Nearly 300 personnel to join “Sea Cup – 2017” in Baku
A press conference was held at the headquarters of Azerbaijan’s Military Naval Forces on Tuesday in connection with the international contest “Sea Cup – 2017”.
Captain 1st Rank Shahin Mammadov, the main referee of the contest, said that ship crews of the naval forces of Azerbaijan, Russia, and Kazakhstan will participate in the “Sea Cup – 2017” contest, which is to be held in Baku from August 1 to 11 within the “International Army Games – 2017” contest, APA reported.
According to Mammadov, representatives of the armed forces of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain will join the contest as observers.
Mammadov said that the “Sea Cup – 2017” contest will be held in 3 stages—performing artillery fire, fight for the durability of ships and rescue preparations, and marine preparations, noting that nearly 300 personnel will join the contest.
“Harbor bridges, training complexes and other centers are fully ready for the high level holding of the contest. The Defense Ministry has created all kinds of conditions for the contests to be held transparently and at a high level,” Mammadov said.
G-124 and G-122 guard ships of the Azerbaijani Navy, a small missile ship Grad Sviyazhsk and a rescue tugboat SB-45 of the Caspian Flotilla of the Russian Navy, missile boats Paykan and Joshan of the Iranian Navy, and the Kazakh rocket-artillery ships Kazakhstan, Sary-Arka and the hydrographic vessel Zhaik will participate in the contest.
It was stated that the opening ceremony of "Sea Cup-2017" will kick off at 18:30 (UTC +4) in front of the Clock Tower at the Baku Seaside Boulevard. The contest will come to a close on August 11.
Head of the Russian delegation, Captain 1st Rank Sergey Ekimov, said the Russian Navy is fully ready for "Sea Cup-2017".
Head of the Kazakh delegation, Captain 1st Rank Ermek Baygabulov, and head of the Iranian delegation, Captain 1st Rank Sayyid Mahmoud Amuzesh, said high-level preparatory works have been carried out for the contest.
At the end of the press conference, questions from journalists were answered.
The International Army Games 2017 will be held on July 29 — August 12 on the territory of Russia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan and China. Servicemen of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces are participating in the competitions "Tank Biathlon", "Field Kitchen", "Sniper line", "Masters of Artillery Fire" and “Sea cup 2017”.
- 24.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Minsk
- 22.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani army intercepts Armenian quadcopter
- 21.02.2018Iran ready to help Azerbaijan increase its military power – defense minister
- 21.02.2018OSCE monitors border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 21.02.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk meets with head of Gazakh district executive authority
- 21.02.2018Iran's defense minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 135 times
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Belarus
- 20.02.2018OSCE expected to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 20.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Iran's defense minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ex-military official does not rule out ‘Armenian involvement’ in assassination attempt on Israeli defense minister
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan, UK ink military cooperation plan
- 16.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 123
- 15.02.2018Five artillery shells detected in Sumgayit
- 15.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 129 times
- 13.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018NATO training course underway in Baku
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents another border provocation by Armenia - VIDEO
- 12.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2018Tasks set by Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief brought to attention of army’s command staff
- 10.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 09.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia to develop cooperation in defense industry
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s military policy has proved successful
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan accepts into armament new military equipment delivered by Russia
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents Armenian provocation, one enemy soldier killed
- 08.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan's rocket and artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VIDEO
- 07.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 121 times
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia mull prospects for development of military co-op
- 06.02.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 06.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Ramaldanov: Armenia has just been given ‘Kornet-E’ missile complexes, while Azerbaijan has had them for 10 years
- 05.02.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 01.08.2017President: Azerbaijan’s hosting “Sea Cup – 2017” proves its increasing prestige in the world
- 02.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 02.08.2017Artillery fire will be conducted on sea targets in "Sea Cup - 2017" contest
- 01.08.2017Solemn opening ceremony of "Masters of Artillery Fire" and "Sniper Frontier" contests held in Kazakhstan
- 01.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 01.08.2017Ceasefire violated by 4,065 times by Armenia last month