Remarks by Supreme Commander-in-Chief at UN are order for Azerbaijani army – defense minister
The leadership of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense held a meeting on Thursday to discuss the combat and moral-psychological training of personnel on the frontline and the results of the recent large-scale exercises.
Minister Hasanov delivered a report on the results of combat activities of the Armed Forces during winter training period of 2017.
Summing up the results of the large-scale exercises, the minister emphasized that all the goals and tasks set in the exercised held in line with the plan approved by President of Azerbaijan, Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev were successfully achieved and fulfilled.
He highly appreciated the combativeness and moral-psychological training of military personnel, stressing the importance of the recent exercises. Hasanov briefed on the relevant tasks assigned by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.
The minister then drew the participants’ attention to the speech by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev at the 72nd session of the UN General Assembly in which he touched upon the war crime committed by the Armenian army in last year’s April and the liberation of part of territory as a result of a successful counterattack of the Azerbaijani army.
Hasanov noted that the remarks voiced at the UN by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are a task for the army and a direct order for all the military personnel.
“The Armed Forces of Azerbaijan are provided with the most modern and high-quality weapons and equipment. This is the highest attention paid to the army by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief,” he said.
Touching upon the current situation in the frontline zone, the defense minister gave specific instructions to the commanders of the formations, stationed on the frontline, to be constantly ready for the most active battles, not to give a moment of respite to the enemy, to keep under constant control enemy's activities, to preempt and decisively suppress any enemy actions with causing him the most serious losses.
- 18.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 17.10.2017Foreign military attachés visit Azerbaijani Air Force Base
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian Armed Forces sign joint protocol
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish and Georgian Armed Forces hold meeting in Tbilisi - UPDATED
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s successful military ops in April 2016 highlighted at Tbilisi meeting
- 17.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss military cooperation
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian Armed Forces to hold meeting
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan-Georgia military cooperation discussed in Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov meets Chief of Georgian General Staff
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister embarks on visit to Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish Armed Forces to meet in Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Field firings carried out from “Buk-MB” anti-aircraft missile systems - VIDEO
- 14.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 13.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017U.S. considers Azerbaijan key partner in fight against terrorism: Pentagon
- 12.10.2017Rocket, artillery formations of Azerbaijani Army stage live-fire drills - VİDEO
- 12.10.2017Zakir Hasanov attends meeting of CIS Defense Ministers Council
- 12.10.2017Tajik president meets with defense ministers of CIS member states
- 12.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017OSCE to monitor border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister gets acquainted with Belarusian-made military hardware
- 10.10.2017Zakir Hasanov meets with State Secretary of Belarusian Security Council
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 10.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017Prospects of Belarus-Azerbaijan military, technical cooperation discussed in Minsk
- 09.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister familiarizes with military equipment produced by Belarusian defense industry
- 08.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister starts official visit to Belarus
- 07.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 90 times
- 06.10.2017Zakir Hasanov to visit Belarus
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani Navy sailors start visit to Iran
- 06.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 104 times
- 05.10.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss expanding military education co-op
- 04.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 94 times
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani Navy warships depart for Iran on friendly visit
- 03.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister attends opening of field command post park
- 22.09.2017Russian warships leave Baku port
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani army holds live-fire stage of large-scale drills
- 21.09.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss military-technical cooperation