Nearly 300 personnel to join “Sea Cup – 2017” in Baku
A press conference was held at the headquarters of Azerbaijan’s Military Naval Forces on Tuesday in connection with the international contest “Sea Cup – 2017”.
Captain 1st Rank Shahin Mammadov, the main referee of the contest, said that ship crews of the naval forces of Azerbaijan, Russia, and Kazakhstan will participate in the “Sea Cup – 2017” contest, which is to be held in Baku from August 1 to 11 within the “International Army Games – 2017” contest, APA reported.
According to Mammadov, representatives of the armed forces of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain will join the contest as observers.
Mammadov said that the “Sea Cup – 2017” contest will be held in 3 stages—performing artillery fire, fight for the durability of ships and rescue preparations, and marine preparations, noting that nearly 300 personnel will join the contest.
“Harbor bridges, training complexes and other centers are fully ready for the high level holding of the contest. The Defense Ministry has created all kinds of conditions for the contests to be held transparently and at a high level,” Mammadov said.
G-124 and G-122 guard ships of the Azerbaijani Navy, a small missile ship Grad Sviyazhsk and a rescue tugboat SB-45 of the Caspian Flotilla of the Russian Navy, missile boats Paykan and Joshan of the Iranian Navy, and the Kazakh rocket-artillery ships Kazakhstan, Sary-Arka and the hydrographic vessel Zhaik will participate in the contest.
It was stated that the opening ceremony of "Sea Cup-2017" will kick off at 18:30 (UTC +4) in front of the Clock Tower at the Baku Seaside Boulevard. The contest will come to a close on August 11.
Head of the Russian delegation, Captain 1st Rank Sergey Ekimov, said the Russian Navy is fully ready for "Sea Cup-2017".
Head of the Kazakh delegation, Captain 1st Rank Ermek Baygabulov, and head of the Iranian delegation, Captain 1st Rank Sayyid Mahmoud Amuzesh, said high-level preparatory works have been carried out for the contest.
At the end of the press conference, questions from journalists were answered.
The International Army Games 2017 will be held on July 29 — August 12 on the territory of Russia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan and China. Servicemen of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces are participating in the competitions "Tank Biathlon", "Field Kitchen", "Sniper line", "Masters of Artillery Fire" and “Sea cup 2017”.
- 18.08.2017Azerbaijani Defense Ministry dismisses another Armenian disinformation
- 18.08.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 17.08.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.08.2017President awards State Border Service employees
- 16.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 115 times
- 15.08.2017Current situation in the front-line units of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces has been checked
- 15.08.2017State Border Service holds large-scale exercises in Caspian Sea
- 15.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 14.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 13.08.2017Iranian warships left Baku port
- 13.08.2017Azerbaijan Defense Minister took part in closing ceremony of “International Army Games-2017” - PHOTOSESSION
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijan and Russia intend to develop military-technical cooperation
- 12.08.2017Russian warships leave Baku port
- 11.08.2017Zakir Hasanov departs for Moscow on a visit
- 11.08.2017Closing ceremony of Sea Cup 2017 held in Baku
- 11.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 10.08.2017"Sea Cup-2017" international contest’s winners determined
- 10.08.2017General: Armenia’s intention to compensate its defeats on frontline in virtual space is failure
- 10.08.2017Last episode of "Sea Cup - 2017" contest completed
- 10.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 115 times
- 09.08.2017Baku to host final stage of 'Sea Cup - 2017' int'l contest
- 09.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 125 times
- 08.08.2017Repair and maintenance center for armored fighting vehicles opened in Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani military sailors achieved next success at 'Sea Cup - 2017'
- 08.08.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 130 times
- 07.08.2017Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan conducting joint naval exercises
- 07.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 146 times
- 06.08.2017“G-124” warship of Azerbaijan Naval Forces successfully fired at sea target - VİDEO
- 05.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 141 times
- 04.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 138 times
- 03.08.2017Next stage of "Sea Cup - 2017" contest to involve MiG-29 fighter aircrafts
- 03.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 141 times
- 02.08.2017Azerbaijani servicemen presented samples of culture in the House of Friendship
- 31.07.2017Minister: ‘Volume of defense products transferred to power structures grew 1.3 fold
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan exporting UAVs, armed vehicles to more than 10 countries
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan, Israel discuss coop in defense industry area
- 31.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 125 times
- 29.07.2017Defense Ministry: Enemy resorted to another trick to conceal its failures
- 29.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 133 times
- 01.08.2017President: Azerbaijan’s hosting “Sea Cup – 2017” proves its increasing prestige in the world
- 02.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 02.08.2017Artillery fire will be conducted on sea targets in "Sea Cup - 2017" contest
- 01.08.2017Solemn opening ceremony of "Masters of Artillery Fire" and "Sniper Frontier" contests held in Kazakhstan
- 01.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 01.08.2017Ceasefire violated by 4,065 times by Armenia last month