Zakir Hasanov: Azerbaijani state obliged to resolve conflict by military means - PHOTOSESSION
“Having suffered heave losses, the enemy understood that Azerbaijan has a real military power”
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. Next graduation ceremony for the young officers, who have successfully completed the Reserve Officer course and given the military rank of lieutenant under the order of the defense minister, has been held today at the Military Education and Training Center of the Armed Forces.
Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov has met with the graduates, first congratulating them on obtaining their first officer ranks, APA reports. He then spoke about the latest reforms carried out in the army, important events held in the military education system, and a number of priority issues on the combat, technical and psychological readiness of the Armed Forces’ personnel: “This significant day will linger on your minds throughout your life for today you’re laying the foundation of a very crucial stage in your life; You’re greatly contributing to the strengthening of the defense capability of our homeland by your promotion to officer positions”.
The minister noted that every single serviceman must comprehend the motto “Serving our homeland, people and state is the meaning of our life”, live with this ambition and serve with honesty. The minister mentioned 20 percent of our lands have been under occupation since years ago, stressing that the main responsibility for the resolution of this problem is upon the Armed Forces’ personnel: “Our country has for years spared no efforts to resolve the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict of Nagorno-Karabakh. Unfortunately, with their double standards, officials of some influential states and international organizations turn a blind eye to the occupation of our lands, recognized within the international law, instead of exerting pressure on Armenia. In this case, Azerbaijan is obliged to resolve the conflict by military means and liberate its lands from occupation by using military force”.
Recalling the tense situation on the front line in July-August of this year, Hasanov noted that the reforms carried out by the country’s leadership on military buildup have irritated Azerbaijan’s enemies.
“Such events have once again proved that our army has necessary military power. Having suffered heave losses, the enemy understood that Azerbaijan has a real military power,” he said.
Addressing the young officers, the minister noted that every Azerbaijani officer should be an example for his military staff.
“Your main duty is to bring up the soldier in your obedience in the spirit of devotion to the country and state. You should use all effective tools in the preparation of patriot warriors, providing them with high fighting spirit. Do not forget that it’s the soldiers that control the most modern equipment and weapons. So our soldiers should be raised in a spirit of high moral values,” he added.
- 19.10.201725 documents signed at Baku session of CIS Border Troops Commanders Council
- 19.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 137 times
- 18.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 17.10.2017Foreign military attachés visit Azerbaijani Air Force Base
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian Armed Forces sign joint protocol
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish and Georgian Armed Forces hold meeting in Tbilisi - UPDATED
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s successful military ops in April 2016 highlighted at Tbilisi meeting
- 17.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss military cooperation
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian Armed Forces to hold meeting
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan-Georgia military cooperation discussed in Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov meets Chief of Georgian General Staff
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister embarks on visit to Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish Armed Forces to meet in Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Field firings carried out from “Buk-MB” anti-aircraft missile systems - VIDEO
- 14.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 13.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017U.S. considers Azerbaijan key partner in fight against terrorism: Pentagon
- 12.10.2017Rocket, artillery formations of Azerbaijani Army stage live-fire drills - VİDEO
- 12.10.2017Zakir Hasanov attends meeting of CIS Defense Ministers Council
- 12.10.2017Tajik president meets with defense ministers of CIS member states
- 12.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017OSCE to monitor border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister gets acquainted with Belarusian-made military hardware
- 10.10.2017Zakir Hasanov meets with State Secretary of Belarusian Security Council
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 10.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017Prospects of Belarus-Azerbaijan military, technical cooperation discussed in Minsk
- 09.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister familiarizes with military equipment produced by Belarusian defense industry
- 08.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister starts official visit to Belarus
- 07.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 90 times
- 06.10.2017Zakir Hasanov to visit Belarus
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani Navy sailors start visit to Iran
- 06.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 104 times
- 05.10.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss expanding military education co-op
- 04.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 94 times
- 06.11.2014Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 22 times throughout the day
- 06.11.2014Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov receives Turkish Special Forces Commander
- 07.11.2014Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 33 times throughout the day
- 05.11.2014Turkish Special Forces Commander on visit to Azerbaijan
- 05.11.2014Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 17 times throughout the day
- 04.11.2014Azerbaijani Naval Forces undergoing combat readiness exercises - PHOTOSESSION
Top news of the day