Ramaldanov: Armenia has just been given ‘Kornet-E’ missile complexes, while Azerbaijan has had them for 10 years
"Armenia’s acquisition of Russian “Cornet-E” anti-tank missile complexes can not have any impact on the military balance in the region, military expert, retired colonel Shair Ramaldanov said commenting on Armenian media reports about the country’s purchase of "Kornet-E" anti-tank missile complexes.
According to him, this information itself is nothing new.
"By periodically spreading such information as new information, the Armenian side attempts to cover—and kind of justify—the illegal activities of their corrupted military leadership.
In the summer of 2015, a $ 200 million military loan from Russia has not yet been fully provided to Armenia. By taking such military loans, the Armenian government is only further worsening the economic crisis the country is going through, and as a result, the country’s industrial enterprises become dependent on Russia in order to get out of the situation.
It is interesting to note that every time the Azerbaijani army is reported to have bought new weapons, Armenian media also disseminate similar reports.
“Kornet-E” anti-tank missile complexes, produced in the 80s-90s of the last century, are now at the disposal of the Armenian Armed Forces but the Azerbaijan Armed Forces already had this type of weaponry 10 years ago and have repeatedly used them during exercises. I would even say that there are new modifications of this generation of weapons in the Azerbaijan Armed Forces. Our weapons are of superior quality and in larger quantities. From this point of view, “Kornet-E” complexes in Armenia are unlikely to have any influence on the region’s balance of power.
Under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev, a large amount of funds are being allocated to the Armed Forces today. Azerbaijan receives precision-guided and destructive weapons and ammunition, military equipment and combat vehicles from various states with extensive experience in the field of military industry. It is this factor that keeps the occupier state in fear. The enemy understands very well that sooner or later they will have to leave our lands. The sooner this happens, the more will it benefit the Armenian state and people," said Ramaldanov.
- 22.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 88 times
- 21.05.2018Baku: Armenian reports on alleged involvement of tactical, military aircraft in drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands ‘exaggerated’
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani serviceman killed in Armenian provocation laid to rest
- 21.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 102 times
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s economic growth, increasing military potential brought Armenia to collapse, says defense minister
- 18.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets heads of Turkish, Georgian military educational institutions
- 17.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Combines Arms Army stages live-fire drills in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views Combined Army Unit’s training and educational center, inaugurates newly built military hospital
- 16.05.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.05.2018Baku hosts meeting of chiefs of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian high military educational institutions
- 16.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 92 times
- 15.05.2018Baku hosts NATO Standing Group of Partner Logistics Experts meeting
- 15.05.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates several military facilities
- 14.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.05.2018Defense Minister: "Azerbaijan Army is fully prepared for large-scale combat operations"
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani army capable of performing most challenging tasks: presidential aide
- 11.05.2018Hand grenade and cartridges of various calibers found in Baku
- 11.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan Defense Minister visits "Efes-2018" Exercises Management Center
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan defense minister watches "Efes-2018" int’l exercises
- 10.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan’s high-ranking military officers pay tribute to national hero Albert Agarunov
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Turkey
- 08.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 07.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 04.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.05.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 03.05.2018Armenian army shells civilian truck in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
- 03.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.05.2018Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 02.05.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 02.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to visit Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 05.02.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 05.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times