Azerbaijani defense minister meets Turkish navy commander
Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov on Wednesday met with a delegation led by Commander of the Turkish Naval Forces, Fleet Admiral Bulent Bostanoglu, who is on an official visit to the country.
Prior to the meeting, the Turkish delegation led by Bostanoglu visited the grave of Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev in the Alley of Honor and laid a wreath at his monument. The Turkish delegation also visited the Alley of Martyrs and laid wreaths at the Eternal Flame and the monument raised in honor of the Turkish soldiers who were martyred in 1918.
Then a meeting was held at Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry.
Minister Hasanov stressed that the military cooperation between Azerbaijan and Turkey is built on friendly and fraternal relations. He noted that bilateral relations that are mutually beneficial for both countries are constantly developing.
The sides discussed the prospects for the expansion of relations in the military, military-technical and military education spheres between Azerbaijan and Turkey.
They stressed the importance of mutual visits of expert groups and military specialists with the aim of increasing combat readiness, conducting joint exercises and exchanging views, as well as developing relations between the naval forces of the two countries.
Expressing his satisfaction with the visit to Azerbaijan, Bostanoglu underlined the importance of these meetings and the expansion of mutual ties in strengthening Azerbaijan-Turkey ties.
- 23.11.2017Body of Azerbaijani soldier found near Armenian army positions
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss cooperation in security and military spheres
- 23.11.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 22.11.2017Chairman of Pakistan’s Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 22.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister receives delegation of UAE National Defense College
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani army holds live-fire stage of Command-Staff War Games
- 20.11.2017NATO Days in Azerbaijan Armed Forces
- 20.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.11.2017The troops of the Nakhchivan garrison continue activity in the Command-Staff War Games - VIDEO
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister holds meeting with command staff involved in war games
- 17.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan sign plan for military cooperation
- 16.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani army to hold command-staff war games
- 15.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 14.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 10.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.11.2017Defense minister addresses NATO meeting
- 09.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 125 times
- 08.11.2017Military experts of Azerbaijan and Germany hold meeting
- 08.11.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 08.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.11.2017Military attachés accredited to Azerbaijan visit Naval Forces
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister to attend NATO meeting
- 07.11.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 07.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 133 times
- 06.11.2017Azerbaijan to institute ‘Rashadat’ order for Armed Forces
- 06.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 03.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves agreement on training of Afghan servicemen in Azerbaijan
- 03.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.11.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov and Andrzej Kasprzyk mull current situation on contact line
- 02.11.2017Armenia resorts to provocation on border with Azerbaijan
- 02.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.11.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund exceed AZN 86 mln
- 01.11.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 31.10.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,500 times in October
- 31.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 12.04.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss issues of naval cooperation
- 13.04.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2017Armenia begins military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 12.04.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 12.04.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 11.04.2017Turkish Navy commander arrives in Azerbaijan