Azerbaijani, Russian defense ministers sign Cooperation Plan for 2015 - PHOTO
Baku – APA. Azerbaijani Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov has received his Russian counterpart, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu.
The delegation of the Russian Defense Ministry first paid respect to the graves of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Zarifa Aliyeva in the Alley of Honor, APA reports.
The guests also visited the graves of Azerbaijani citizens died for the country’s independence and territorial integrity in the Alley of Martyrs.
Later on, the Defense Ministry held an official welcoming ceremony. The flags of both countries were hoisted, and a guard of honor lined up for the guest. After the chief of the guard of honor reported to the guest, the state anthems of the two countries were performed. In accordance with the official protocol, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu signed the Book of Honor.
During the extensive meeting, Z.Hasanov said cooperation between the two countries has been built upon friendly relations and mutual trust, adding that these relations are developing on a continuous basis. The Azerbaijani defense minister reminded the guests of the fact that Azerbaijan’s territories were occupied as a result of military aggression by Armenia and that about a million Azerbaijanis were consequently forced out of their homes becoming IDPs and refugees.
In his turn, S.Shoigu said relations between the two states stand to strong friendly relations and that Russia is an important partner of Azerbaijan’s.
Then the parties had an exchange of views on international and regional security and military cooperation in the Caspian Sea, discussing the primary directions of cooperation in the military-technical and military-educative spheres as well as other issues of common interest. At the end of the meeting, the defense ministers signed the Cooperation Plan for 2015 between the two countries.
After the talks, a briefing was held for media representatives.
- 25.08.2016Azerbaijani Naval Forces completes large-scale exercise
- 25.08.2016Azerbaijani defense minister receives Moldovan ambassador
- 25.08.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.08.2016Azerbaijan Naval Forces holds live-fire exercises
- 24.08.2016Armenians violate ceasefire 18 times
- 23.08.2016Armenian armed units violate ceasefire 17 times
- 22.08.2016Armenian armed units violate ceasefire 10 times
- 20.08.2016Armenian armed units violate ceasefire 17 times
- 19.08.2016Armenian armed units violate ceasefire 17 times
- 18.08.2016Azerbaijani and US experts conducting experience sharing
- 18.08.2016Armenian armed units violate ceasefire 11 times
- 17.08.2016OSCE holds monitoring on Azerbaijan-Armenia state border
- 17.08.2016Armenian armed units violate ceasefire 13 times
- 16.08.2016SBS servicemen promoted to higher military ranks
- 16.08.2016US military officers holding seminar in Baku
- 16.08.2016OSCE to conduct monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 16.08.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 16 times
- 15.08.2016Shoygu: Russia is an important partner of Azerbaijan
- 15.08.2016Russian military institutions to accept another 88 Azerbaijanis
- 15.08.2016CIS Council of Defense Ministers to meet in November
- 15.08.2016Azerbaijani and Russian defense ministers discussed Karabakh conflict
- 15.08.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 19 times
- 14.08.2016Russian Defence Minister to pay working visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.08.2016Caspian Cup 2016 ends
- 13.08.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 11 times
- 12.08.2016Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov departs for Russia
- 12.08.2016Armenian armed units continue violating ceasefire
- 11.08.2016Defense minister observes exercises of Special Forces
- 11.08.201656 border violators detained in Azerbaijan last month
- 11.08.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 16 times
- 10.08.2016Presıdent Ilham Aliyev viewed “Laza” outpost of Shaki Border Unit
- 10.08.2016Azerbaijan cancels authorities of Defense Ministry on funeral of servicemen of some categories
- 10.08.2016Agreement on opening of “Russian Helicopters” Service in Azerbaijan to be signed in September
- 10.08.2016Armenian armed units continue violating ceasefire
- 09.08.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 20 times
- 08.08.20162nd Azerbaijan international defence exhibition’s work extended
- 08.08.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 19 times
- 07.08.2016Azerbaijani peacekeepers have returned from Afghanistan
- 06.08.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 8 times
- 05.08.2016Azerbaijani defense minister meets with Iranian ambassador
- 14.10.2014Armenians violate ceasefire 21 times
- 14.10.2014Azerbaijani to increase defense spending for 2015
- 14.10.201457 Azerbaijani servicemen currently studying at Russian military schools, Sergei Shoigu says
- 13.10.2014Armenians violate ceasefire 22 times
- 11.10.2014Defense Minister of Russia to pay official visit to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2014Istanbul to host 7th planning workshop of NATO's collective regional exercise (REGEX-14)
Top news of the day