Baku hosts 10th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue
The 10th meeting of the Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue kicked off in Baku on December 5, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry told APA.
Prior to the meeting, the Azerbaijani and Turkish delegations visited the Alley of Honors to lay a wreath at the tomb of national leader Heydar Aliyev. They also laid flowers at the grave of prominent ophthalmologist, academician Zarifa Aliyeva.
Then the delegations visited the Alley of Martyrs to commemorate the Azerbaijani heroes who gave their lives for the country’s independence and territorial integrity. They also laid wreaths at the Eternal Flame monument and the memorial erected in honor of the Turkish soldiers killed in 1918.
Later, the delegations held a plenary session. Co-chairmen from both sides delivered welcoming speeches and briefings on the state of regional security environment were presented. The meeting continued its work within the working groups.
The current state and prospects of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Turkey in the military, military-technical spheres and in the field of military medicine, military education, defense industry and other spheres, as well as the strengthening of friendly relations between the Armed Forces of the two countries and the main areas for accomplishing the forthcoming tasks will be discussed during the meeting, that will last until December 7.
During the discussions within the framework of the military dialogue, the work that has been done this year and the action plan for 2018 will be reviewed.
It should be pointed out that the co-chairman from the Azerbaijani side is Lieutenant General Kerim Veliyev, Deputy Minister of Defense for Personnel, and from the Turkish side – Сorps General Yavuz Türkgenci, Chief of the Main Directorate for Plans and Principles of the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces.
- 11.12.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan, Italy discuss military-technical cooperation
- 07.12.2017Protocol signed at 10th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue
- 07.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 155 times
- 06.12.2017NATO Mobile Training Team holds training course in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan plans to increase number of peacekeepers in Afghanistan next year
- 04.12.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue meeting
- 04.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 01.12.2017Tanks units of Azerbaijani army conduct live-fire training
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament adopts revised bill on Armed Forces
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish air forces discuss expansion of cooperation
- 01.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund rise
- 30.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 127 times
- 29.11.2017Turkish Air Force commander arrives in Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat readiness of rocket and artillery units on frontline
- 29.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views military unit in Tartar district
- 28.11.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 28.11.2017Cadets of Azerbaijan High Military School start field exit
- 28.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 27.11.2017Defense Ministry leadership attend opening of new residential complex for officers
- 27.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 25.11.2017State Commission: Measures are underway to return Azerbaijani soldier’s body
- 25.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Air Force of Azerbaijan conducts tactical exercises
- 24.11.2017Pakistani delegation visits Azerbaijan’s military educational institutions
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish air forces hold staff talks
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan creating new military formations
- 24.11.2017NATO Days held in Azerbaijan Armed Forces
- 24.11.2017Revised draft law on Azerbaijani Armed Forces to be tabled in parliament
- 24.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 134 times
- 23.11.2017Body of Azerbaijani soldier found near Armenian army positions
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss cooperation in security and military spheres
- 23.11.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 22.11.2017Chairman of Pakistan’s Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Artillery shell found in center of Beylagan city
- 06.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss expanding military co-op
- 05.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times
- 05.12.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan becomes full member of International Committee of Military Medicine