Azerbaijani defense industry enterprises, Turkey’s ASELSAN sign 4 memos
A delegation of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry, which is taking part in the IDEF-2017 in Istanbul, held meetings with representatives of a number of foreign defense industry companies in connection with the export of Azerbaijani-made defense products, the country’s defense industry minister, Yavar Jamalov, told APA.
The Defense Industry Ministry is currently working to increase its exports, according to the minister.
On the second day of the exhibition, four memorandums were signed between Azerbaijan’s defense industry enterprises (the ministry’s Scientific-Research Institute, Cihaz and Optika-Mexanika production units) and Turkey’s ASELSAN.
The memorandums envisage the production of various devices and weapon systems jointly with ASELSAN.
Minister Jamalov noted that the Defense Industry Ministry and Turkish company Otakar, engaged in manufacturing military equipment, reached an agreement on the production and repair of armored vehicles in Azerbaijan.
Within the framework of the exhibition, Vestel Savunma and AYESAŞ companies of Turkey held a presentation for representatives of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces. Information was given about the projects implemented by AYESAŞ, a venture of ZORLU Group, in the aviation sector in Turkey and NATO.
The Azerbaijani delegation also held a meeting with leaders of ASELSAN and ROKETSAN companies, during which the current and future projects were discussed.
In addition, a brief presentation of Mi-17 helicopter, which belongs to Azerbaijan’s Air Force and was modernized by ASELSAN, was held as part of the exhibition.
ROKETSAN informed about Khan tactical missile with a range of 290km and SOM cruise missile. Videos of fires by both missiles were displayed.
It should be noted it is the fifth time that Azerbaijan participates in the IDEF exhibition. At the IDEF-2017, Azerbaijan’s Defense Industry Ministry for the first time displayed artillery shells of various caliber, Tufan mine-resistant ambush protected vehicle and Vashag sniper rifle.
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister receives delegation of UAE National Defense College
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani army holds live-fire stage of Command-Staff War Games
- 20.11.2017NATO Days in Azerbaijan Armed Forces
- 20.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.11.2017The troops of the Nakhchivan garrison continue activity in the Command-Staff War Games - VIDEO
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister holds meeting with command staff involved in war games
- 17.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan sign plan for military cooperation
- 16.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani army to hold command-staff war games
- 15.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 14.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 10.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.11.2017Defense minister addresses NATO meeting
- 09.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 125 times
- 08.11.2017Military experts of Azerbaijan and Germany hold meeting
- 08.11.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 08.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.11.2017Military attachés accredited to Azerbaijan visit Naval Forces
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister to attend NATO meeting
- 07.11.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 07.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 133 times
- 06.11.2017Azerbaijan to institute ‘Rashadat’ order for Armed Forces
- 06.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 03.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves agreement on training of Afghan servicemen in Azerbaijan
- 03.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.11.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov and Andrzej Kasprzyk mull current situation on contact line
- 02.11.2017Armenia resorts to provocation on border with Azerbaijan
- 02.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.11.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund exceed AZN 86 mln
- 01.11.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 31.10.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,500 times in October
- 31.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 30.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 103 times
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijan successfully conducts evaluation of Naval Forces Boarding Party on NATO standards
- 27.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijani, German defense ministries hold bilateral talks
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 11.05.2017MoD: Vehicle allegedly belonging to Armenian TV company opens fire at Azerbaijani army positions, gets retaliated against
- 12.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 140 times
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan test-fires Shimshak combat module
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan soon to start exporting Yalguzag sniper rifles
- 11.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours