Azerbaijani, Russian defense ministers sign Cooperation Plan for 2015 - PHOTO
Baku – APA. Azerbaijani Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov has received his Russian counterpart, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu.
The delegation of the Russian Defense Ministry first paid respect to the graves of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Zarifa Aliyeva in the Alley of Honor, APA reports.
The guests also visited the graves of Azerbaijani citizens died for the country’s independence and territorial integrity in the Alley of Martyrs.
Later on, the Defense Ministry held an official welcoming ceremony. The flags of both countries were hoisted, and a guard of honor lined up for the guest. After the chief of the guard of honor reported to the guest, the state anthems of the two countries were performed. In accordance with the official protocol, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu signed the Book of Honor.
During the extensive meeting, Z.Hasanov said cooperation between the two countries has been built upon friendly relations and mutual trust, adding that these relations are developing on a continuous basis. The Azerbaijani defense minister reminded the guests of the fact that Azerbaijan’s territories were occupied as a result of military aggression by Armenia and that about a million Azerbaijanis were consequently forced out of their homes becoming IDPs and refugees.
In his turn, S.Shoigu said relations between the two states stand to strong friendly relations and that Russia is an important partner of Azerbaijan’s.
Then the parties had an exchange of views on international and regional security and military cooperation in the Caspian Sea, discussing the primary directions of cooperation in the military-technical and military-educative spheres as well as other issues of common interest. At the end of the meeting, the defense ministers signed the Cooperation Plan for 2015 between the two countries.
After the talks, a briefing was held for media representatives.
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit China
- 25.04.2018OSCE monitors border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 24.04.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement regarding current situation in Armenia
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani MoD: Appropriate measures to be taken against Armenian provocations
- 23.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 93 times
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Some countries imposed unfounded restrictions on arms sale to Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Smuggling of nuclear components from Armenia continues
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov meets with top NATO general
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan’s rocket and artillery units conduct tactical exercises - VİDEO
- 19.04.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 18.04.2018Shrapnel could not be extracted from body of Azerbaijani civilian wounded in Armenian shelling, says surgeon - UPDATED
- 18.04.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 17.04.2018Baku hosts course as part of NATO Operational Capabilities Concept Program
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani army downs Armenian drone
- 17.04.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 17.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.04.2018Military units of the armed forces of Armenia violated ceasefire 87 times
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani MoD dismisses reports on alleged shelling of Armenian civilian truck
- 12.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 11.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.04.2018US National Defense University delegation arrives in Baku
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement
- 09.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Any possible provocations by enemy on eve of elections to be prevented
- 07.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 102 times
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards detain 1,344 wanted people since early 2018
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "Strengthening the military potential of our country is one of the main priorities"
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijan, Iran mull military cooperation
- 04.04.201825 shells found in Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018U.S. ground troop experts launch seminar in Baku
- 03.04.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend Moscow Int’l Security Conference
- 03.04.2018ANAMA disarms 1,541 UXOs, 1 anti-tank mine in March
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijan’s rocket and artillery units conduct live-fire stage of drills - VIDEO
- 02.04.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund revealed
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia sign memorandum of understanding in field of defense
- 14.10.2014Armenians violate ceasefire 21 times
- 14.10.2014Azerbaijani to increase defense spending for 2015
- 14.10.201457 Azerbaijani servicemen currently studying at Russian military schools, Sergei Shoigu says
- 13.10.2014Armenians violate ceasefire 22 times
- 11.10.2014Defense Minister of Russia to pay official visit to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2014Istanbul to host 7th planning workshop of NATO's collective regional exercise (REGEX-14)
Top news of the day