Azerbaijani, Russian defense ministers sign Cooperation Plan for 2015 - PHOTO
Baku – APA. Azerbaijani Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov has received his Russian counterpart, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu.
The delegation of the Russian Defense Ministry first paid respect to the graves of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Zarifa Aliyeva in the Alley of Honor, APA reports.
The guests also visited the graves of Azerbaijani citizens died for the country’s independence and territorial integrity in the Alley of Martyrs.
Later on, the Defense Ministry held an official welcoming ceremony. The flags of both countries were hoisted, and a guard of honor lined up for the guest. After the chief of the guard of honor reported to the guest, the state anthems of the two countries were performed. In accordance with the official protocol, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu signed the Book of Honor.
During the extensive meeting, Z.Hasanov said cooperation between the two countries has been built upon friendly relations and mutual trust, adding that these relations are developing on a continuous basis. The Azerbaijani defense minister reminded the guests of the fact that Azerbaijan’s territories were occupied as a result of military aggression by Armenia and that about a million Azerbaijanis were consequently forced out of their homes becoming IDPs and refugees.
In his turn, S.Shoigu said relations between the two states stand to strong friendly relations and that Russia is an important partner of Azerbaijan’s.
Then the parties had an exchange of views on international and regional security and military cooperation in the Caspian Sea, discussing the primary directions of cooperation in the military-technical and military-educative spheres as well as other issues of common interest. At the end of the meeting, the defense ministers signed the Cooperation Plan for 2015 between the two countries.
After the talks, a briefing was held for media representatives.
- 26.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 130 times in 24 hours
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani MoD: Armenia’s defamatory information aimed at blackmailing int’l organizations
- 25.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 24.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish special forces to hold joint drills
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgia and Turkey mull prospects for military co-op - UPDATED
- 23.05.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish defense ministers to meet in Batumi
- 22.05.2017Georgian PM meets Azerbaijani defense minister
- 22.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 20.05.2017NATO evaluation exercise carried out with company of Operational Capabilities Concept
- 20.05.2017Armenia throws nearly 50 shell at Azerbaijani positions
- 19.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijani MoD: Armenia’s combat and non-combat losses are more than official figures suggest
- 18.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using machine guns, mortars
- 17.05.2017MoD: Armenia confirmed to have shelled Azerbaijani settlements
- 17.05.2017Armenian army opened fire at Azerbaijani settlements: MoD
- 17.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 16.05.2017Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff to attend NATO meeting
- 16.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 13.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 140 times
- 12.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.05.2017MoD: Vehicle allegedly belonging to Armenian TV company opens fire at Azerbaijani army positions, gets retaliated against
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani defense industry enterprises, Turkey’s ASELSAN sign 4 memos
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan test-fires Shimshak combat module
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan soon to start exporting Yalguzag sniper rifles
- 11.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 10.05.2017Minister: Azerbaijan to begin producing UAVs with both reconnaissance and assault capabilities - INTERVIEW
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijan rejects 'Mossad role' in exposing group involved in conspiracy with Armenians
- 10.05.2017New aircraft presented for Azerbaijani Air Force
- 10.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.05.2017Azerbaijani Defense Minister attending IDEF-2017
- 09.05.2017Russia holds Victory Day military parade
- 09.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 111 times
- 08.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2017Armenia's provocation plan timely elicited in Tartar direction - Azerbaijani MoD
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey finish joint military drills
- 05.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2014Armenians violate ceasefire 21 times
- 14.10.2014Azerbaijani to increase defense spending for 2015
- 14.10.201457 Azerbaijani servicemen currently studying at Russian military schools, Sergei Shoigu says
- 13.10.2014Armenians violate ceasefire 22 times
- 11.10.2014Defense Minister of Russia to pay official visit to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2014Istanbul to host 7th planning workshop of NATO's collective regional exercise (REGEX-14)
Top news of the day