A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
At the extraordinary session of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis (CAE) that kicked off in Amsterdam for the first time held debate between media and the Disapora, APA reports.
Speaking at the panel discussion on the theme “Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media: level of cooperation, problems and their solutions” held within the session, chairman of the "Yeni Müsavat" media group Rauf Arifoglu noted the importance of holding the meeting in the format of "media diaspora".
He noted that the country's leading media are ready to work together with the diaspora and consider the relevant proposals. R. Arifoglu also positively assessed the latest innovations in the activities of the diaspora, noting the need to expand the work. The head of the media group, recalling the wide readership of leading media in social networks, urged the Diaspora to seize this opportunity.
Recalling the state's expectations from the media, which are periodically voiced by presidential aide Ali Gasanov the President of APA Holding Vusala Mahirgizi told about the media group APA Holding: "Apart from apa.az and APA TV, also Lent.az and the Russian-language portal Vesti.az functioning. Our diaspora organizations coorprate with Vesti.az and this is normal. It also publishes information on the APA functioning in 6 languages - Azerbaijani, Russian, English, French, Arabic and Armenian. There are a lot of resources in our social networks, with more than one million readers subscribed."
According to Vusala Mahirgizi, APA Holding is one of the media that has closest cooperation with the State Committee for Work with the Diaspora. The Holding fully covers the activities of the State Committee, Diaspora organizations, in particular, the last events of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis. We also express gratitude to the president of CAE Sahil Gasimov for active work and invitation."
V. Mahirgizi noted that in matters related to Azerbaijan and national interests, it is important for the diaspora to cooperate with the media.
The head of the APA Holding noted the importance of cooperation between representatives of the diaspora and the media structures of the countries of activity: "In addition, there is a great benefit from active activities in social networks. I mean not only Facebook and Twitter, but also the creation of channels in Youtube."
According to V. Mahirgizi, during the April events, Armenians also carried out sabotage in social media: "At such times, the diaspora organizations need to be united with the media, it should be active in disseminating information through their pages in various languages published on our resources. In this regard, it would be advisable to set up special groups for diaspora organizations. This would be a great support for our information activities. In general, a personal approach to people's opinions should form the basis of the work.
V. Mahirgizi urged the Diaspora leaders to work more actively in spreading the truth about Azerbaijan.
At the panel discussionon also delivered speach the head of Teleqraf media groups Aynur Guliyeva, head of "Yeniçağ" Agil Alesker, head off "IA Report" Murad Aliyev, head of "Intrpresspress" website Togrul Allahverdili, head of resources of "Haqqın.az" and "virtualaz.org" Eynulla Fatullayev, chairman of the State Committee for Work with the Diaspora Nazim Ibrahimov and the presidential aide on social issues political issues Ali Hasanov.
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic