Minister: Azerbaijan to supply one of NATO member countries with 100 drones
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. “Currently, 51 production units on defense industry are operating in Azerbaijan. 5 new plants and 7 production units will be commissioned by the end of this year”, Minister of Defense Industry Yaver Jamalov told journalists, APA reports.
Jamalov said that these plants will carry out a serial production of 40-46mm grenade launchers. Ammunition for grenade launchers will be manufactured as well.
“Plants for production of M-6, M-12 explosives and U-25 ammunition will be operated. At the same time, a mass production of bullets for small firearms having bores 5,45 mm to 30 mm will be conducted. All these are of great importance to our army”, he said.
The minister noted that ammunition for tanks and artillery will be manufactured by the end of the first quarter of 2015: “We will almost fully meet the need of our army for artillery ammunition”.
Jamalov said negotiations are underway with the companies participating in ADEX-2014.
“I think that as conclusion of the exhibition, we will reach an agreement on delivery of these companies' technologies to Azerbaijan”, the minister said.
He said the ministry is currently participating in tenders abroad.
“We won the tenders on grenade throwers and ammunitions with various calibers in Turkey and on mortars in several countries,” he said.
Jamalov also added: “Azerbaijan is currently producing drones in a unit jointly established with Israel. This year Azerbaijan, aside from its Armed Forces, plans to supply one of NATO member countries with 100 drones”.
Related news releases
- 27.09.2016Azerbaijan, Russia discuss prospects of military-technical co-op
- 27.09.2016Azerbaijani Armed Forces to be equipped with new models of local-made drones
- 27.09.2016Azerbaijan, Djibouti mull prospects of military co-op
- 27.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev visits ADEX 2016 exhibition
- 27.09.2016Armenia restarts military drills in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 27.09.2016Ilham Aliyev opens Chess School in Sumgayit
- 27.09.2016Azerbaijan, Turkey mull expanding military co-op
- 27.09.2016Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry orders hundreds of “Zerbe” drones
- 27.09.2016Azerbaijan’s defense industry enterprises able to meet needs of Armed Forces
- 27.09.20162nd Azerbaijan International Defense Exhibition opens in Baku
- 27.09.2016Azerbaijani president addresses ADEX participants
- 27.09.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 13 times
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives Pakistani defense production minister
- 26.09.2016Belarusian defense minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijan’s rocket troops and artillery conduct live-fire exercises
- 26.09.2016Russia to showcase over 300 pieces of military equipment at ADEX-2016
- 26.09.2016Russian missile ship to visit Baku port
- 26.09.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.09.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.09.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 15 times
- 22.09.2016Military parade in Yerevan was imitation, says Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2016Armenian troops set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 22.09.2016Over 200 foreign companies to join ADEX 2016 in Baku
- 22.09.2016Armenia begins next phase of military drills in occupied Aghdam
- 22.09.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2016Defense Ministry: Azerbaijani Army instructed to destroy enemy’s military facilities if necessary
- 21.09.2016Georgia’s new military attaché introduced to Azerbaijani defense minister
- 21.09.2016Azerbaijan unveils new drone
- 21.09.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 21 times
- 20.09.2016Baku hosts seminar on planning of defense policy, strategic planning
- 20.09.2016NATO's Mobile Training Group conducts courses in Baku
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijani defense minister meets with outgoing Turkish ambassador
- 20.09.2016Armenia launches military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 20.09.2016Ceasefire broken as Armenian military fires at Azerbaijani positions
- 19.09.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.09.2016Ceasefire broken as Armenian army fires at Azerbaijani positions
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits Nakhchivan
- 16.09.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 14 times
- 14.09.2016No incident during OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 11.09.2014President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan that underwent occupation and terrorism as a result of foreign military aggression always focuses on deepening its security
- 11.09.2014Defense Minister of Azerbaijan and Turkey meet in Baku - PHOTO
- 11.09.2014Minister of Defense Industry: Necessary steps taken to provide Azerbaijani army with sophisticated weapons
- 11.09.2014Turkish National Defense Minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2014Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 10.09.2014Azerbaijani and Israeli defense ministers meet in Baku - PHOTO