Nearly 300 personnel to join “Sea Cup – 2017” in Baku
A press conference was held at the headquarters of Azerbaijan’s Military Naval Forces on Tuesday in connection with the international contest “Sea Cup – 2017”.
Captain 1st Rank Shahin Mammadov, the main referee of the contest, said that ship crews of the naval forces of Azerbaijan, Russia, and Kazakhstan will participate in the “Sea Cup – 2017” contest, which is to be held in Baku from August 1 to 11 within the “International Army Games – 2017” contest, APA reported.
According to Mammadov, representatives of the armed forces of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain will join the contest as observers.
Mammadov said that the “Sea Cup – 2017” contest will be held in 3 stages—performing artillery fire, fight for the durability of ships and rescue preparations, and marine preparations, noting that nearly 300 personnel will join the contest.
“Harbor bridges, training complexes and other centers are fully ready for the high level holding of the contest. The Defense Ministry has created all kinds of conditions for the contests to be held transparently and at a high level,” Mammadov said.
G-124 and G-122 guard ships of the Azerbaijani Navy, a small missile ship Grad Sviyazhsk and a rescue tugboat SB-45 of the Caspian Flotilla of the Russian Navy, missile boats Paykan and Joshan of the Iranian Navy, and the Kazakh rocket-artillery ships Kazakhstan, Sary-Arka and the hydrographic vessel Zhaik will participate in the contest.
It was stated that the opening ceremony of "Sea Cup-2017" will kick off at 18:30 (UTC +4) in front of the Clock Tower at the Baku Seaside Boulevard. The contest will come to a close on August 11.
Head of the Russian delegation, Captain 1st Rank Sergey Ekimov, said the Russian Navy is fully ready for "Sea Cup-2017".
Head of the Kazakh delegation, Captain 1st Rank Ermek Baygabulov, and head of the Iranian delegation, Captain 1st Rank Sayyid Mahmoud Amuzesh, said high-level preparatory works have been carried out for the contest.
At the end of the press conference, questions from journalists were answered.
The International Army Games 2017 will be held on July 29 — August 12 on the territory of Russia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan and China. Servicemen of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces are participating in the competitions "Tank Biathlon", "Field Kitchen", "Sniper line", "Masters of Artillery Fire" and “Sea cup 2017”.
- 14.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Notion of Armed Forces specified in accord with Constitution
- 13.12.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 13.12.2017Armenia 136 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 12.12.2017Baku hosts meeting of Azerbaijan-Russia intergovernmental commission for military-technical co-op
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijani Armed Forces to be given new duties
- 12.12.2017OSCE to monitor border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 12.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.12.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan, Italy discuss military-technical cooperation
- 07.12.2017Protocol signed at 10th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue
- 07.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 155 times
- 06.12.2017NATO Mobile Training Team holds training course in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss expanding military co-op
- 06.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Artillery shell found in center of Beylagan city
- 05.12.2017Baku hosts 10th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue
- 05.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times
- 05.12.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan becomes full member of International Committee of Military Medicine
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan plans to increase number of peacekeepers in Afghanistan next year
- 04.12.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue meeting
- 04.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 01.12.2017Tanks units of Azerbaijani army conduct live-fire training
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament adopts revised bill on Armed Forces
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish air forces discuss expansion of cooperation
- 01.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund rise
- 30.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 127 times
- 29.11.2017Turkish Air Force commander arrives in Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat readiness of rocket and artillery units on frontline
- 29.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views military unit in Tartar district
- 28.11.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 28.11.2017Cadets of Azerbaijan High Military School start field exit
- 28.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 01.08.2017President: Azerbaijan’s hosting “Sea Cup – 2017” proves its increasing prestige in the world
- 02.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 02.08.2017Artillery fire will be conducted on sea targets in "Sea Cup - 2017" contest
- 01.08.2017Solemn opening ceremony of "Masters of Artillery Fire" and "Sniper Frontier" contests held in Kazakhstan
- 01.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 01.08.2017Ceasefire violated by 4,065 times by Armenia last month