Azerbaijani, Georgia and Turkey mull prospects for military co-op - UPDATED
A trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Georgian and Turkish defense ministers – Zakir Hasanov, Levan Izoria and Fikri Isik, respectively – was held in the Georgian city of Batumi on May 23.
During the meeting the ministers discussed the military and political situation in the region, the prospects for tripartite military cooperation and regional security issues, Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry reported.
Noting the negative impact of international terrorism and aggressive separatism on peace, stability and development in the region, the sides stressed the need for joint actions to confront threats directed against the security of states.
The ministers further exchanged views on the prospects for cooperation in the field of military education and military medicine, as well as the holding of joint military exercises and a number of issues of mutual interest.
After signing a joint protocol, the sides held a joint press conference.
A trilateral meeting of the defense ministers of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey kicked off in Batumi May 23.
Georgian Defense Minister Levan Izoria fist of all extended his condolence to the families of those killed in the terrorist attack in Manchester, noting that Georgia resolutely condemns terror.
Turkish Defense Minister Fikri Isık, in turn, mentioned that his country also struggles against terror.
Azerbaijani Defense Minister Colonel General Zakir Hasanov, condemning the terrorist attack in Manchester, said that the Azerbaijani government takes a tough stance against terrorism.
He noted that the killing of civilians in terrorist attacks poses a threat to stability, international cooperation, and peace. Hasanov stressed the need for a joint fight against terrorism.
The meeting is focusing on prospects of military cooperation between Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey, regional security, protection of projects being implemented in the region, etc.
- 24.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Minsk
- 22.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani army intercepts Armenian quadcopter
- 21.02.2018Iran ready to help Azerbaijan increase its military power – defense minister
- 21.02.2018OSCE monitors border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 21.02.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk meets with head of Gazakh district executive authority
- 21.02.2018Iran's defense minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 135 times
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Belarus
- 20.02.2018OSCE expected to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 20.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Iran's defense minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ex-military official does not rule out ‘Armenian involvement’ in assassination attempt on Israeli defense minister
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan, UK ink military cooperation plan
- 16.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 123
- 15.02.2018Five artillery shells detected in Sumgayit
- 15.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 129 times
- 13.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018NATO training course underway in Baku
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents another border provocation by Armenia - VIDEO
- 12.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2018Tasks set by Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief brought to attention of army’s command staff
- 10.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 09.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia to develop cooperation in defense industry
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s military policy has proved successful
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan accepts into armament new military equipment delivered by Russia
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents Armenian provocation, one enemy soldier killed
- 08.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan's rocket and artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VIDEO
- 07.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 121 times
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia mull prospects for development of military co-op
- 06.02.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 06.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Ramaldanov: Armenia has just been given ‘Kornet-E’ missile complexes, while Azerbaijan has had them for 10 years
- 05.02.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish special forces to hold joint drills
- 24.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 24.05.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 23.05.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish defense ministers to meet in Batumi
- 22.05.2017Georgian PM meets Azerbaijani defense minister