Azerbaijani, Georgia and Turkey mull prospects for military co-op - UPDATED
A trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Georgian and Turkish defense ministers – Zakir Hasanov, Levan Izoria and Fikri Isik, respectively – was held in the Georgian city of Batumi on May 23.
During the meeting the ministers discussed the military and political situation in the region, the prospects for tripartite military cooperation and regional security issues, Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry reported.
Noting the negative impact of international terrorism and aggressive separatism on peace, stability and development in the region, the sides stressed the need for joint actions to confront threats directed against the security of states.
The ministers further exchanged views on the prospects for cooperation in the field of military education and military medicine, as well as the holding of joint military exercises and a number of issues of mutual interest.
After signing a joint protocol, the sides held a joint press conference.
A trilateral meeting of the defense ministers of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey kicked off in Batumi May 23.
Georgian Defense Minister Levan Izoria fist of all extended his condolence to the families of those killed in the terrorist attack in Manchester, noting that Georgia resolutely condemns terror.
Turkish Defense Minister Fikri Isık, in turn, mentioned that his country also struggles against terror.
Azerbaijani Defense Minister Colonel General Zakir Hasanov, condemning the terrorist attack in Manchester, said that the Azerbaijani government takes a tough stance against terrorism.
He noted that the killing of civilians in terrorist attacks poses a threat to stability, international cooperation, and peace. Hasanov stressed the need for a joint fight against terrorism.
The meeting is focusing on prospects of military cooperation between Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey, regional security, protection of projects being implemented in the region, etc.
- 23.06.2018Defense Ministry: Azerbaijani Army is in full control of operational situation along contact line
- 23.06.2018Turkish aircraft arrive in Azerbaijan to participate in festive events
- 23.06.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 22.06.2018Military balance between Azerbaijan, Armenia changed in Baku’s favor – defense minister
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani army held over 20 tactical exercises in 2017, defense minister says
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan’s engineering troops launch special tactical exercise
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani Armed Forces Day marked in London
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani Air Force continues preparation for upcoming military parade
- 22.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani MoD: Artsrun Hovhannisyan continues to surprise people with his stupid comments
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani SBS issues statement on border shootout, wounded soldier awarded medal - UPDATED
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani army liberates strategic heights, controls winery in Nakhchivan - VİDEO
- 21.06.2018OSCE permanent representatives arrive in Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 125 times
- 20.06.2018Turkish servicemen arrive in Azerbaijan to participate in festive events
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani army conducts field exercises - PHOTOSESSION
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani defense minister calls on media to be sensitive while reporting solider deaths
- 20.06.2018Zakir Hasanov: Supreme Commander-in-Chief diplomatically brought down Sargsyan gov’t, without using weaponry
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani state meets all needs of army, says defense minister
- 20.06.2018Defense minister: Azerbaijani army now controls road to Lachin
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani army owns most advanced missile, artillery systems: defense minister
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani army fully ready and able to fulfill any command – defense minister
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MoD releases video about liberation of Gunnut village - VİDEO
- 20.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters continue flights over Baku in preparation for parade
- 19.06.2018Minister of Defense participates in opening of military unit of Rocket and Artillery Troops in frontline zone
- 19.06.2018Next tactical UAV belonging to Armenia destroyed
- 19.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 95 times
- 18.06.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.06.2018Azerbaijan’s defense minister: Our army must always be ready to suppress provocation of enemy
- 16.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijani Army Corps exercises successfully completed
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters continue flights over Baku in preparation for parade
- 15.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 94 times
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani military conducts practical firing from DANA self-propelled artillery systems
- 14.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani army’s rocket, artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VİDEO
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan’s IFV crews improve combat skills
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters conduct flights over Baku in preparation for parade - UPDATED
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia sign agreement on activities of border commissioners
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish special forces to hold joint drills
- 24.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 24.05.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 23.05.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish defense ministers to meet in Batumi
- 22.05.2017Georgian PM meets Azerbaijani defense minister