Azerbaijani, Georgia and Turkey mull prospects for military co-op - UPDATED
A trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Georgian and Turkish defense ministers – Zakir Hasanov, Levan Izoria and Fikri Isik, respectively – was held in the Georgian city of Batumi on May 23.
During the meeting the ministers discussed the military and political situation in the region, the prospects for tripartite military cooperation and regional security issues, Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry reported.
Noting the negative impact of international terrorism and aggressive separatism on peace, stability and development in the region, the sides stressed the need for joint actions to confront threats directed against the security of states.
The ministers further exchanged views on the prospects for cooperation in the field of military education and military medicine, as well as the holding of joint military exercises and a number of issues of mutual interest.
After signing a joint protocol, the sides held a joint press conference.
A trilateral meeting of the defense ministers of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey kicked off in Batumi May 23.
Georgian Defense Minister Levan Izoria fist of all extended his condolence to the families of those killed in the terrorist attack in Manchester, noting that Georgia resolutely condemns terror.
Turkish Defense Minister Fikri Isık, in turn, mentioned that his country also struggles against terror.
Azerbaijani Defense Minister Colonel General Zakir Hasanov, condemning the terrorist attack in Manchester, said that the Azerbaijani government takes a tough stance against terrorism.
He noted that the killing of civilians in terrorist attacks poses a threat to stability, international cooperation, and peace. Hasanov stressed the need for a joint fight against terrorism.
The meeting is focusing on prospects of military cooperation between Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey, regional security, protection of projects being implemented in the region, etc.
- 26.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit China
- 25.04.2018OSCE monitors border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 24.04.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement regarding current situation in Armenia
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani MoD: Appropriate measures to be taken against Armenian provocations
- 23.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 93 times
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Some countries imposed unfounded restrictions on arms sale to Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Smuggling of nuclear components from Armenia continues
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov meets with top NATO general
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan’s rocket and artillery units conduct tactical exercises - VİDEO
- 19.04.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 18.04.2018Shrapnel could not be extracted from body of Azerbaijani civilian wounded in Armenian shelling, says surgeon - UPDATED
- 18.04.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 17.04.2018Baku hosts course as part of NATO Operational Capabilities Concept Program
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani army downs Armenian drone
- 17.04.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 17.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.04.2018Military units of the armed forces of Armenia violated ceasefire 87 times
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani MoD dismisses reports on alleged shelling of Armenian civilian truck
- 12.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 11.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.04.2018US National Defense University delegation arrives in Baku
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement
- 09.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Any possible provocations by enemy on eve of elections to be prevented
- 07.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 102 times
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards detain 1,344 wanted people since early 2018
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "Strengthening the military potential of our country is one of the main priorities"
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijan, Iran mull military cooperation
- 04.04.201825 shells found in Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018U.S. ground troop experts launch seminar in Baku
- 03.04.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend Moscow Int’l Security Conference
- 03.04.2018ANAMA disarms 1,541 UXOs, 1 anti-tank mine in March
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijan’s rocket and artillery units conduct live-fire stage of drills - VIDEO
- 02.04.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund revealed
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish special forces to hold joint drills
- 24.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 24.05.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 23.05.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish defense ministers to meet in Batumi
- 22.05.2017Georgian PM meets Azerbaijani defense minister