Azerbaijani, Georgia and Turkey mull prospects for military co-op - UPDATED
A trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Georgian and Turkish defense ministers – Zakir Hasanov, Levan Izoria and Fikri Isik, respectively – was held in the Georgian city of Batumi on May 23.
During the meeting the ministers discussed the military and political situation in the region, the prospects for tripartite military cooperation and regional security issues, Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry reported.
Noting the negative impact of international terrorism and aggressive separatism on peace, stability and development in the region, the sides stressed the need for joint actions to confront threats directed against the security of states.
The ministers further exchanged views on the prospects for cooperation in the field of military education and military medicine, as well as the holding of joint military exercises and a number of issues of mutual interest.
After signing a joint protocol, the sides held a joint press conference.
A trilateral meeting of the defense ministers of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey kicked off in Batumi May 23.
Georgian Defense Minister Levan Izoria fist of all extended his condolence to the families of those killed in the terrorist attack in Manchester, noting that Georgia resolutely condemns terror.
Turkish Defense Minister Fikri Isık, in turn, mentioned that his country also struggles against terror.
Azerbaijani Defense Minister Colonel General Zakir Hasanov, condemning the terrorist attack in Manchester, said that the Azerbaijani government takes a tough stance against terrorism.
He noted that the killing of civilians in terrorist attacks poses a threat to stability, international cooperation, and peace. Hasanov stressed the need for a joint fight against terrorism.
The meeting is focusing on prospects of military cooperation between Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey, regional security, protection of projects being implemented in the region, etc.
- 18.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 17.10.2017Foreign military attachés visit Azerbaijani Air Force Base
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian Armed Forces sign joint protocol
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish and Georgian Armed Forces hold meeting in Tbilisi - UPDATED
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s successful military ops in April 2016 highlighted at Tbilisi meeting
- 17.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss military cooperation
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian Armed Forces to hold meeting
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan-Georgia military cooperation discussed in Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov meets Chief of Georgian General Staff
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister embarks on visit to Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish Armed Forces to meet in Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Field firings carried out from “Buk-MB” anti-aircraft missile systems - VIDEO
- 14.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 13.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017U.S. considers Azerbaijan key partner in fight against terrorism: Pentagon
- 12.10.2017Rocket, artillery formations of Azerbaijani Army stage live-fire drills - VİDEO
- 12.10.2017Zakir Hasanov attends meeting of CIS Defense Ministers Council
- 12.10.2017Tajik president meets with defense ministers of CIS member states
- 12.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017OSCE to monitor border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister gets acquainted with Belarusian-made military hardware
- 10.10.2017Zakir Hasanov meets with State Secretary of Belarusian Security Council
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 10.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017Prospects of Belarus-Azerbaijan military, technical cooperation discussed in Minsk
- 09.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister familiarizes with military equipment produced by Belarusian defense industry
- 08.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister starts official visit to Belarus
- 07.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 90 times
- 06.10.2017Zakir Hasanov to visit Belarus
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani Navy sailors start visit to Iran
- 06.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 104 times
- 05.10.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss expanding military education co-op
- 04.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 94 times
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani Navy warships depart for Iran on friendly visit
- 03.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish special forces to hold joint drills
- 24.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 24.05.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 23.05.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish defense ministers to meet in Batumi
- 22.05.2017Georgian PM meets Azerbaijani defense minister