Minister: Azerbaijan to supply one of NATO member countries with 100 drones
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. “Currently, 51 production units on defense industry are operating in Azerbaijan. 5 new plants and 7 production units will be commissioned by the end of this year”, Minister of Defense Industry Yaver Jamalov told journalists, APA reports.
Jamalov said that these plants will carry out a serial production of 40-46mm grenade launchers. Ammunition for grenade launchers will be manufactured as well.
“Plants for production of M-6, M-12 explosives and U-25 ammunition will be operated. At the same time, a mass production of bullets for small firearms having bores 5,45 mm to 30 mm will be conducted. All these are of great importance to our army”, he said.
The minister noted that ammunition for tanks and artillery will be manufactured by the end of the first quarter of 2015: “We will almost fully meet the need of our army for artillery ammunition”.
Jamalov said negotiations are underway with the companies participating in ADEX-2014.
“I think that as conclusion of the exhibition, we will reach an agreement on delivery of these companies' technologies to Azerbaijan”, the minister said.
He said the ministry is currently participating in tenders abroad.
“We won the tenders on grenade throwers and ammunitions with various calibers in Turkey and on mortars in several countries,” he said.
Jamalov also added: “Azerbaijan is currently producing drones in a unit jointly established with Israel. This year Azerbaijan, aside from its Armed Forces, plans to supply one of NATO member countries with 100 drones”.
Related news releases
- 08.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev signs order on conscription
- 08.12.2016New military police chief appointed in Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2016OSCE holds regular contact line monitoring
- 08.12.2016OSCE reps visit Aghdam district executive authority
- 08.12.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijani defense ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attachés
- 07.12.2016OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 07.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 44 times
- 06.12.2016ANAMA disarms 223 UXOs, 3 mines in November
- 06.12.2016Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 65 times in 24 hours
- 05.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 57 times
- 03.12.2016Ilham Aliyev attends opening of new military unit on frontline
- 03.12.2016Tension grows on contact line: Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank announces manat rate against foreign currencies
- 02.12.2016Academician Nizami Suleymanov dies
- 02.12.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijani army in complete control of situation along contact line – Defense Ministry
- 01.12.2016Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund exceed 78M mantas
- 01.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 38 times
- 01.12.2016Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 700 times in one month
- 30.11.2016Zakir Hasanov attends meeting of CIS Defense Ministers Council
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan, Russia intend to expand military co-op
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan is security outpost in Caspian region: Russian defense minister - UPDATED
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan says ready to host int’l army games in Caspian
- 30.11.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 20 times
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani Military Academy hosts meeting with NATO/US experts
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani, Italian military experts meet in Baku
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani defense minister off to Moscow on working visit
- 29.11.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.11.2016No incident during OSCE monitoring on Azerbaijan-Armenia contact line
- 28.11.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 27 times
- 26.11.2016Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijan, Qatar mull development of military relations
- 25.11.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 29 times
- 24.11.2016NATO experts visit Azerbaijani Military Academy
- 24.11.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2016NATO Days underway in Azerbaija
- 23.11.2016Azerbaijan, Iran discuss prospects for military-technical co-op
- 23.11.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 15 times
- 22.11.2016Azerbaijani, Italian experts on civil-military co-op meet in Baku
- 11.09.2014President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan that underwent occupation and terrorism as a result of foreign military aggression always focuses on deepening its security
- 11.09.2014Defense Minister of Azerbaijan and Turkey meet in Baku - PHOTO
- 11.09.2014Minister of Defense Industry: Necessary steps taken to provide Azerbaijani army with sophisticated weapons
- 11.09.2014Turkish National Defense Minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2014Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 10.09.2014Azerbaijani and Israeli defense ministers meet in Baku - PHOTO