Azerbaijani, Russian defense ministers sign Cooperation Plan for 2015 - PHOTO
Baku – APA. Azerbaijani Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov has received his Russian counterpart, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu.
The delegation of the Russian Defense Ministry first paid respect to the graves of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Zarifa Aliyeva in the Alley of Honor, APA reports.
The guests also visited the graves of Azerbaijani citizens died for the country’s independence and territorial integrity in the Alley of Martyrs.
Later on, the Defense Ministry held an official welcoming ceremony. The flags of both countries were hoisted, and a guard of honor lined up for the guest. After the chief of the guard of honor reported to the guest, the state anthems of the two countries were performed. In accordance with the official protocol, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu signed the Book of Honor.
During the extensive meeting, Z.Hasanov said cooperation between the two countries has been built upon friendly relations and mutual trust, adding that these relations are developing on a continuous basis. The Azerbaijani defense minister reminded the guests of the fact that Azerbaijan’s territories were occupied as a result of military aggression by Armenia and that about a million Azerbaijanis were consequently forced out of their homes becoming IDPs and refugees.
In his turn, S.Shoigu said relations between the two states stand to strong friendly relations and that Russia is an important partner of Azerbaijan’s.
Then the parties had an exchange of views on international and regional security and military cooperation in the Caspian Sea, discussing the primary directions of cooperation in the military-technical and military-educative spheres as well as other issues of common interest. At the end of the meeting, the defense ministers signed the Cooperation Plan for 2015 between the two countries.
After the talks, a briefing was held for media representatives.
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations pays visit to UAE
- 20.02.2017SIPRI: Arms imports by Azerbaijan were 20 times higher than those of Armenia in 2012–16
- 20.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2017ANAMA finds 78 shrapnels in road to be constructed in Jojug Marjanli village
- 18.02.2017Retired general: Deaths in Armenian army are due to disorders
- 18.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 26 times
- 17.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 40 times
- 16.02.2017Top US military official thanks Azerbaijan for hosting meeting with his Russian counterpart
- 16.02.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan: investigation underway into Elnur Huseynzade’s case
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan continues investigation into April battles: military prosecutor
- 16.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2017Russian Defense Ministry announces meeting of US, Russian General Staffs in Baku
- 15.02.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 15.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijani border guards detain armed trespasser
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani parliament adopts bill on martial law - UPDATED
- 14.02.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 22 times
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijani army destroys Armenian subversive group - VIDEO
- 13.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.02.2017Zakir Hasanov holds consultation at Central Command Post of Armed Forces
- 11.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijani soldier dies in avalanche: Defense Ministry
- 10.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 36 times
- 09.02.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2017Azerbaijani army prevents another Armenian diversion
- 08.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 39 times
- 07.02.2017Martyred Azerbaijani soldier Chingiz Gurbanov awarded posthumous title of National Hero
- 07.02.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 07.02.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2017Martyred Azerbaijani soldier laid to rest in hometown - UPDATED
- 06.02.2017Azerbaijan, Ukraine to mull military-technical cooperation
- 06.02.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 34 times
- 06.02.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 06.02.2017Farewell ceremony held for martyred soldier Chingiz Gurbanov - UPDATED
- 04.02.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inspects readiness of military units on frontline
- 03.02.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan inaugurates another military camp on front line
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijani MoD releases another statement on Elnur Huseynzade
- 14.10.2014Armenians violate ceasefire 21 times
- 14.10.2014Azerbaijani to increase defense spending for 2015
- 14.10.201457 Azerbaijani servicemen currently studying at Russian military schools, Sergei Shoigu says
- 13.10.2014Armenians violate ceasefire 22 times
- 11.10.2014Defense Minister of Russia to pay official visit to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2014Istanbul to host 7th planning workshop of NATO's collective regional exercise (REGEX-14)
Top news of the day