Remarks by Supreme Commander-in-Chief at UN are order for Azerbaijani army – defense minister
The leadership of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense held a meeting on Thursday to discuss the combat and moral-psychological training of personnel on the frontline and the results of the recent large-scale exercises.
Minister Hasanov delivered a report on the results of combat activities of the Armed Forces during winter training period of 2017.
Summing up the results of the large-scale exercises, the minister emphasized that all the goals and tasks set in the exercised held in line with the plan approved by President of Azerbaijan, Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev were successfully achieved and fulfilled.
He highly appreciated the combativeness and moral-psychological training of military personnel, stressing the importance of the recent exercises. Hasanov briefed on the relevant tasks assigned by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.
The minister then drew the participants’ attention to the speech by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev at the 72nd session of the UN General Assembly in which he touched upon the war crime committed by the Armenian army in last year’s April and the liberation of part of territory as a result of a successful counterattack of the Azerbaijani army.
Hasanov noted that the remarks voiced at the UN by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are a task for the army and a direct order for all the military personnel.
“The Armed Forces of Azerbaijan are provided with the most modern and high-quality weapons and equipment. This is the highest attention paid to the army by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief,” he said.
Touching upon the current situation in the frontline zone, the defense minister gave specific instructions to the commanders of the formations, stationed on the frontline, to be constantly ready for the most active battles, not to give a moment of respite to the enemy, to keep under constant control enemy's activities, to preempt and decisively suppress any enemy actions with causing him the most serious losses.
- 17.12.2017We are going to implement projects with Turkey and several other countries, Azerbaijani defense industry minister
- 16.12.2017Defense Ministry holds extended collegium meeting on annual results
- 15.12.2017Training held with participation of command staff of Azerbaijani Armed Forces
- 15.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Notion of Armed Forces specified in accord with Constitution
- 13.12.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 13.12.2017Armenia 136 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 12.12.2017Baku hosts meeting of Azerbaijan-Russia intergovernmental commission for military-technical co-op
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijani Armed Forces to be given new duties
- 12.12.2017OSCE to monitor border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 12.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.12.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan, Italy discuss military-technical cooperation
- 07.12.2017Protocol signed at 10th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue
- 07.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 155 times
- 06.12.2017NATO Mobile Training Team holds training course in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss expanding military co-op
- 06.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Artillery shell found in center of Beylagan city
- 05.12.2017Baku hosts 10th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue
- 05.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times
- 05.12.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan becomes full member of International Committee of Military Medicine
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan plans to increase number of peacekeepers in Afghanistan next year
- 04.12.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue meeting
- 04.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 01.12.2017Tanks units of Azerbaijani army conduct live-fire training
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament adopts revised bill on Armed Forces
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish air forces discuss expansion of cooperation
- 01.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund rise
- 30.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 127 times
- 29.11.2017Turkish Air Force commander arrives in Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat readiness of rocket and artillery units on frontline
- 29.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister attends opening of field command post park
- 22.09.2017Russian warships leave Baku port
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani army holds live-fire stage of large-scale drills
- 21.09.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss military-technical cooperation