Nearly 300 personnel to join “Sea Cup – 2017” in Baku
A press conference was held at the headquarters of Azerbaijan’s Military Naval Forces on Tuesday in connection with the international contest “Sea Cup – 2017”.
Captain 1st Rank Shahin Mammadov, the main referee of the contest, said that ship crews of the naval forces of Azerbaijan, Russia, and Kazakhstan will participate in the “Sea Cup – 2017” contest, which is to be held in Baku from August 1 to 11 within the “International Army Games – 2017” contest, APA reported.
According to Mammadov, representatives of the armed forces of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain will join the contest as observers.
Mammadov said that the “Sea Cup – 2017” contest will be held in 3 stages—performing artillery fire, fight for the durability of ships and rescue preparations, and marine preparations, noting that nearly 300 personnel will join the contest.
“Harbor bridges, training complexes and other centers are fully ready for the high level holding of the contest. The Defense Ministry has created all kinds of conditions for the contests to be held transparently and at a high level,” Mammadov said.
G-124 and G-122 guard ships of the Azerbaijani Navy, a small missile ship Grad Sviyazhsk and a rescue tugboat SB-45 of the Caspian Flotilla of the Russian Navy, missile boats Paykan and Joshan of the Iranian Navy, and the Kazakh rocket-artillery ships Kazakhstan, Sary-Arka and the hydrographic vessel Zhaik will participate in the contest.
It was stated that the opening ceremony of "Sea Cup-2017" will kick off at 18:30 (UTC +4) in front of the Clock Tower at the Baku Seaside Boulevard. The contest will come to a close on August 11.
Head of the Russian delegation, Captain 1st Rank Sergey Ekimov, said the Russian Navy is fully ready for "Sea Cup-2017".
Head of the Kazakh delegation, Captain 1st Rank Ermek Baygabulov, and head of the Iranian delegation, Captain 1st Rank Sayyid Mahmoud Amuzesh, said high-level preparatory works have been carried out for the contest.
At the end of the press conference, questions from journalists were answered.
The International Army Games 2017 will be held on July 29 — August 12 on the territory of Russia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan and China. Servicemen of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces are participating in the competitions "Tank Biathlon", "Field Kitchen", "Sniper line", "Masters of Artillery Fire" and “Sea cup 2017”.
- 16.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister orders to strengthen security in military units after provocation in Ganja
- 13.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 12.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 97 times
- 10.07.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers leave for Afghanistan
- 09.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire 83 times
- 06.07.2018Road accident in Nakhchivan kills 3 servicemen, 11 injured
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister chairs meeting on results of large-scale exercises
- 06.07.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 04.07.2018Live-fire stage of military exercises underway
- 04.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister holds meeting in field conditions
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani MoD: Regrouping of combat aircraft carried out
- 03.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 84 times
- 02.07.2018Troops involved in military drills moving to operational areas: Azerbaijani MoD - VİDEO
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan army starts large-scale exercises - VIDEO
- 02.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Defense Minister: Enemy will feel Azerbaijani army’s strength if Karabakh conflict is not resolved fairly
- 29.06.2018Commemorative event held in Azerbaijan’s Aghstafa to honor martyr Adil Tatarov
- 29.06.2018Naval mine discovered in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 29.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Rules of admission to military lyceums in Azerbaijan changed
- 28.06.2018No incident during OSCE monitoring on Azerbaijan-Armenia border
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijani army under special regime due to high weather temperature
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijan army to hold large-scale exercises
- 28.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.06.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 27.06.2018MoD: Azerbaijani army’s counteroffensive in Nakhchivan direction left Armenians ‘knocked out’
- 27.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 27.06.2018Polad Bulbuloglu: "Azerbaijan has every opportunity to resolve the Karabakh conflict by armed means"
- 26.06.2018Georgian defense minister: Georgia and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 26.06.2018Azerbaijani SBS responds to Iranian border guard commander’s statement
- 26.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Day will come when Azerbaijani flag raised on liberated lands is showcased in military parade on Azadlig Square
- 26.06.2018"Solo Turk" & "Turkish Stars" aviation groups conduct demonstration flights over Baku - PHOTOSESSION
- 26.06.2018Azerbaijan marks centenary of Armed Forces - PHOTOSESSION
- 26.06.2018Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan destroyed myth of Armenian army
- 26.06.2018Solemn military parade held in Baku to mark centenary of Azerbaijani Armed Forces - UPDATED-1
- 01.08.2017President: Azerbaijan’s hosting “Sea Cup – 2017” proves its increasing prestige in the world
- 02.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 02.08.2017Artillery fire will be conducted on sea targets in "Sea Cup - 2017" contest
- 01.08.2017Solemn opening ceremony of "Masters of Artillery Fire" and "Sniper Frontier" contests held in Kazakhstan
- 01.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 01.08.2017Ceasefire violated by 4,065 times by Armenia last month