Nearly 300 personnel to join “Sea Cup – 2017” in Baku
A press conference was held at the headquarters of Azerbaijan’s Military Naval Forces on Tuesday in connection with the international contest “Sea Cup – 2017”.
Captain 1st Rank Shahin Mammadov, the main referee of the contest, said that ship crews of the naval forces of Azerbaijan, Russia, and Kazakhstan will participate in the “Sea Cup – 2017” contest, which is to be held in Baku from August 1 to 11 within the “International Army Games – 2017” contest, APA reported.
According to Mammadov, representatives of the armed forces of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain will join the contest as observers.
Mammadov said that the “Sea Cup – 2017” contest will be held in 3 stages—performing artillery fire, fight for the durability of ships and rescue preparations, and marine preparations, noting that nearly 300 personnel will join the contest.
“Harbor bridges, training complexes and other centers are fully ready for the high level holding of the contest. The Defense Ministry has created all kinds of conditions for the contests to be held transparently and at a high level,” Mammadov said.
G-124 and G-122 guard ships of the Azerbaijani Navy, a small missile ship Grad Sviyazhsk and a rescue tugboat SB-45 of the Caspian Flotilla of the Russian Navy, missile boats Paykan and Joshan of the Iranian Navy, and the Kazakh rocket-artillery ships Kazakhstan, Sary-Arka and the hydrographic vessel Zhaik will participate in the contest.
It was stated that the opening ceremony of "Sea Cup-2017" will kick off at 18:30 (UTC +4) in front of the Clock Tower at the Baku Seaside Boulevard. The contest will come to a close on August 11.
Head of the Russian delegation, Captain 1st Rank Sergey Ekimov, said the Russian Navy is fully ready for "Sea Cup-2017".
Head of the Kazakh delegation, Captain 1st Rank Ermek Baygabulov, and head of the Iranian delegation, Captain 1st Rank Sayyid Mahmoud Amuzesh, said high-level preparatory works have been carried out for the contest.
At the end of the press conference, questions from journalists were answered.
The International Army Games 2017 will be held on July 29 — August 12 on the territory of Russia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan and China. Servicemen of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces are participating in the competitions "Tank Biathlon", "Field Kitchen", "Sniper line", "Masters of Artillery Fire" and “Sea cup 2017”.
- 18.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 17.10.2017Foreign military attachés visit Azerbaijani Air Force Base
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian Armed Forces sign joint protocol
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish and Georgian Armed Forces hold meeting in Tbilisi - UPDATED
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s successful military ops in April 2016 highlighted at Tbilisi meeting
- 17.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss military cooperation
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian Armed Forces to hold meeting
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan-Georgia military cooperation discussed in Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov meets Chief of Georgian General Staff
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister embarks on visit to Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish Armed Forces to meet in Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Field firings carried out from “Buk-MB” anti-aircraft missile systems - VIDEO
- 14.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 13.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017U.S. considers Azerbaijan key partner in fight against terrorism: Pentagon
- 12.10.2017Rocket, artillery formations of Azerbaijani Army stage live-fire drills - VİDEO
- 12.10.2017Zakir Hasanov attends meeting of CIS Defense Ministers Council
- 12.10.2017Tajik president meets with defense ministers of CIS member states
- 12.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017OSCE to monitor border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister gets acquainted with Belarusian-made military hardware
- 10.10.2017Zakir Hasanov meets with State Secretary of Belarusian Security Council
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 10.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017Prospects of Belarus-Azerbaijan military, technical cooperation discussed in Minsk
- 09.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister familiarizes with military equipment produced by Belarusian defense industry
- 08.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister starts official visit to Belarus
- 07.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 90 times
- 06.10.2017Zakir Hasanov to visit Belarus
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani Navy sailors start visit to Iran
- 06.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 104 times
- 05.10.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss expanding military education co-op
- 04.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 94 times
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani Navy warships depart for Iran on friendly visit
- 03.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.08.2017President: Azerbaijan’s hosting “Sea Cup – 2017” proves its increasing prestige in the world
- 02.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 02.08.2017Artillery fire will be conducted on sea targets in "Sea Cup - 2017" contest
- 01.08.2017Solemn opening ceremony of "Masters of Artillery Fire" and "Sniper Frontier" contests held in Kazakhstan
- 01.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 01.08.2017Ceasefire violated by 4,065 times by Armenia last month