Azerbaijani, Russian defense ministers sign Cooperation Plan for 2015 - PHOTO
Baku – APA. Azerbaijani Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov has received his Russian counterpart, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu.
The delegation of the Russian Defense Ministry first paid respect to the graves of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Zarifa Aliyeva in the Alley of Honor, APA reports.
The guests also visited the graves of Azerbaijani citizens died for the country’s independence and territorial integrity in the Alley of Martyrs.
Later on, the Defense Ministry held an official welcoming ceremony. The flags of both countries were hoisted, and a guard of honor lined up for the guest. After the chief of the guard of honor reported to the guest, the state anthems of the two countries were performed. In accordance with the official protocol, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu signed the Book of Honor.
During the extensive meeting, Z.Hasanov said cooperation between the two countries has been built upon friendly relations and mutual trust, adding that these relations are developing on a continuous basis. The Azerbaijani defense minister reminded the guests of the fact that Azerbaijan’s territories were occupied as a result of military aggression by Armenia and that about a million Azerbaijanis were consequently forced out of their homes becoming IDPs and refugees.
In his turn, S.Shoigu said relations between the two states stand to strong friendly relations and that Russia is an important partner of Azerbaijan’s.
Then the parties had an exchange of views on international and regional security and military cooperation in the Caspian Sea, discussing the primary directions of cooperation in the military-technical and military-educative spheres as well as other issues of common interest. At the end of the meeting, the defense ministers signed the Cooperation Plan for 2015 between the two countries.
After the talks, a briefing was held for media representatives.
- 24.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Minsk
- 22.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani army intercepts Armenian quadcopter
- 21.02.2018Iran ready to help Azerbaijan increase its military power – defense minister
- 21.02.2018OSCE monitors border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 21.02.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk meets with head of Gazakh district executive authority
- 21.02.2018Iran's defense minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 135 times
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Belarus
- 20.02.2018OSCE expected to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 20.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Iran's defense minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ex-military official does not rule out ‘Armenian involvement’ in assassination attempt on Israeli defense minister
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan, UK ink military cooperation plan
- 16.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 123
- 15.02.2018Five artillery shells detected in Sumgayit
- 15.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 129 times
- 13.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018NATO training course underway in Baku
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents another border provocation by Armenia - VIDEO
- 12.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2018Tasks set by Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief brought to attention of army’s command staff
- 10.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 09.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia to develop cooperation in defense industry
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s military policy has proved successful
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan accepts into armament new military equipment delivered by Russia
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents Armenian provocation, one enemy soldier killed
- 08.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan's rocket and artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VIDEO
- 07.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 121 times
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia mull prospects for development of military co-op
- 06.02.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 06.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Ramaldanov: Armenia has just been given ‘Kornet-E’ missile complexes, while Azerbaijan has had them for 10 years
- 05.02.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 16.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament approves bill on martial law
- 17.12.2016Azerbaijan sells defense products to US: minister
- 17.12.2016Azerbaijan to produce electromagnetic pulse weapons
- 16.12.2016Azerbaijan to continue bilateral, trilateral military drills in 2017
- 16.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 31 times
- 15.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 33 times
Top news of the day