Zakir Hasanov: Azerbaijani state obliged to resolve conflict by military means - PHOTOSESSION
“Having suffered heave losses, the enemy understood that Azerbaijan has a real military power”
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. Next graduation ceremony for the young officers, who have successfully completed the Reserve Officer course and given the military rank of lieutenant under the order of the defense minister, has been held today at the Military Education and Training Center of the Armed Forces.
Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov has met with the graduates, first congratulating them on obtaining their first officer ranks, APA reports. He then spoke about the latest reforms carried out in the army, important events held in the military education system, and a number of priority issues on the combat, technical and psychological readiness of the Armed Forces’ personnel: “This significant day will linger on your minds throughout your life for today you’re laying the foundation of a very crucial stage in your life; You’re greatly contributing to the strengthening of the defense capability of our homeland by your promotion to officer positions”.
The minister noted that every single serviceman must comprehend the motto “Serving our homeland, people and state is the meaning of our life”, live with this ambition and serve with honesty. The minister mentioned 20 percent of our lands have been under occupation since years ago, stressing that the main responsibility for the resolution of this problem is upon the Armed Forces’ personnel: “Our country has for years spared no efforts to resolve the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict of Nagorno-Karabakh. Unfortunately, with their double standards, officials of some influential states and international organizations turn a blind eye to the occupation of our lands, recognized within the international law, instead of exerting pressure on Armenia. In this case, Azerbaijan is obliged to resolve the conflict by military means and liberate its lands from occupation by using military force”.
Recalling the tense situation on the front line in July-August of this year, Hasanov noted that the reforms carried out by the country’s leadership on military buildup have irritated Azerbaijan’s enemies.
“Such events have once again proved that our army has necessary military power. Having suffered heave losses, the enemy understood that Azerbaijan has a real military power,” he said.
Addressing the young officers, the minister noted that every Azerbaijani officer should be an example for his military staff.
“Your main duty is to bring up the soldier in your obedience in the spirit of devotion to the country and state. You should use all effective tools in the preparation of patriot warriors, providing them with high fighting spirit. Do not forget that it’s the soldiers that control the most modern equipment and weapons. So our soldiers should be raised in a spirit of high moral values,” he added.
- 23.07.2017Russian warships arrive in Baku - VIDEO
- 22.07.2017Iranian and Kazakh warships arrive in Baku
- 22.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 132 times
- 21.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 19.07.2017OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops passes without incidents
- 19.07.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat readiness of personnel in Navy Training Complex
- 18.07.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 18.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times
- 17.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 127 times in 24 hours
- 15.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 114 times in 24 hours
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan opens Center for Maintenance and Repair of Communication Means for Armed Forces
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan considers purchasing more weapons from Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan says it’s studying Russia’s experience in Syria operations
- 13.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 12.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army capable of destroying any target in occupied lands
- 12.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017Special medal established in honor of Azerbaijani Army’s 100th anniversary
- 11.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 133 times
- 10.07.2017Defense Ministry: Reports of death of Azerbaijani military serviceman nothing but ‘lie’
- 10.07.2017Russia delivers new batch of military equipment and ammunition to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijani Defense Minister inspects combat readiness of front line units and formations
- 08.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars, howitzers
- 08.07.2017Chief of General Staff of the Armed Forces attended the Defense Conference
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani army strikes Armenian combat-ready units - VIDEO
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani army strikes leave 3 Armenian soldiers wounded - Armenian sources
- 07.07.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.07.2017Azerbaijan provides evidence for lack of firing points in Alkhanli village
- 06.07.2017Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff leaves for New York
- 06.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 142 times in 24 hours
- 05.07.2017A group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 05.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 130 times
- 04.07.2017Grandmother and her granddaughter killed as Armenian Armed Forces shelling Alkhanly village of Fuzuli region of Azerbaijan
- 04.07.2017DM: Armenian armed forces shelled Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan's Fuzuli district, a woman and a 2-year-old girl were killed - UPDATED
- 04.07.2017No incident during OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 04.07.2017Air Defense units performing tactical live-fire exercises in Nakhchivan
- 06.11.2014Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 22 times throughout the day
- 06.11.2014Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov receives Turkish Special Forces Commander
- 07.11.2014Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 33 times throughout the day
- 05.11.2014Turkish Special Forces Commander on visit to Azerbaijan
- 05.11.2014Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 17 times throughout the day
- 04.11.2014Azerbaijani Naval Forces undergoing combat readiness exercises - PHOTOSESSION
Top news of the day