Azerbaijani defense industry enterprises, Turkey’s ASELSAN sign 4 memos
A delegation of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry, which is taking part in the IDEF-2017 in Istanbul, held meetings with representatives of a number of foreign defense industry companies in connection with the export of Azerbaijani-made defense products, the country’s defense industry minister, Yavar Jamalov, told APA.
The Defense Industry Ministry is currently working to increase its exports, according to the minister.
On the second day of the exhibition, four memorandums were signed between Azerbaijan’s defense industry enterprises (the ministry’s Scientific-Research Institute, Cihaz and Optika-Mexanika production units) and Turkey’s ASELSAN.
The memorandums envisage the production of various devices and weapon systems jointly with ASELSAN.
Minister Jamalov noted that the Defense Industry Ministry and Turkish company Otakar, engaged in manufacturing military equipment, reached an agreement on the production and repair of armored vehicles in Azerbaijan.
Within the framework of the exhibition, Vestel Savunma and AYESAŞ companies of Turkey held a presentation for representatives of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces. Information was given about the projects implemented by AYESAŞ, a venture of ZORLU Group, in the aviation sector in Turkey and NATO.
The Azerbaijani delegation also held a meeting with leaders of ASELSAN and ROKETSAN companies, during which the current and future projects were discussed.
In addition, a brief presentation of Mi-17 helicopter, which belongs to Azerbaijan’s Air Force and was modernized by ASELSAN, was held as part of the exhibition.
ROKETSAN informed about Khan tactical missile with a range of 290km and SOM cruise missile. Videos of fires by both missiles were displayed.
It should be noted it is the fifth time that Azerbaijan participates in the IDEF exhibition. At the IDEF-2017, Azerbaijan’s Defense Industry Ministry for the first time displayed artillery shells of various caliber, Tufan mine-resistant ambush protected vehicle and Vashag sniper rifle.
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Minsk
- 22.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani army intercepts Armenian quadcopter
- 21.02.2018Iran ready to help Azerbaijan increase its military power – defense minister
- 21.02.2018OSCE monitors border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 21.02.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk meets with head of Gazakh district executive authority
- 21.02.2018Iran's defense minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 135 times
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Belarus
- 20.02.2018OSCE expected to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 20.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Iran's defense minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ex-military official does not rule out ‘Armenian involvement’ in assassination attempt on Israeli defense minister
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan, UK ink military cooperation plan
- 16.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 123
- 15.02.2018Five artillery shells detected in Sumgayit
- 15.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 129 times
- 13.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018NATO training course underway in Baku
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents another border provocation by Armenia - VIDEO
- 12.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2018Tasks set by Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief brought to attention of army’s command staff
- 10.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 09.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia to develop cooperation in defense industry
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s military policy has proved successful
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan accepts into armament new military equipment delivered by Russia
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents Armenian provocation, one enemy soldier killed
- 08.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan's rocket and artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VIDEO
- 07.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 121 times
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia mull prospects for development of military co-op
- 06.02.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 06.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Ramaldanov: Armenia has just been given ‘Kornet-E’ missile complexes, while Azerbaijan has had them for 10 years
- 05.02.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 05.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 11.05.2017MoD: Vehicle allegedly belonging to Armenian TV company opens fire at Azerbaijani army positions, gets retaliated against
- 12.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 140 times
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan test-fires Shimshak combat module
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan soon to start exporting Yalguzag sniper rifles
- 11.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours