Azerbaijani defense industry enterprises, Turkey’s ASELSAN sign 4 memos
A delegation of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry, which is taking part in the IDEF-2017 in Istanbul, held meetings with representatives of a number of foreign defense industry companies in connection with the export of Azerbaijani-made defense products, the country’s defense industry minister, Yavar Jamalov, told APA.
The Defense Industry Ministry is currently working to increase its exports, according to the minister.
On the second day of the exhibition, four memorandums were signed between Azerbaijan’s defense industry enterprises (the ministry’s Scientific-Research Institute, Cihaz and Optika-Mexanika production units) and Turkey’s ASELSAN.
The memorandums envisage the production of various devices and weapon systems jointly with ASELSAN.
Minister Jamalov noted that the Defense Industry Ministry and Turkish company Otakar, engaged in manufacturing military equipment, reached an agreement on the production and repair of armored vehicles in Azerbaijan.
Within the framework of the exhibition, Vestel Savunma and AYESAŞ companies of Turkey held a presentation for representatives of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces. Information was given about the projects implemented by AYESAŞ, a venture of ZORLU Group, in the aviation sector in Turkey and NATO.
The Azerbaijani delegation also held a meeting with leaders of ASELSAN and ROKETSAN companies, during which the current and future projects were discussed.
In addition, a brief presentation of Mi-17 helicopter, which belongs to Azerbaijan’s Air Force and was modernized by ASELSAN, was held as part of the exhibition.
ROKETSAN informed about Khan tactical missile with a range of 290km and SOM cruise missile. Videos of fires by both missiles were displayed.
It should be noted it is the fifth time that Azerbaijan participates in the IDEF exhibition. At the IDEF-2017, Azerbaijan’s Defense Industry Ministry for the first time displayed artillery shells of various caliber, Tufan mine-resistant ambush protected vehicle and Vashag sniper rifle.
- 27.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 155 times
- 26.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 128 times
- 25.07.2017Azerbaijani members of tank crew take part in draw of 'Tank biathlon' contest
- 25.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 24.07.2017Defense Ministry: Armenia wants to justify its provocations against Azerbaijani civilians
- 24.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 155 times
- 23.07.2017Russian warships arrive in Baku - VIDEO
- 22.07.2017Iranian and Kazakh warships arrive in Baku
- 22.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 132 times
- 21.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 19.07.2017OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops passes without incidents
- 19.07.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat readiness of personnel in Navy Training Complex
- 18.07.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 18.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times
- 17.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 127 times in 24 hours
- 15.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 114 times in 24 hours
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan opens Center for Maintenance and Repair of Communication Means for Armed Forces
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan considers purchasing more weapons from Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan says it’s studying Russia’s experience in Syria operations
- 13.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 12.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army capable of destroying any target in occupied lands
- 12.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017Special medal established in honor of Azerbaijani Army’s 100th anniversary
- 11.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 133 times
- 10.07.2017Defense Ministry: Reports of death of Azerbaijani military serviceman nothing but ‘lie’
- 10.07.2017Russia delivers new batch of military equipment and ammunition to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijani Defense Minister inspects combat readiness of front line units and formations
- 08.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars, howitzers
- 08.07.2017Chief of General Staff of the Armed Forces attended the Defense Conference
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani army strikes Armenian combat-ready units - VIDEO
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani army strikes leave 3 Armenian soldiers wounded - Armenian sources
- 07.07.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.07.2017Azerbaijan provides evidence for lack of firing points in Alkhanli village
- 06.07.2017Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff leaves for New York
- 06.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 142 times in 24 hours
- 11.05.2017MoD: Vehicle allegedly belonging to Armenian TV company opens fire at Azerbaijani army positions, gets retaliated against
- 12.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 140 times
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan test-fires Shimshak combat module
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan soon to start exporting Yalguzag sniper rifles
- 11.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours