Iran ready to help Azerbaijan increase its military power – defense minister
On February 21, Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov met a delegation led by Iran’s Minister of Defense and Armed Forces Logistics, Brigadier General Amir Hatami.
Prior to the meeting, the Iranian delegation visited the graves of national leader Heydar Aliyev and outstanding ophthalmologist, academician Zarifa Aliyeva in the Alley of Honors. The Iranian delegation also visited the Alley of Honor in Baku to pay tribute to Azerbaijan’s heroes, the Defense Ministry told APA.
Later on, an official welcome ceremony was held for the Iranian defense minister at Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry.
The Iranian minister reviewed the guard of honor, after which the national anthems of the two countries were performed.
According to the protocol, Brigadier General Amir Hatami signed the Book of Honor.
The defense ministers first held a one-on-one meeting, which was continued in an expanded format with the participation of the two countries’ delegations.
Hasanov congratulated Amir Hatami on his appointment as Iran’s defense minister. The Azerbaijani minister described Amir Hatami’s first visit as defense minister to Azerbaijan as a high indicator of friendly relations between the two countries.
Minister Hasanov particularly emphasized the merits of national leader Heydar Aliyev and President Ilham Aliyev in establishing mutual trust between Azerbaijan and Iran, and in developing bilateral ties.
The Azerbaijani defense minister also touched upon the military and political situation in the region. Hasanov noted that the unresolved Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict still poses a serious threat to regional stability.
Minister Hasanov expressed gratitude to the Iranian side for its efforts towards the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty.
Brigadier General A. Hatami, in turn, said that religious, historical and cultural ties between the two countries are based on traditions of good friendship. The Iranian minister said there is a great potential for military cooperation between the two countries.
He went on to say that Iran recognizes Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and supports its just position on the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Hatami stressed that Iran, as a Muslim country, is interested in increasing the military power of Azerbaijan and stands ready to provide any assistance in this sphere.
The sides further exchanged views on the prospects for the development of cooperation in the military, military-technical, military-medical and military-educational spheres, for the organization of mutual visits of expert groups and other issues of common interest.
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani army conducts field exercises - PHOTOSESSION
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani defense minister calls on media to be sensitive while reporting solider deaths
- 20.06.2018Zakir Hasanov: Supreme Commander-in-Chief diplomatically brought down Sargsyan gov’t, without using weaponry
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani state meets all needs of army, says defense minister
- 20.06.2018Defense minister: Azerbaijani army now controls road to Lachin
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani army owns most advanced missile, artillery systems: defense minister
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani army fully ready and able to fulfill any command – defense minister
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MoD releases video about liberation of Gunnut village - VİDEO
- 20.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters continue flights over Baku in preparation for parade
- 19.06.2018Minister of Defense participates in opening of military unit of Rocket and Artillery Troops in frontline zone
- 19.06.2018Next tactical UAV belonging to Armenia destroyed
- 19.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 95 times
- 18.06.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.06.2018Azerbaijan’s defense minister: Our army must always be ready to suppress provocation of enemy
- 16.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijani Army Corps exercises successfully completed
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters continue flights over Baku in preparation for parade
- 15.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 94 times
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani military conducts practical firing from DANA self-propelled artillery systems
- 14.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani army’s rocket, artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VİDEO
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan’s IFV crews improve combat skills
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters conduct flights over Baku in preparation for parade - UPDATED
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia sign agreement on activities of border commissioners
- 13.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 93 times
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan’s missile units conduct practical firing exercises - VIDEO
- 12.06.2018Polonez systems now at disposal of Azerbaijani Army - VIDEO
- 12.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan exhibits defense products at Eurosatory 2018 in Paris
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Defense Ministry’s military unit - UPDATED
- 11.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan defense minister attends NATO meeting
- 08.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijan Naval Forces conduct practical training
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to attend NATO meeting
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani defense products to go on display at Paris exhibition
- 07.06.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 07.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani army intercepts Armenian quadcopter
- 22.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Minsk
- 21.02.2018OSCE monitors border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 21.02.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk meets with head of Gazakh district executive authority
- 21.02.2018Iran's defense minister arrives in Azerbaijan