A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
At the extraordinary session of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis (CAE) that kicked off in Amsterdam for the first time held debate between media and the Disapora, APA reports.
Speaking at the panel discussion on the theme “Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media: level of cooperation, problems and their solutions” held within the session, chairman of the "Yeni Müsavat" media group Rauf Arifoglu noted the importance of holding the meeting in the format of "media diaspora".
He noted that the country's leading media are ready to work together with the diaspora and consider the relevant proposals. R. Arifoglu also positively assessed the latest innovations in the activities of the diaspora, noting the need to expand the work. The head of the media group, recalling the wide readership of leading media in social networks, urged the Diaspora to seize this opportunity.
Recalling the state's expectations from the media, which are periodically voiced by presidential aide Ali Gasanov the President of APA Holding Vusala Mahirgizi told about the media group APA Holding: "Apart from apa.az and APA TV, also Lent.az and the Russian-language portal Vesti.az functioning. Our diaspora organizations coorprate with Vesti.az and this is normal. It also publishes information on the APA functioning in 6 languages - Azerbaijani, Russian, English, French, Arabic and Armenian. There are a lot of resources in our social networks, with more than one million readers subscribed."
According to Vusala Mahirgizi, APA Holding is one of the media that has closest cooperation with the State Committee for Work with the Diaspora. The Holding fully covers the activities of the State Committee, Diaspora organizations, in particular, the last events of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis. We also express gratitude to the president of CAE Sahil Gasimov for active work and invitation."
V. Mahirgizi noted that in matters related to Azerbaijan and national interests, it is important for the diaspora to cooperate with the media.
The head of the APA Holding noted the importance of cooperation between representatives of the diaspora and the media structures of the countries of activity: "In addition, there is a great benefit from active activities in social networks. I mean not only Facebook and Twitter, but also the creation of channels in Youtube."
According to V. Mahirgizi, during the April events, Armenians also carried out sabotage in social media: "At such times, the diaspora organizations need to be united with the media, it should be active in disseminating information through their pages in various languages published on our resources. In this regard, it would be advisable to set up special groups for diaspora organizations. This would be a great support for our information activities. In general, a personal approach to people's opinions should form the basis of the work.
V. Mahirgizi urged the Diaspora leaders to work more actively in spreading the truth about Azerbaijan.
At the panel discussionon also delivered speach the head of Teleqraf media groups Aynur Guliyeva, head of "Yeniçağ" Agil Alesker, head off "IA Report" Murad Aliyev, head of "Intrpresspress" website Togrul Allahverdili, head of resources of "Haqqın.az" and "virtualaz.org" Eynulla Fatullayev, chairman of the State Committee for Work with the Diaspora Nazim Ibrahimov and the presidential aide on social issues political issues Ali Hasanov.
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic