Azerbaijani, Russian defense ministers sign Cooperation Plan for 2015 - PHOTO
Baku – APA. Azerbaijani Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov has received his Russian counterpart, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu.
The delegation of the Russian Defense Ministry first paid respect to the graves of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Zarifa Aliyeva in the Alley of Honor, APA reports.
The guests also visited the graves of Azerbaijani citizens died for the country’s independence and territorial integrity in the Alley of Martyrs.
Later on, the Defense Ministry held an official welcoming ceremony. The flags of both countries were hoisted, and a guard of honor lined up for the guest. After the chief of the guard of honor reported to the guest, the state anthems of the two countries were performed. In accordance with the official protocol, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu signed the Book of Honor.
During the extensive meeting, Z.Hasanov said cooperation between the two countries has been built upon friendly relations and mutual trust, adding that these relations are developing on a continuous basis. The Azerbaijani defense minister reminded the guests of the fact that Azerbaijan’s territories were occupied as a result of military aggression by Armenia and that about a million Azerbaijanis were consequently forced out of their homes becoming IDPs and refugees.
In his turn, S.Shoigu said relations between the two states stand to strong friendly relations and that Russia is an important partner of Azerbaijan’s.
Then the parties had an exchange of views on international and regional security and military cooperation in the Caspian Sea, discussing the primary directions of cooperation in the military-technical and military-educative spheres as well as other issues of common interest. At the end of the meeting, the defense ministers signed the Cooperation Plan for 2015 between the two countries.
After the talks, a briefing was held for media representatives.
- 22.09.2017Combat helicopters involved in Azerbaijan-Turkey joint drills
- 22.09.2017Russian warships leave Baku port
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister attends opening of field command post park
- 22.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2017Remarks by Supreme Commander-in-Chief at UN are order for Azerbaijani army – defense minister
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani army holds live-fire stage of large-scale drills
- 21.09.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss military-technical cooperation
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani emergency situations minister meets Pakistani Air Force commander
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inspects formations, units intended for mobilization
- 20.09.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates new military unit on frontline
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits military units at border with Armenia
- 19.09.2017NATO training team begins seminar in Baku
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey continue "TurAz Qartalı 2017" joint exercise
- 19.09.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates new residential complex of Air Force
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister attends "TurAz Qartalı 2017" exercises opening ceremony
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan launches large-scale military exercises
- 18.09.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 18.09.2017"TurAz Qartalı 2017" exercises begin in Azerbaijan
- 16.09.2017F-16 Fighter aircrafts of Turkish Air Force participating in "TurAz Qartalı-2017" exercises arrive in Azerbaijan
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Armed Forces to hold large-scale exercises
- 15.09.2017Another group of Turkish military aviation in Azerbaijan for joint drills
- 15.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 14.09.2017Representatives of Turkish Air Force arrive in Azerbaijan to attend joint drills
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish Air Forces to hold joint drills
- 14.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits Command and Control Center of Israeli Armed Forces
- 13.09.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 13.09.2017Armenia 130 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.09.2017Russia, Turkey sign deal on S-400 systems delivery
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,868 people listed as missing due to Armenian military aggression
- 12.09.2017Defense Minister Hasanov meets brother of Azerbaijani national hero Albert Agarunov
- 12.09.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service calls on residents of frontline settlements to carefully use Internet, mobile technologies
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial
- 12.09.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 134 times
- 11.09.2017Ministers of Defense of Azerbaijan and Israel held a meeting
- 11.09.2017NATO’s Agile Spirit 2017 drills end in Georgia
- 14.10.2014Armenians violate ceasefire 21 times
- 14.10.2014Azerbaijani to increase defense spending for 2015
- 14.10.201457 Azerbaijani servicemen currently studying at Russian military schools, Sergei Shoigu says
- 13.10.2014Armenians violate ceasefire 22 times
- 11.10.2014Defense Minister of Russia to pay official visit to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2014Istanbul to host 7th planning workshop of NATO's collective regional exercise (REGEX-14)
Top news of the day