Azerbaijani, Russian defense ministers sign Cooperation Plan for 2015 - PHOTO
Baku – APA. Azerbaijani Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov has received his Russian counterpart, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu.
The delegation of the Russian Defense Ministry first paid respect to the graves of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Zarifa Aliyeva in the Alley of Honor, APA reports.
The guests also visited the graves of Azerbaijani citizens died for the country’s independence and territorial integrity in the Alley of Martyrs.
Later on, the Defense Ministry held an official welcoming ceremony. The flags of both countries were hoisted, and a guard of honor lined up for the guest. After the chief of the guard of honor reported to the guest, the state anthems of the two countries were performed. In accordance with the official protocol, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu signed the Book of Honor.
During the extensive meeting, Z.Hasanov said cooperation between the two countries has been built upon friendly relations and mutual trust, adding that these relations are developing on a continuous basis. The Azerbaijani defense minister reminded the guests of the fact that Azerbaijan’s territories were occupied as a result of military aggression by Armenia and that about a million Azerbaijanis were consequently forced out of their homes becoming IDPs and refugees.
In his turn, S.Shoigu said relations between the two states stand to strong friendly relations and that Russia is an important partner of Azerbaijan’s.
Then the parties had an exchange of views on international and regional security and military cooperation in the Caspian Sea, discussing the primary directions of cooperation in the military-technical and military-educative spheres as well as other issues of common interest. At the end of the meeting, the defense ministers signed the Cooperation Plan for 2015 between the two countries.
After the talks, a briefing was held for media representatives.
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijan checks combat training level of mortar units stationed on frontline
- 17.01.2017Armenia fires at Azerbaijani army positions from reactive flamethrower
- 17.01.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.01.2017Armenia again aggravates situation on frontline: Azerbaijani Defense Ministry
- 16.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 42 times
- 14.01.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly-constructed ship of State Border Service
- 13.01.2017Armenian drone drops explosive on Azerbaijani territory: Defense Ministry
- 13.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 50 times
- 12.01.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov visits Azerbaijani-Armenian border
- 12.01.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 12.01.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2017Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new barrack, military-household complex in Nakhchivan
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 11.01.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 11.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 42 times
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijani President: "Additional measures to be taken for strengthening our military potential"
- 10.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 40 times
- 09.01.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 36 times
- 07.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 39 times
- 06.01.2017ANAMA disarms 1068 UXOs, 14 mines in December
- 06.01.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.01.2017Armed incident in Armenian military unit in Karabakh leaves two wounded
- 05.01.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund exceed 79M manats
- 05.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 36 times
- 04.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 31 times
- 03.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 38 times
- 02.01.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijan accuses Armenia of spreading disinformation
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijan says Armenia’s leadership bears responsibility for latest diversion attempt
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijan appeals to int’l organizations to get back body of its soldier killed by Armenians
- 29.12.2016December 29 diversion was pre-planned by Yerevan: retired general
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijani army intercepts Armenian drone
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijan denies Armenian media reports of military losses
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijan: Investigation underway to ascertain fate of missing soldier
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijani army prevents Armenian diversion, enemy suffers losses
- 29.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 39 times
- 28.12.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan, Bahrain mull prospects of military co-op
- 27.12.2016Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 46 times
- 14.10.2014Armenians violate ceasefire 21 times
- 14.10.2014Azerbaijani to increase defense spending for 2015
- 14.10.201457 Azerbaijani servicemen currently studying at Russian military schools, Sergei Shoigu says
- 13.10.2014Armenians violate ceasefire 22 times
- 11.10.2014Defense Minister of Russia to pay official visit to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2014Istanbul to host 7th planning workshop of NATO's collective regional exercise (REGEX-14)
Top news of the day