Baku hosts 10th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue
The 10th meeting of the Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue kicked off in Baku on December 5, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry told APA.
Prior to the meeting, the Azerbaijani and Turkish delegations visited the Alley of Honors to lay a wreath at the tomb of national leader Heydar Aliyev. They also laid flowers at the grave of prominent ophthalmologist, academician Zarifa Aliyeva.
Then the delegations visited the Alley of Martyrs to commemorate the Azerbaijani heroes who gave their lives for the country’s independence and territorial integrity. They also laid wreaths at the Eternal Flame monument and the memorial erected in honor of the Turkish soldiers killed in 1918.
Later, the delegations held a plenary session. Co-chairmen from both sides delivered welcoming speeches and briefings on the state of regional security environment were presented. The meeting continued its work within the working groups.
The current state and prospects of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Turkey in the military, military-technical spheres and in the field of military medicine, military education, defense industry and other spheres, as well as the strengthening of friendly relations between the Armed Forces of the two countries and the main areas for accomplishing the forthcoming tasks will be discussed during the meeting, that will last until December 7.
During the discussions within the framework of the military dialogue, the work that has been done this year and the action plan for 2018 will be reviewed.
It should be pointed out that the co-chairman from the Azerbaijani side is Lieutenant General Kerim Veliyev, Deputy Minister of Defense for Personnel, and from the Turkish side – Сorps General Yavuz Türkgenci, Chief of the Main Directorate for Plans and Principles of the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces.
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Minsk
- 22.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani army intercepts Armenian quadcopter
- 21.02.2018Iran ready to help Azerbaijan increase its military power – defense minister
- 21.02.2018OSCE monitors border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 21.02.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk meets with head of Gazakh district executive authority
- 21.02.2018Iran's defense minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 135 times
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Belarus
- 20.02.2018OSCE expected to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 20.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Iran's defense minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ex-military official does not rule out ‘Armenian involvement’ in assassination attempt on Israeli defense minister
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan, UK ink military cooperation plan
- 16.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 123
- 15.02.2018Five artillery shells detected in Sumgayit
- 15.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 129 times
- 13.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018NATO training course underway in Baku
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents another border provocation by Armenia - VIDEO
- 12.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2018Tasks set by Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief brought to attention of army’s command staff
- 10.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 09.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia to develop cooperation in defense industry
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s military policy has proved successful
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan accepts into armament new military equipment delivered by Russia
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents Armenian provocation, one enemy soldier killed
- 08.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan's rocket and artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VIDEO
- 07.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 121 times
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia mull prospects for development of military co-op
- 06.02.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 06.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Ramaldanov: Armenia has just been given ‘Kornet-E’ missile complexes, while Azerbaijan has had them for 10 years
- 05.02.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 05.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 05.12.2017Artillery shell found in center of Beylagan city
- 06.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss expanding military co-op
- 05.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times
- 05.12.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan becomes full member of International Committee of Military Medicine