Minister: Azerbaijan to supply one of NATO member countries with 100 drones
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. “Currently, 51 production units on defense industry are operating in Azerbaijan. 5 new plants and 7 production units will be commissioned by the end of this year”, Minister of Defense Industry Yaver Jamalov told journalists, APA reports.
Jamalov said that these plants will carry out a serial production of 40-46mm grenade launchers. Ammunition for grenade launchers will be manufactured as well.
“Plants for production of M-6, M-12 explosives and U-25 ammunition will be operated. At the same time, a mass production of bullets for small firearms having bores 5,45 mm to 30 mm will be conducted. All these are of great importance to our army”, he said.
The minister noted that ammunition for tanks and artillery will be manufactured by the end of the first quarter of 2015: “We will almost fully meet the need of our army for artillery ammunition”.
Jamalov said negotiations are underway with the companies participating in ADEX-2014.
“I think that as conclusion of the exhibition, we will reach an agreement on delivery of these companies' technologies to Azerbaijan”, the minister said.
He said the ministry is currently participating in tenders abroad.
“We won the tenders on grenade throwers and ammunitions with various calibers in Turkey and on mortars in several countries,” he said.
Jamalov also added: “Azerbaijan is currently producing drones in a unit jointly established with Israel. This year Azerbaijan, aside from its Armed Forces, plans to supply one of NATO member countries with 100 drones”.
Related news releases
- 26.02.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times in one day
- 25.02.2017Azerbaijani Army destroys enemy’s firing position
- 25.02.2017Defense Ministry: Azerbaijani army suffered losses as Armenians attempted to break into our positions
- 25.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times using mortars, sniper rifles and large-caliber machine guns
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents another Armenian sabotage attempt, enemy forced to retreat
- 24.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 70 times
- 23.02.2017Tank shell found in Barda district
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijan inaugurates new training center on frontline
- 23.02.2017Martyred Azerbaijani soldier laid to rest
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijan’s military leadership views situation on frontline
- 23.02.2017Armenia continues to shell Azerbaijani positions
- 22.02.2017Soldier of Azerbaijani army killed
- 22.02.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2017Azerbaijani army prevents another Armenian sabotage
- 21.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 31 times
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijan, Serbia mull prospects of military co-op
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations pays visit to UAE
- 20.02.2017SIPRI: Arms imports by Azerbaijan were 20 times higher than those of Armenia in 2012–16
- 20.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2017ANAMA finds 78 shrapnels in road to be constructed in Jojug Marjanli village
- 18.02.2017Retired general: Deaths in Armenian army are due to disorders
- 18.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 26 times
- 17.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 40 times
- 16.02.2017Top US military official thanks Azerbaijan for hosting meeting with his Russian counterpart
- 16.02.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan: investigation underway into Elnur Huseynzade’s case
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan continues investigation into April battles: military prosecutor
- 16.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2017Russian Defense Ministry announces meeting of US, Russian General Staffs in Baku
- 15.02.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 15.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijani border guards detain armed trespasser
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani parliament adopts bill on martial law - UPDATED
- 14.02.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 22 times
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijani army destroys Armenian subversive group - VIDEO
- 13.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.02.2017Zakir Hasanov holds consultation at Central Command Post of Armed Forces
- 11.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijani soldier dies in avalanche: Defense Ministry
- 10.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 36 times
- 11.09.2014President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan that underwent occupation and terrorism as a result of foreign military aggression always focuses on deepening its security
- 11.09.2014Defense Minister of Azerbaijan and Turkey meet in Baku - PHOTO
- 11.09.2014Minister of Defense Industry: Necessary steps taken to provide Azerbaijani army with sophisticated weapons
- 11.09.2014Turkish National Defense Minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2014Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 10.09.2014Azerbaijani and Israeli defense ministers meet in Baku - PHOTO