Azerbaijani defense industry enterprises, Turkey’s ASELSAN sign 4 memos
A delegation of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry, which is taking part in the IDEF-2017 in Istanbul, held meetings with representatives of a number of foreign defense industry companies in connection with the export of Azerbaijani-made defense products, the country’s defense industry minister, Yavar Jamalov, told APA.
The Defense Industry Ministry is currently working to increase its exports, according to the minister.
On the second day of the exhibition, four memorandums were signed between Azerbaijan’s defense industry enterprises (the ministry’s Scientific-Research Institute, Cihaz and Optika-Mexanika production units) and Turkey’s ASELSAN.
The memorandums envisage the production of various devices and weapon systems jointly with ASELSAN.
Minister Jamalov noted that the Defense Industry Ministry and Turkish company Otakar, engaged in manufacturing military equipment, reached an agreement on the production and repair of armored vehicles in Azerbaijan.
Within the framework of the exhibition, Vestel Savunma and AYESAŞ companies of Turkey held a presentation for representatives of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces. Information was given about the projects implemented by AYESAŞ, a venture of ZORLU Group, in the aviation sector in Turkey and NATO.
The Azerbaijani delegation also held a meeting with leaders of ASELSAN and ROKETSAN companies, during which the current and future projects were discussed.
In addition, a brief presentation of Mi-17 helicopter, which belongs to Azerbaijan’s Air Force and was modernized by ASELSAN, was held as part of the exhibition.
ROKETSAN informed about Khan tactical missile with a range of 290km and SOM cruise missile. Videos of fires by both missiles were displayed.
It should be noted it is the fifth time that Azerbaijan participates in the IDEF exhibition. At the IDEF-2017, Azerbaijan’s Defense Industry Ministry for the first time displayed artillery shells of various caliber, Tufan mine-resistant ambush protected vehicle and Vashag sniper rifle.
- 20.09.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates new military unit on frontline
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits military units at border with Armenia
- 19.09.2017NATO training team begins seminar in Baku
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey continue "TurAz Qartalı 2017" joint exercise
- 19.09.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates new residential complex of Air Force
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister attends "TurAz Qartalı 2017" exercises opening ceremony
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan launches large-scale military exercises
- 18.09.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 18.09.2017"TurAz Qartalı 2017" exercises begin in Azerbaijan
- 16.09.2017F-16 Fighter aircrafts of Turkish Air Force participating in "TurAz Qartalı-2017" exercises arrive in Azerbaijan
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Armed Forces to hold large-scale exercises
- 15.09.2017Another group of Turkish military aviation in Azerbaijan for joint drills
- 15.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 14.09.2017Representatives of Turkish Air Force arrive in Azerbaijan to attend joint drills
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish Air Forces to hold joint drills
- 14.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits Command and Control Center of Israeli Armed Forces
- 13.09.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 13.09.2017Armenia 130 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.09.2017Russia, Turkey sign deal on S-400 systems delivery
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,868 people listed as missing due to Armenian military aggression
- 12.09.2017Defense Minister Hasanov meets brother of Azerbaijani national hero Albert Agarunov
- 12.09.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service calls on residents of frontline settlements to carefully use Internet, mobile technologies
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial
- 12.09.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 134 times
- 11.09.2017Ministers of Defense of Azerbaijan and Israel held a meeting
- 11.09.2017NATO’s Agile Spirit 2017 drills end in Georgia
- 11.09.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 11.09.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Israel
- 09.09.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.09.2017Chairman of the NATO Military Committee and Chief of Russian General Staff hold meeting in Baku
- 07.09.2017Monument to military figures of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic unveiled in Warsaw
- 07.09.2017Chief of Russian General Staff thanks Azerbaijan for organization of meeting with NATO’s senior military officer
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives chief of Russian General Staff - UPDATED
- 07.09.2017Azerbaijan, NATO mull military cooperation
- 11.05.2017MoD: Vehicle allegedly belonging to Armenian TV company opens fire at Azerbaijani army positions, gets retaliated against
- 12.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 140 times
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan test-fires Shimshak combat module
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan soon to start exporting Yalguzag sniper rifles
- 11.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours