.
Tučkutė gave information about the book, saying it touches upon the roots of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Armenia’s gross violation of international law, and possible peaceful solutions to the conflict.
Ambassador Hasan Mammadzadeh, MP Požela, and others also spoke about the book and its importance.
During the presentation, an unknown person entered the hall in an attempt to cause confusion. Marat Sargsyan, an active Armenian diaspora leader, grabbed the microphone and threatened participants and organizers, condemning Lithuanian authorities for their supporting Azerbaijan regarding the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and trying to display some video materials. Tučkutė tried to pacify him and explain to him his mistakes.
“While preparing the book we also found out that although there no Azerbaijanis left in Armenia, a significant number of Armenians still live comfortably in Azerbaijan,” she said.
Sargsyan then tried to drag Azerbaijani participants into provocation but he failed.
Note that, Note that, as part of the joint project called “Azerbaijanis beyond the border…” between APA Holding and Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Work with Diaspora, meetings are being held with Azerbaijanis living abroad.
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 09.12.2015President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan wants to expand cooperation with China in all areas
- 10.12.2015Act of vandalism committed against Turkish memorial in Sevastopol
- 14.12.2015Azerbaijani diaspora appeals to Russia State Duma for Khojaly genocide recognition
- 25.11.2015Latvia’s Jewish community ready to provide any support to Azerbaijanis
- 24.11.2015Latvian MP calls Khojaly event ‘genocide’
- 24.11.2015Another Azerbaijani elected deputy in Latvia