Azerbaijani, Georgia and Turkey mull prospects for military co-op - UPDATED
A trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Georgian and Turkish defense ministers – Zakir Hasanov, Levan Izoria and Fikri Isik, respectively – was held in the Georgian city of Batumi on May 23.
During the meeting the ministers discussed the military and political situation in the region, the prospects for tripartite military cooperation and regional security issues, Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry reported.
Noting the negative impact of international terrorism and aggressive separatism on peace, stability and development in the region, the sides stressed the need for joint actions to confront threats directed against the security of states.
The ministers further exchanged views on the prospects for cooperation in the field of military education and military medicine, as well as the holding of joint military exercises and a number of issues of mutual interest.
After signing a joint protocol, the sides held a joint press conference.
A trilateral meeting of the defense ministers of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey kicked off in Batumi May 23.
Georgian Defense Minister Levan Izoria fist of all extended his condolence to the families of those killed in the terrorist attack in Manchester, noting that Georgia resolutely condemns terror.
Turkish Defense Minister Fikri Isık, in turn, mentioned that his country also struggles against terror.
Azerbaijani Defense Minister Colonel General Zakir Hasanov, condemning the terrorist attack in Manchester, said that the Azerbaijani government takes a tough stance against terrorism.
He noted that the killing of civilians in terrorist attacks poses a threat to stability, international cooperation, and peace. Hasanov stressed the need for a joint fight against terrorism.
The meeting is focusing on prospects of military cooperation between Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey, regional security, protection of projects being implemented in the region, etc.
- 13.12.2017Notion of Armed Forces specified in accord with Constitution
- 13.12.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 13.12.2017Armenia 136 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 12.12.2017Baku hosts meeting of Azerbaijan-Russia intergovernmental commission for military-technical co-op
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijani Armed Forces to be given new duties
- 12.12.2017OSCE to monitor border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 12.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.12.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan, Italy discuss military-technical cooperation
- 07.12.2017Protocol signed at 10th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue
- 07.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 155 times
- 06.12.2017NATO Mobile Training Team holds training course in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss expanding military co-op
- 06.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Artillery shell found in center of Beylagan city
- 05.12.2017Baku hosts 10th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue
- 05.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times
- 05.12.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan becomes full member of International Committee of Military Medicine
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan plans to increase number of peacekeepers in Afghanistan next year
- 04.12.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue meeting
- 04.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 01.12.2017Tanks units of Azerbaijani army conduct live-fire training
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament adopts revised bill on Armed Forces
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish air forces discuss expansion of cooperation
- 01.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund rise
- 30.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 127 times
- 29.11.2017Turkish Air Force commander arrives in Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat readiness of rocket and artillery units on frontline
- 29.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views military unit in Tartar district
- 28.11.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 28.11.2017Cadets of Azerbaijan High Military School start field exit
- 28.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 27.11.2017Defense Ministry leadership attend opening of new residential complex for officers
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish special forces to hold joint drills
- 24.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 24.05.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 23.05.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish defense ministers to meet in Batumi
- 22.05.2017Georgian PM meets Azerbaijani defense minister