Azerbaijani Defense Ministry dismisses another Armenian disinformation
The websites controlled by the Armenian Defense Minister have once again begun to disseminate false and fake information about the Azerbaijani Army, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry said in a statement on Friday.
This kind of [disinformation] is designed for the internal audience in Armenia, said the defense ministry.
The Armenian side, by disseminating this kind of disinformation, tries to allege that it possesses enough information about the Azerbaijani Armed Forces, said the statement.
“In fact, the recently published letters “full of confidential data” are written so illiterately and inaccurately that their falsity does not cause any doubt,” said the defense ministry. “All this is nothing more than a scrap of paper prepared unprofessionally and inaccurately by Armenia’s special forces and “counter-propaganda experts.”
The statement further said that falsifications and mistakes in the latest letter attract even more attention.
This letter contains a lot of grammatical errors (up to 20 errors) and does not correspond to internal correspondence and record-keeping in the Defense Ministry of Azerbaijan, the defense ministry said, stressing that the dates, figures, places and names indicated in these documents are completely invented.
Moreover, the letter incredibly exaggerates information about the Azerbaijani army losses during last year’s April battles, the defense ministry added.
“Representatives of all media outlets and the public in Azerbaijan took part in the funeral ceremonies for the soldiers martyred during the April battles and witnessed the high appreciation the country’s Supreme Commander-in-Chief gave to our army and how he rewarded our heroes,” said the statement. “Thus, Armenia’s disinformation about the alleged concealment of the number of losses by the Azerbaijani side is nothing but a bluff and does not correspond to any ethical norms.”
Azerbaijan’s defense ministry stated that it is impossible to hide losses in the period of technical progress.
“The figures that the Armenians cite as losses of the Azerbaijani army during the April battles, in fact, reflect the losses the Armenian army suffered, the defense ministry said. “The Armenian leadership, which has not recovered after the April battles, deliberately overestimates the losses of the Azerbaijani side in order to mislead the Armenian population.”
“For some reason, the Armenian leadership forgets that the Azerbaijani army has freed an area of 2,000 hectares from the occupation after conducting a successful counterattack,” added the ministry.
“Such falsification by the Armenian side is another unsuccessful step taken in the Armenian style in response to the facts disseminated in recent days by the Azerbaijani media about negative events in the aggressive Armenian army,” said the defense ministry.
“Trying to whitewash itself, the criminal military-political regime with such news tries to divert the attention of population from the growing number of suicides, violence and other criminal acts among servicemen, which are related to the deplorable situation in the Armenian army.”
“Today Armenia, which faces failure on the frontline, is trying to relatively compensate its failure by “fighting” in the press, virtual space and on paper under the name of an Azerbaijani blogger who has never served in the Azerbaijani army and registered in social networks with a fake IP,” added the defense ministry.
The Azerbaijani defense ministry states that the information and documents disseminated by the Armenian side are completely false, calling on the local media not to succumb to such provocations.
Related news releases
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss military-technical cooperation
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani emergency situations minister meets Pakistani Air Force commander
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inspects formations, units intended for mobilization
- 20.09.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates new military unit on frontline
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits military units at border with Armenia
- 19.09.2017NATO training team begins seminar in Baku
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey continue "TurAz Qartalı 2017" joint exercise
- 19.09.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates new residential complex of Air Force
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister attends "TurAz Qartalı 2017" exercises opening ceremony
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan launches large-scale military exercises
- 18.09.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 18.09.2017"TurAz Qartalı 2017" exercises begin in Azerbaijan
- 16.09.2017F-16 Fighter aircrafts of Turkish Air Force participating in "TurAz Qartalı-2017" exercises arrive in Azerbaijan
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Armed Forces to hold large-scale exercises
- 15.09.2017Another group of Turkish military aviation in Azerbaijan for joint drills
- 15.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 14.09.2017Representatives of Turkish Air Force arrive in Azerbaijan to attend joint drills
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish Air Forces to hold joint drills
- 14.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits Command and Control Center of Israeli Armed Forces
- 13.09.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 13.09.2017Armenia 130 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.09.2017Russia, Turkey sign deal on S-400 systems delivery
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,868 people listed as missing due to Armenian military aggression
- 12.09.2017Defense Minister Hasanov meets brother of Azerbaijani national hero Albert Agarunov
- 12.09.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service calls on residents of frontline settlements to carefully use Internet, mobile technologies
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial
- 12.09.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 134 times
- 11.09.2017Ministers of Defense of Azerbaijan and Israel held a meeting
- 11.09.2017NATO’s Agile Spirit 2017 drills end in Georgia
- 11.09.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 11.09.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Israel
- 09.09.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.09.2017Chairman of the NATO Military Committee and Chief of Russian General Staff hold meeting in Baku
- 07.09.2017Monument to military figures of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic unveiled in Warsaw
- 19.08.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.08.2017President, Supreme Commander Ilham Aliyev viewed Mobile Field Surgical Hospital of Defense Ministry
- 21.08.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 119 times
- 18.08.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 17.08.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.08.2017President awards State Border Service employees