Minister: Azerbaijan to supply one of NATO member countries with 100 drones
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. “Currently, 51 production units on defense industry are operating in Azerbaijan. 5 new plants and 7 production units will be commissioned by the end of this year”, Minister of Defense Industry Yaver Jamalov told journalists, APA reports.
Jamalov said that these plants will carry out a serial production of 40-46mm grenade launchers. Ammunition for grenade launchers will be manufactured as well.
“Plants for production of M-6, M-12 explosives and U-25 ammunition will be operated. At the same time, a mass production of bullets for small firearms having bores 5,45 mm to 30 mm will be conducted. All these are of great importance to our army”, he said.
The minister noted that ammunition for tanks and artillery will be manufactured by the end of the first quarter of 2015: “We will almost fully meet the need of our army for artillery ammunition”.
Jamalov said negotiations are underway with the companies participating in ADEX-2014.
“I think that as conclusion of the exhibition, we will reach an agreement on delivery of these companies' technologies to Azerbaijan”, the minister said.
He said the ministry is currently participating in tenders abroad.
“We won the tenders on grenade throwers and ammunitions with various calibers in Turkey and on mortars in several countries,” he said.
Jamalov also added: “Azerbaijan is currently producing drones in a unit jointly established with Israel. This year Azerbaijan, aside from its Armed Forces, plans to supply one of NATO member countries with 100 drones”.
Related news releases
- 24.06.2017Russia delivers modern military equipment to Azerbaijan
- 24.06.2017Zakir Hasanov: Azerbaijani soldiers proved to whole world that they are able to liberate native lands
- 24.06.2017Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani Armed Forces capable of fulfilling all tasks – defense minister
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of plant for production of components for revolver-type grenade launchers in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017No incident during OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates plant for production of components for grenade launcher in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan denies Armenian reports on infiltration attempt and military losses
- 23.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 22.06.2017The opening of the two new military camps were held in the frontline zone
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani army holds live-fire stage of large-scale drills
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani MoD: Armenia once again used combat drones
- 22.06.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 22.06.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani army destroys Armenian UAV
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijan releases footage of captured Armenian sabotage group member
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijan captures Armenian sabotage group member
- 20.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on two military servicemen
- 20.06.2017Four colonels of Azerbaijani army promoted to rank of major general
- 20.06.2017Armenian provocation intercepted at Azerbaijan-Iran border
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani army continues large-scale exercises
- 20.06.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani army starts large-scale drills
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement on latest situation on frontline
- 17.06.2017Defense ministry: Five Armenian servicemen were killed on frontline
- 17.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets graduates of Higher Military School
- 16.06.2017Unexploded aerial bomb found in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 16.06.2017Martyred Azerbaijani soldier laid to rest
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani army to conduct large-scale exercises
- 16.06.2017Defense minister: Enemy should know that Nakhchivan is defended by most professional army
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey stage joint military drills in Nakhchivan
- 16.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 129 times
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani soldier killed during Armenian provocation
- 15.06.2017Combat engineer units of Azerbaijani army hold tactical exercises
- 14.06.2017Foreign military attachés visit Azerbaijani military unit
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey continue joint military drills
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian special forces continue joint exercises
- 13.06.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister meets with Commander of Land Forces of Turkey
- 11.09.2014President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan that underwent occupation and terrorism as a result of foreign military aggression always focuses on deepening its security
- 11.09.2014Defense Minister of Azerbaijan and Turkey meet in Baku - PHOTO
- 11.09.2014Minister of Defense Industry: Necessary steps taken to provide Azerbaijani army with sophisticated weapons
- 11.09.2014Turkish National Defense Minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2014Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 10.09.2014Azerbaijani and Israeli defense ministers meet in Baku - PHOTO