Azerbaijani defense minister meets Turkish navy commander
Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov on Wednesday met with a delegation led by Commander of the Turkish Naval Forces, Fleet Admiral Bulent Bostanoglu, who is on an official visit to the country.
Prior to the meeting, the Turkish delegation led by Bostanoglu visited the grave of Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev in the Alley of Honor and laid a wreath at his monument. The Turkish delegation also visited the Alley of Martyrs and laid wreaths at the Eternal Flame and the monument raised in honor of the Turkish soldiers who were martyred in 1918.
Then a meeting was held at Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry.
Minister Hasanov stressed that the military cooperation between Azerbaijan and Turkey is built on friendly and fraternal relations. He noted that bilateral relations that are mutually beneficial for both countries are constantly developing.
The sides discussed the prospects for the expansion of relations in the military, military-technical and military education spheres between Azerbaijan and Turkey.
They stressed the importance of mutual visits of expert groups and military specialists with the aim of increasing combat readiness, conducting joint exercises and exchanging views, as well as developing relations between the naval forces of the two countries.
Expressing his satisfaction with the visit to Azerbaijan, Bostanoglu underlined the importance of these meetings and the expansion of mutual ties in strengthening Azerbaijan-Turkey ties.
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Minsk
- 22.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani army intercepts Armenian quadcopter
- 21.02.2018Iran ready to help Azerbaijan increase its military power – defense minister
- 21.02.2018OSCE monitors border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 21.02.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk meets with head of Gazakh district executive authority
- 21.02.2018Iran's defense minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 135 times
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Belarus
- 20.02.2018OSCE expected to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 20.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Iran's defense minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ex-military official does not rule out ‘Armenian involvement’ in assassination attempt on Israeli defense minister
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan, UK ink military cooperation plan
- 16.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 123
- 15.02.2018Five artillery shells detected in Sumgayit
- 15.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 129 times
- 13.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018NATO training course underway in Baku
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents another border provocation by Armenia - VIDEO
- 12.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2018Tasks set by Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief brought to attention of army’s command staff
- 10.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 09.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia to develop cooperation in defense industry
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s military policy has proved successful
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan accepts into armament new military equipment delivered by Russia
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents Armenian provocation, one enemy soldier killed
- 08.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan's rocket and artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VIDEO
- 07.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 121 times
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia mull prospects for development of military co-op
- 06.02.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 06.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Ramaldanov: Armenia has just been given ‘Kornet-E’ missile complexes, while Azerbaijan has had them for 10 years
- 05.02.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 05.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 12.04.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss issues of naval cooperation
- 13.04.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2017Armenia begins military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 12.04.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 12.04.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 11.04.2017Turkish Navy commander arrives in Azerbaijan