New states to join TAKM
Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. The Organization of the Eurasian Law Enforcement Agencies with Military Status (TAKM) established by Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan and Mongolia in Baku on January 25 is expected to enlarge its geography through new countries in the near future. According to the information obtained by APA, the constituent documents signed by the TAKM members underline that the organization is open for all states interested in joining the organization.
Following the constituent meeting, the Gendarmerie General Command of Turkey underlined that TAKM has been established to enhance the cooperation between law-enforcement organizations with military status located in Eurasian region and represented in the organization and doesn’t stand against any state or organization.
FIEP model in Asia
TAKM has determined its mission on the basis of FIEP model - the Association of European and Mediterranean Gendarmeries and Law Enforcement Forces with Military Status. The Turkish Gendarmerie, one of the co-founders and leading forces of TAKM, joined FIEP in 1998.
The symbols of TAKM are a horse, which is an important cultural symbol of all its members, emphasizing the nomadic past of the ancestors of these populations and four stars symbolize these four states.
FIEP, permanent secretariat of the organization would be in Turkey, but TAKM secretariat and presidency will be rotating. The Supreme body of the organization is the Council of Commanders. The Turkish Gendarmerie will assume the presidency until May 2014.
The main function of TAKM is to coordinate the Interior Troops of the member states and Gendarmerie Commands, ensure integration, create coordination between the forces for strengthening fight against terrorism and challenges, assist reforms and carry out exchange of experience.
In this regard, it is planned to organize mutual visits, offer necessary assistances to the member states in the process of integration and develop common standards. Within TAKM the member states will provide assistance to one another in training personnel, holding trainings, exchanging experience, as well as technical assistances. Moreover, it is planned to hold trainings within TAKM jointly with the relevant units of the member organizations. The sides have reportedly reached an initial agreement on it, Azerbaijani military attaché in Turkey has been commissioned to sign a memorandum on joint training.
APA reports quoting the military sources, Kazakhstan, which missed the constituent meeting of TAKM, is expected to join the organization. Uzbekistan, Afghanistan and Georgia are also interested in TAKM.
According to the founders, TAKM, which is not a military bloc, is not against any organization or state and playing the role of coordinator, will unlikely meet serious obstacles in enlargement in Eurasia.
The leading power – Turkey
Turkey, one of the main founders and initiators of TAKM, is playing an important role in the military build-up of both the member states and the countries expected to enter the organization in the near future. Turkey’s role in the modernization of armed forces of the above-mentioned states has increased more since 2005. According to the reports of the international organizations and centers, post-Soviet countries intending to enter TAKM have recently given preference to the Turkish-made military products, weapons, military vehicles, communication devices, optical systems. Currently, Turkey is implementing joint programs in military and military industry spheres with Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan. In this regard, Turkey has provided $300 million military assistance to Azerbaijan. According to the protocol signed between Turkish Gendarmerie General Command and Azerbaijani Interior Ministry’s Internal Troops in 1997, Gendarmerie General Command provided assistance to the Internal Troops in various spheres - personnel training, technical provision, establishment of Gala Training Center. Currently, one of the advisors of the Internal Troops commander is the officer of Turkish Gendarmerie General Command. The Turkish officers continue serving at Gala Training Center and other agencies.
Turkey is also closely involved in the provision of Kyrgyzstan Armed Forces, including Internal Troops. Military vehicles were presented to Kyrgyzstan Armed Forces and Internal Troops in 2011. In 2010, Kyrgyzstan appealed for increasing the number of the officers studying at the educational institutions of Turkish Gendarmerie. Turkish officers are serving as advisors at Kyrgyzstan Internal Troops.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 19.07.2017OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops passes without incidents
- 19.07.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat readiness of personnel in Navy Training Complex
- 18.07.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 18.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times
- 17.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 127 times in 24 hours
- 15.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 114 times in 24 hours
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan opens Center for Maintenance and Repair of Communication Means for Armed Forces
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan considers purchasing more weapons from Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan says it’s studying Russia’s experience in Syria operations
- 13.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 12.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army capable of destroying any target in occupied lands
- 12.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017Special medal established in honor of Azerbaijani Army’s 100th anniversary
- 11.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 133 times
- 10.07.2017Defense Ministry: Reports of death of Azerbaijani military serviceman nothing but ‘lie’
- 10.07.2017Russia delivers new batch of military equipment and ammunition to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijani Defense Minister inspects combat readiness of front line units and formations
- 08.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars, howitzers
- 08.07.2017Chief of General Staff of the Armed Forces attended the Defense Conference
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani army strikes Armenian combat-ready units - VIDEO
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani army strikes leave 3 Armenian soldiers wounded - Armenian sources
- 07.07.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.07.2017Azerbaijan provides evidence for lack of firing points in Alkhanli village
- 06.07.2017Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff leaves for New York
- 06.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 142 times in 24 hours
- 05.07.2017A group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 05.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 130 times
- 04.07.2017Grandmother and her granddaughter killed as Armenian Armed Forces shelling Alkhanly village of Fuzuli region of Azerbaijan
- 04.07.2017DM: Armenian armed forces shelled Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan's Fuzuli district, a woman and a 2-year-old girl were killed - UPDATED
- 04.07.2017No incident during OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 04.07.2017Air Defense units performing tactical live-fire exercises in Nakhchivan
- 04.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 128 times
- 03.07.2017ANAMA concludes mine cleaning operations in Jojug Marjanli
- 03.07.2017ICRC representatives visit Armenian national detained by Azerbaijani authorities
- 03.07.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 20.02.2013Bulgarian Defense Minister postponed his visit to Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2013OSCE to conduct next monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani and Armenian troops
- 22.02.2013Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry: The situation on the frontline has become tense
- 20.02.2013Azerbaijani Defense Minister leaves for Brussels
- 20.02.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army in several directions
- 19.02.2013Azerbaijan builds multiple grenade launchers producing plant