Minister: Azerbaijan to supply one of NATO member countries with 100 drones
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. “Currently, 51 production units on defense industry are operating in Azerbaijan. 5 new plants and 7 production units will be commissioned by the end of this year”, Minister of Defense Industry Yaver Jamalov told journalists, APA reports.
Jamalov said that these plants will carry out a serial production of 40-46mm grenade launchers. Ammunition for grenade launchers will be manufactured as well.
“Plants for production of M-6, M-12 explosives and U-25 ammunition will be operated. At the same time, a mass production of bullets for small firearms having bores 5,45 mm to 30 mm will be conducted. All these are of great importance to our army”, he said.
The minister noted that ammunition for tanks and artillery will be manufactured by the end of the first quarter of 2015: “We will almost fully meet the need of our army for artillery ammunition”.
Jamalov said negotiations are underway with the companies participating in ADEX-2014.
“I think that as conclusion of the exhibition, we will reach an agreement on delivery of these companies' technologies to Azerbaijan”, the minister said.
He said the ministry is currently participating in tenders abroad.
“We won the tenders on grenade throwers and ammunitions with various calibers in Turkey and on mortars in several countries,” he said.
Jamalov also added: “Azerbaijan is currently producing drones in a unit jointly established with Israel. This year Azerbaijan, aside from its Armed Forces, plans to supply one of NATO member countries with 100 drones”.
Related news releases
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan sends several high-ranking military officers to reserve and retirement
- 28.03.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 130 times in 24 hours
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijani president confers higher military ranks on State Security Service employees
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan slams Sargsyan's statement on possible use of Iskander missiles
- 27.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 25.03.2017Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 24.03.2017Azerbaijani Defense Minister checks organization of defense on frontline
- 24.03.2017Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 109 times
- 22.03.2017Azerbaijani MoD: Armenia breaks ceasefire 143 times in 24 hours
- 18.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 17.03.2017Baku hosts working meeting of int’l contest ‘Sea Cup-2017’
- 17.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 100 times
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani defense minister instructs to strengthen combat readiness of servicemen
- 15.03.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 15.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets with Turkish ambassador
- 14.03.2017Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff departs for Moscow
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijani defense industry minister meets Pakistani envoy
- 14.03.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 14.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 13.03.2017Working meeting with NATO experts on PARP and IPAP held in Baku
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijan buys drone killer system from Turkey
- 13.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2017Martyred Azerbaijani serviceman laid to rest
- 11.03.2017Serviceman of Azerbaijani army killed
- 11.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia discuss military cooperation
- 10.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Interior Troops servicemen
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 10.03.2017ANAMA disarms 1,048 UXOs, 34 mines in Feb 2017
- 10.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 09.03.2017Azerbaijan, UK discuss holding next round of military talks
- 09.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 119 times
- 06.03.2017Azerbaijan to produce two other types of drones
- 06.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.03.2017Armenia suffered about 30 losses in last five days - Azerbaijani MoD
- 03.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 265 times
- 11.09.2014President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan that underwent occupation and terrorism as a result of foreign military aggression always focuses on deepening its security
- 11.09.2014Defense Minister of Azerbaijan and Turkey meet in Baku - PHOTO
- 11.09.2014Minister of Defense Industry: Necessary steps taken to provide Azerbaijani army with sophisticated weapons
- 11.09.2014Turkish National Defense Minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2014Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 10.09.2014Azerbaijani and Israeli defense ministers meet in Baku - PHOTO