Zakir Hasanov: Azerbaijani state obliged to resolve conflict by military means - PHOTOSESSION
“Having suffered heave losses, the enemy understood that Azerbaijan has a real military power”
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. Next graduation ceremony for the young officers, who have successfully completed the Reserve Officer course and given the military rank of lieutenant under the order of the defense minister, has been held today at the Military Education and Training Center of the Armed Forces.
Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov has met with the graduates, first congratulating them on obtaining their first officer ranks, APA reports. He then spoke about the latest reforms carried out in the army, important events held in the military education system, and a number of priority issues on the combat, technical and psychological readiness of the Armed Forces’ personnel: “This significant day will linger on your minds throughout your life for today you’re laying the foundation of a very crucial stage in your life; You’re greatly contributing to the strengthening of the defense capability of our homeland by your promotion to officer positions”.
The minister noted that every single serviceman must comprehend the motto “Serving our homeland, people and state is the meaning of our life”, live with this ambition and serve with honesty. The minister mentioned 20 percent of our lands have been under occupation since years ago, stressing that the main responsibility for the resolution of this problem is upon the Armed Forces’ personnel: “Our country has for years spared no efforts to resolve the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict of Nagorno-Karabakh. Unfortunately, with their double standards, officials of some influential states and international organizations turn a blind eye to the occupation of our lands, recognized within the international law, instead of exerting pressure on Armenia. In this case, Azerbaijan is obliged to resolve the conflict by military means and liberate its lands from occupation by using military force”.
Recalling the tense situation on the front line in July-August of this year, Hasanov noted that the reforms carried out by the country’s leadership on military buildup have irritated Azerbaijan’s enemies.
“Such events have once again proved that our army has necessary military power. Having suffered heave losses, the enemy understood that Azerbaijan has a real military power,” he said.
Addressing the young officers, the minister noted that every Azerbaijani officer should be an example for his military staff.
“Your main duty is to bring up the soldier in your obedience in the spirit of devotion to the country and state. You should use all effective tools in the preparation of patriot warriors, providing them with high fighting spirit. Do not forget that it’s the soldiers that control the most modern equipment and weapons. So our soldiers should be raised in a spirit of high moral values,” he added.
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish special forces to hold joint drills
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgia and Turkey mull prospects for military co-op - UPDATED
- 23.05.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish defense ministers to meet in Batumi
- 22.05.2017Georgian PM meets Azerbaijani defense minister
- 22.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 20.05.2017Azerbaijani servicemen undergo exercises as part of NATO programme
- 20.05.2017Armenia throws nearly 50 shell at Azerbaijani positions
- 19.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijani MoD: Armenia’s combat and non-combat losses are more than official figures suggest
- 18.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using machine guns, mortars
- 17.05.2017MoD: Armenia confirmed to have shelled Azerbaijani settlements
- 17.05.2017Armenian army opened fire at Azerbaijani settlements: MoD
- 17.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 16.05.2017Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff to attend NATO meeting
- 16.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 13.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 140 times
- 12.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.05.2017MoD: Vehicle allegedly belonging to Armenian TV company opens fire at Azerbaijani army positions, gets retaliated against
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani defense industry enterprises, Turkey’s ASELSAN sign 4 memos
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan test-fires Shimshak combat module
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan soon to start exporting Yalguzag sniper rifles
- 11.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 10.05.2017Minister: Azerbaijan to begin producing UAVs with both reconnaissance and assault capabilities - INTERVIEW
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijan rejects 'Mossad role' in exposing group involved in conspiracy with Armenians
- 10.05.2017New aircraft presented for Azerbaijani Air Force
- 10.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.05.2017Azerbaijani Defense Minister attending IDEF-2017
- 09.05.2017Russia holds Victory Day military parade
- 09.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 111 times
- 08.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2017Armenia's provocation plan timely elicited in Tartar direction - Azerbaijani MoD
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey finish joint military drills
- 05.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian high-ranking military officials observe Azerbaijani-Turkish joint exercises
- 04.05.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 04.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 03.05.2017New military equipment delivered to Azerbaijan was adopted to the armament
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey armies carry out combat maneuvers
- 06.11.2014Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 22 times throughout the day
- 06.11.2014Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov receives Turkish Special Forces Commander
- 07.11.2014Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 33 times throughout the day
- 05.11.2014Turkish Special Forces Commander on visit to Azerbaijan
- 05.11.2014Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 17 times throughout the day
- 04.11.2014Azerbaijani Naval Forces undergoing combat readiness exercises - PHOTOSESSION
Top news of the day