Azerbaijani defense industry enterprises, Turkey’s ASELSAN sign 4 memos
A delegation of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry, which is taking part in the IDEF-2017 in Istanbul, held meetings with representatives of a number of foreign defense industry companies in connection with the export of Azerbaijani-made defense products, the country’s defense industry minister, Yavar Jamalov, told APA.
The Defense Industry Ministry is currently working to increase its exports, according to the minister.
On the second day of the exhibition, four memorandums were signed between Azerbaijan’s defense industry enterprises (the ministry’s Scientific-Research Institute, Cihaz and Optika-Mexanika production units) and Turkey’s ASELSAN.
The memorandums envisage the production of various devices and weapon systems jointly with ASELSAN.
Minister Jamalov noted that the Defense Industry Ministry and Turkish company Otakar, engaged in manufacturing military equipment, reached an agreement on the production and repair of armored vehicles in Azerbaijan.
Within the framework of the exhibition, Vestel Savunma and AYESAŞ companies of Turkey held a presentation for representatives of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces. Information was given about the projects implemented by AYESAŞ, a venture of ZORLU Group, in the aviation sector in Turkey and NATO.
The Azerbaijani delegation also held a meeting with leaders of ASELSAN and ROKETSAN companies, during which the current and future projects were discussed.
In addition, a brief presentation of Mi-17 helicopter, which belongs to Azerbaijan’s Air Force and was modernized by ASELSAN, was held as part of the exhibition.
ROKETSAN informed about Khan tactical missile with a range of 290km and SOM cruise missile. Videos of fires by both missiles were displayed.
It should be noted it is the fifth time that Azerbaijan participates in the IDEF exhibition. At the IDEF-2017, Azerbaijan’s Defense Industry Ministry for the first time displayed artillery shells of various caliber, Tufan mine-resistant ambush protected vehicle and Vashag sniper rifle.
- 25.04.2018OSCE monitors border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 24.04.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement regarding current situation in Armenia
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani MoD: Appropriate measures to be taken against Armenian provocations
- 23.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 93 times
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Some countries imposed unfounded restrictions on arms sale to Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Smuggling of nuclear components from Armenia continues
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov meets with top NATO general
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan’s rocket and artillery units conduct tactical exercises - VİDEO
- 19.04.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 18.04.2018Shrapnel could not be extracted from body of Azerbaijani civilian wounded in Armenian shelling, says surgeon - UPDATED
- 18.04.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 17.04.2018Baku hosts course as part of NATO Operational Capabilities Concept Program
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani army downs Armenian drone
- 17.04.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 17.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.04.2018Military units of the armed forces of Armenia violated ceasefire 87 times
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani MoD dismisses reports on alleged shelling of Armenian civilian truck
- 12.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 11.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.04.2018US National Defense University delegation arrives in Baku
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement
- 09.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Any possible provocations by enemy on eve of elections to be prevented
- 07.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 102 times
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards detain 1,344 wanted people since early 2018
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "Strengthening the military potential of our country is one of the main priorities"
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijan, Iran mull military cooperation
- 04.04.201825 shells found in Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018U.S. ground troop experts launch seminar in Baku
- 03.04.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend Moscow Int’l Security Conference
- 03.04.2018ANAMA disarms 1,541 UXOs, 1 anti-tank mine in March
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijan’s rocket and artillery units conduct live-fire stage of drills - VIDEO
- 02.04.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund revealed
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia sign memorandum of understanding in field of defense
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish Georgian defense ministers hold trilateral meeting - UPDATED
- 11.05.2017MoD: Vehicle allegedly belonging to Armenian TV company opens fire at Azerbaijani army positions, gets retaliated against
- 12.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 140 times
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan test-fires Shimshak combat module
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan soon to start exporting Yalguzag sniper rifles
- 11.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours