Representatives of Georgian Air Force watch "TurAz Qartalı 2017" exercises
The joint flight-tactical exercises "TurAz Qartalı 2017" of the Air Forces of Azerbaijan and Turkey are continuing.
Up to 30 aircraft are involved in the exercises. They include MiG-29, F-16, Su-25, C-130 Hercules, A-400M, CASA CN-235 jets, and Mi-35, Mi-17, Sikorsky S-70 helicopters, APA’s Karabakh bureau reported.
Colonel Faig Aliyev, the senior navigator of the Azerbaijani Air Force, said the exercises are aimed at testing both air forces’ skills of interacting and coordinating joint operations, carrying out joint air combat operations such as attacking land targets and counteracting against air defense systems, identifying flight zones, runway strips, analysis the navigation and conditions at airbases.
More than 170 people from the Turkish Air Force took part in the exercise. Today, as part of the exercise, the combat aircraft F-16, MiG-29 and Su-25 took off to destroy the conditional enemy. Also, the F-16 and MiG-29 together carried out conditional combat operations at long, medium and short distances.
Azerbaijani pilots flew Turkish planes, and Turkish pilots flew Azerbaijani planes.
Representatives of the Georgian Air Force also arrived in Azerbaijan to watch the exercises and to discuss Georgia’s participation in future exercises.
The exercises were also watched by schoolchildren from Mingachevir who were present at the airport.
The joint tactical exercises will last until September 30.
- 20.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.01.2018New law on Armed Forces of Azerbaijan enters into force
- 19.01.2018Russia delivers modern military equipment to Azerbaijan - VIDEO
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani serviceman martyred in shootout with Armenian army
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan plans to start manufacturing 136 more types of defense products
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan plans to commission two more military factors
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan launches serial production of F-1 hand grenades
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan doubles exports of defense products
- 19.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.01.2018Armenia attempts blame for its non-combat losses on Azerbaijan – Defense Ministry
- 18.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 17.01.2018Next meeting of Azerbaijani-Pakistani working groups kicks off in Baku
- 17.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.01.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff to attend NATO meeting
- 15.01.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 15.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 10.01.2018Azerbaijani Army to strengthen further, President Aliyev says - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijan increases peacekeeping contingent in Afghanistan
- 09.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani defense minister holds consultation
- 06.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry, Military Prosecutor’s Office sign joint action plan
- 05.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.01.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund jump up
- 04.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 30.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat capability of armored vehicles on frontline
- 27.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 26.12.2017Defense minister checks state of combat readiness of units in frontline zone
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates newly-built soldiers’ barrack on forward defense line
- 26.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 132 times
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan’s defense minister meets Italian ambassador
- 26.09.2017Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov meets NATO Secretary General's special representative
- 26.09.2017Turkish defense minister due in Azerbaijan for closing ceremony of “Turaz Qartali 2017” drills
- 26.09.2017US allocates $30 mln for demining operations in Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 152 times
- 25.09.2017Turkish defense minister to visit Azerbaijan