ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
Representatives of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) have visited the Armenian serviceman, who was captured by the Azerbaijani soldiers in Aghdam district in December 2014.
The visit took place a few days ago, Ilaha Huseynova, head of Communication Department of the ICRC Baku Office told APA.
The prisoner of war was delivered messages from his family and his family will be informed about his conditions.
An Armenian reconnaissance-sabotage group attempted to cross the Armenian part of the contact line of troops in 26 December 2014. Thanks to the vigilance of servicemen of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces, the provocative attempt was prevented beforehand, according to the Defense Ministry. After some gunfight, the enemy suffered heavy losses and was forced to retreat. A member of the enemy’s reconnaissance-sabotage, professional Armenian serviceman Bagdasaryan Arsen Edwardovich was captured.
Bagdasaryan faced charges under the Criminal Code’s articles #218.2 (participation in criminal community), 29,120.2.1 (attempt to a deliberate murder by group of persons, on preliminary arrangement by group of persons, by organized group or criminal community), 29,120.2.7 (attempt to a deliberate murder of two or more persons), 29,120.2.12 (attempt to a deliberate murder on motive of national, racial, religious hatred or enmity), 29,282.2 (attempt to commitment of explosion, arson or other actions directed on destruction or damage of enterprises, constructions, means of communication, means of message and communication, objects of life-support of a population with a view of undermining defensibility and economic safety of the Azerbaijan Republic) and the criminal case was investigated and sent to the court.
Ganja Court of Grave Crimes sentenced Arsen Bagdasaryan to 15 years in maximum security prison.
Related news releases
- 23.05.2018Armenian soldier found dead at combat position
- 23.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 88 times
- 21.05.2018Baku: Armenian reports on alleged involvement of tactical, military aircraft in drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands ‘exaggerated’
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani serviceman killed in Armenian provocation laid to rest
- 21.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 102 times
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s economic growth, increasing military potential brought Armenia to collapse, says defense minister
- 18.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets heads of Turkish, Georgian military educational institutions
- 17.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Combines Arms Army stages live-fire drills in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views Combined Army Unit’s training and educational center, inaugurates newly built military hospital
- 16.05.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.05.2018Baku hosts meeting of chiefs of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian high military educational institutions
- 16.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 92 times
- 15.05.2018Baku hosts NATO Standing Group of Partner Logistics Experts meeting
- 15.05.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates several military facilities
- 14.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.05.2018Defense Minister: "Azerbaijan Army is fully prepared for large-scale combat operations"
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani army capable of performing most challenging tasks: presidential aide
- 11.05.2018Hand grenade and cartridges of various calibers found in Baku
- 11.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan Defense Minister visits "Efes-2018" Exercises Management Center
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan defense minister watches "Efes-2018" int’l exercises
- 10.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan’s high-ranking military officers pay tribute to national hero Albert Agarunov
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Turkey
- 08.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 07.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 04.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.05.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 03.05.2018Armenian army shells civilian truck in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
- 03.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.05.2018Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 02.05.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 03.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 265 times
- 03.03.2017Armenia suffered about 30 losses in last five days - Azerbaijani MoD
- 04.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijani army destroys Armenian drone
- 02.03.2017Foreign military attachés accredited to Azerbaijan visit High Military School
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijani army destroys Armenian military vehicle - VIDEO