Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov meets NATO Secretary General's special representative
Azerbaijan’s Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kamaladdin Heydarov received a delegation led by the NATO Secretary General's Special Representative for the Caucasus and Central Asia, James Appathurai, on September 26, the ministry’s press service told APA.
Minister Heydarov outlined the importance of bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and NATO. He spoke about the necessity of developing cooperation in the field of emergency civil planning and crisis management between the Ministry of Emergency Situations and NATO’s relevant bodies.
Giving detailed information about the work done in Azerbaijan to prevent emergencies and eliminate their consequences, the minister stressed the importance of regular participation of ministry’s employees in various training, planning meetings, plenary sessions and seminars organized both by NATO and jointly.
Speaking about the importance of existing relations, James Appathurai, in turn, expressed his confidence that mutual visits and meetings will serve to further deepen bilateral relations.
He highly appreciated the regular activities of Emergency Situations Ministry’s employees in NATO training.
The sides also discussed other issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018SEL exercises kick off in Baku as part of Operational Capabilities Concept - VİDEO
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets NATO generals
- 23.05.2018Armenian soldier found dead at combat position
- 23.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 88 times
- 21.05.2018Baku: Armenian reports on alleged involvement of tactical, military aircraft in drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands ‘exaggerated’
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani serviceman killed in Armenian provocation laid to rest
- 21.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 102 times
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s economic growth, increasing military potential brought Armenia to collapse, says defense minister
- 18.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets heads of Turkish, Georgian military educational institutions
- 17.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Combines Arms Army stages live-fire drills in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views Combined Army Unit’s training and educational center, inaugurates newly built military hospital
- 16.05.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.05.2018Baku hosts meeting of chiefs of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian high military educational institutions
- 16.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 92 times
- 15.05.2018Baku hosts NATO Standing Group of Partner Logistics Experts meeting
- 15.05.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates several military facilities
- 14.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.05.2018Defense Minister: "Azerbaijan Army is fully prepared for large-scale combat operations"
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani army capable of performing most challenging tasks: presidential aide
- 11.05.2018Hand grenade and cartridges of various calibers found in Baku
- 11.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan Defense Minister visits "Efes-2018" Exercises Management Center
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan defense minister watches "Efes-2018" int’l exercises
- 10.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan’s high-ranking military officers pay tribute to national hero Albert Agarunov
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Turkey
- 08.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 07.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 04.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.05.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 03.05.2018Armenian army shells civilian truck in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
- 26.09.2017Turkish defense minister due in Azerbaijan for closing ceremony of “Turaz Qartali 2017” drills
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani Defense Minister meets with NATO Secretary General’s Special Representative
- 27.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan’s defense minister meets Italian ambassador
- 26.09.2017Representatives of Georgian Air Force watch "TurAz Qartalı 2017" exercises
- 26.09.2017US allocates $30 mln for demining operations in Azerbaijan