Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,868 people listed as missing due to Armenian military aggression
As of September 1, 2017, the Azerbaijani State Commission on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing Persons listed 3,868 people as missing as a result of the Armenian military aggression, the commission’s secretary, head of the working group, Ismayil Akhundov, said on Tuesday, APA reported.
According to him, the State Commission’s working group has been carried out serious and urgent work over the two past years to specify the list of missing persons.
“The work has already been completed. However, given the sensitive and humanitarian aspects of the problem, it is possible make minor changes to the list,” he said.
He noted that the State Commission registered 3,868 people as missing as of September 1, 2017.
“Of them, 3,126 are servicemen while 742 are civilians, including 62 children, 262 women, 302 elderly people,” said Akhundov.
He went on to say that some 872 missing persons are reported to have been captured or taken hostage by Armenian servicemen during intensive military operation.
“Of them, 591 are servicemen and 281 are civilians, including 29 children, 98 women and 111 elderly people,” Akhundov said, stressing that Armenia violated the norms of international law during the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Related news releases
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates new military unit on frontline
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits military units at border with Armenia
- 19.09.2017NATO training team begins seminar in Baku
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey continue "TurAz Qartalı 2017" joint exercise
- 19.09.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates new residential complex of Air Force
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister attends "TurAz Qartalı 2017" exercises opening ceremony
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan launches large-scale military exercises
- 18.09.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 18.09.2017"TurAz Qartalı 2017" exercises begin in Azerbaijan
- 16.09.2017F-16 Fighter aircrafts of Turkish Air Force participating in "TurAz Qartalı-2017" exercises arrive in Azerbaijan
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Armed Forces to hold large-scale exercises
- 15.09.2017Another group of Turkish military aviation in Azerbaijan for joint drills
- 15.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 14.09.2017Representatives of Turkish Air Force arrive in Azerbaijan to attend joint drills
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish Air Forces to hold joint drills
- 14.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits Command and Control Center of Israeli Armed Forces
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial
- 12.09.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 134 times
- 11.09.2017Ministers of Defense of Azerbaijan and Israel held a meeting
- 11.09.2017NATO’s Agile Spirit 2017 drills end in Georgia
- 11.09.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 11.09.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Israel
- 09.09.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.09.2017Chairman of the NATO Military Committee and Chief of Russian General Staff hold meeting in Baku
- 07.09.2017Monument to military figures of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic unveiled in Warsaw
- 07.09.2017Chief of Russian General Staff thanks Azerbaijan for organization of meeting with NATO’s senior military officer
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives chief of Russian General Staff - UPDATED
- 07.09.2017Azerbaijan, NATO mull military cooperation
- 07.09.2017Chief of Russian General Staff arrives in Baku
- 07.09.2017NATO Military Committee Chairman and Chief of Russian General Staff to meet in Baku
- 07.09.2017Armenia 119 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister attends int’l defense industry exhibition in Poland
- 06.09.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund’s assets grow
- 05.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.09.2017Russia, Turkey sign deal on S-400 systems delivery
- 13.09.2017Armenia 130 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 12.09.2017Defense Minister Hasanov meets brother of Azerbaijani national hero Albert Agarunov
- 12.09.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service calls on residents of frontline settlements to carefully use Internet, mobile technologies