Remarks by Supreme Commander-in-Chief at UN are order for Azerbaijani army – defense minister
The leadership of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense held a meeting on Thursday to discuss the combat and moral-psychological training of personnel on the frontline and the results of the recent large-scale exercises.
Minister Hasanov delivered a report on the results of combat activities of the Armed Forces during winter training period of 2017.
Summing up the results of the large-scale exercises, the minister emphasized that all the goals and tasks set in the exercised held in line with the plan approved by President of Azerbaijan, Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev were successfully achieved and fulfilled.
He highly appreciated the combativeness and moral-psychological training of military personnel, stressing the importance of the recent exercises. Hasanov briefed on the relevant tasks assigned by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.
The minister then drew the participants’ attention to the speech by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev at the 72nd session of the UN General Assembly in which he touched upon the war crime committed by the Armenian army in last year’s April and the liberation of part of territory as a result of a successful counterattack of the Azerbaijani army.
Hasanov noted that the remarks voiced at the UN by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are a task for the army and a direct order for all the military personnel.
“The Armed Forces of Azerbaijan are provided with the most modern and high-quality weapons and equipment. This is the highest attention paid to the army by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief,” he said.
Touching upon the current situation in the frontline zone, the defense minister gave specific instructions to the commanders of the formations, stationed on the frontline, to be constantly ready for the most active battles, not to give a moment of respite to the enemy, to keep under constant control enemy's activities, to preempt and decisively suppress any enemy actions with causing him the most serious losses.
- 17.03.2018Personnel, military equipment involved in Azerbaijan’s large-scale drills return to places of permanent deployment - VİDEO
- 17.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Defense Minister: Large-scale drills prove Azerbaijani army has high level of operational and combat readiness
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani defense minister visits new helicopter military unit in frontline zone - VİDEO
- 16.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani army holds live-fire stage of large-scale drills - VIDEO
- 15.03.201812 missiles found in Aghstafa
- 15.03.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 15.03.2018Armenia continues military drills in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2018Rocket, artillery troops of Azerbaijani army deployed to firing positions - VIDEO
- 14.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018Actions taken on terrain board in course of military drills in Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018Terrain reconnaissance conducted during Azerbaijani army’s drills - VİDEO
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijan’s tank units involved in large-scale drills
- 13.03.2018Troops redeployed at night during Azerbaijani Army exercises
- 13.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani troops involved in large-scale exercises moving to operational areas - VIDEO
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan army starts large-scale exercises
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Service for Mobilization and Conscription
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Migration Service
- 09.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of servicemen of Special State Protection Service
- 09.03.2018Shamsaddin Heydarov awarded “Honored Doctor” title
- 09.03.2018Tofig Huseynov promoted to Major General
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia ink military co-op plan for 2018
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president receives Georgian defense minister - UPDATED
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold large-scale military drills involving 25,000 personnel
- 09.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Open Doors Day will be held on March 20
- 08.03.2018U.S. European Command held a seminar in Baku
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of servicemen of State Border Service
- 07.03.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 07.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 93 times
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 06.03.2018Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov visits military units on front line
- 06.03.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 05.03.2018ANAMA disarms 1,437 UXOs, 1 anti-tank mine in February
- 05.03.2018Azerbaijani president increases salaries of military servants and non-civil servants
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new education block of Special School of State Border Service
- 05.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister attends opening of field command post park
- 22.09.2017Russian warships leave Baku port
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani army holds live-fire stage of large-scale drills
- 21.09.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss military-technical cooperation