Azerbaijani army stages live-fire exercises
The Azerbaijani army held live-fire exercises as part of the large-scale drills involving about 30,000 personnel, Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry told APA on Thursday.
Artillery, air defense, aviation units, as well as special forces units and other formations fulfilled combat-training tasks using weapons and military equipment.
Given the supposed action of the conventional enemy and difficult terrain conditions, effective use of troops and control systems was carried out in line with the principles of modern combined arms operation.
A live firing and fire maneuvers were carried out in various firing ranges and training areas provided with modern equipment.
Azerbaijani military started the exercises April 16 to inspect combat readiness of troops in line with the plan approved by Azerbaijan’s President, Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev.
About 30,000 servicemen participate in the drills that will continue until April 21.
Also, more than 250 tanks and armored vehicles, up to 200 missiles and artillery systems, multiple launch rocket systems and mortars, and 25 combat aircraft are involved in the drills.
- 11.12.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan, Italy discuss military-technical cooperation
- 07.12.2017Protocol signed at 10th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue
- 07.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 155 times
- 06.12.2017NATO Mobile Training Team holds training course in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss expanding military co-op
- 06.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Artillery shell found in center of Beylagan city
- 05.12.2017Baku hosts 10th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue
- 05.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times
- 05.12.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan becomes full member of International Committee of Military Medicine
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan plans to increase number of peacekeepers in Afghanistan next year
- 04.12.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue meeting
- 04.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 01.12.2017Tanks units of Azerbaijani army conduct live-fire training
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament adopts revised bill on Armed Forces
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish air forces discuss expansion of cooperation
- 01.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund rise
- 30.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 127 times
- 29.11.2017Turkish Air Force commander arrives in Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat readiness of rocket and artillery units on frontline
- 29.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views military unit in Tartar district
- 28.11.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 28.11.2017Cadets of Azerbaijan High Military School start field exit
- 28.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 27.11.2017Defense Ministry leadership attend opening of new residential complex for officers
- 27.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 25.11.2017State Commission: Measures are underway to return Azerbaijani soldier’s body
- 25.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Air Force of Azerbaijan conducts tactical exercises
- 24.11.2017Pakistani delegation visits Azerbaijan’s military educational institutions
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish air forces hold staff talks
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan creating new military formations
- 21.04.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijani Defense Ministry holds enlarged board meeting
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey to hold joint military drills
- 20.04.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani army’s large-scale drills enter next phase
- 19.04.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan