Army officers speak about April victory of Azerbaijani army
Had the April battles not ceased, Armenia could not have withstood, Lieutenant-Colonel of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Eldaniz Sadigov, who took part in the April battles, told reporters on Friday.
On the night of April 2, 2016, all the frontier positions of Azerbaijan were subjected to heavy fire from the Armenian side, which used large-caliber weapons, mortars and grenade launchers. Azerbaijan responded with a counter-attack, which led to liberation of several strategic heights and settlements.
Military operations were stopped on the line of contact between Azerbaijani and Armenian armies on Apr. 5 at 12:00 (UTC/GMT + 4 hours) with the consent of the sides, Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry earlier said.
“We have been waiting for several times for what happened in April last year. The enemy was thinking that we couldn’t overcome that barrier,” said Sadigov.
He noted that on the night of April 1 to 2 last year, Armenia launched an offensive in the direction of the Tap Garagoyunlu village of Azerbaijan’s Goranboy districts using tanks and infantry.
“We obtained this information and suppressed the actions of the Armenian sabotage and reconnaissance group,” Lieutenant-Colonel of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Eldaniz Sadigov, who took part in the April battles, told reporters on Friday,” said the army officer.
Sadigov, who was injured after hitting a landmine during the April clashes, said that the Armenian fled leaving their positions and weapons.
“According to information available to us, 15 Armenian soldiers were shot dead for fleeing their positions,” said the army officer.
He noted that the enemy is still living in fear.
“The morale of Azerbaijani military servicemen was very high during the clashes. Had the April battles not ceased, the Armenians could not have withstood,” said Sadigov, expressing gratitude to Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev and Defense Minister, Colonel-General Zakir Hasanov for contact care and attention to the Azerbaijani army.
Lieutenant-Colonel of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Khagani Jafarov, who also took part in the April battles, said that in early April last year the Armenian army carried out intensive shelling of civilians in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district.
“We fought in our own lands. I was wounded near the village of Sarijali. At that time, we were on duty in our posts. On the night of April 1-2, the Armenian army launched an offensive,” said Jafarov.
The army officer said the Azerbaijani army used the most modern weapons during the April clashes.
“However, we did not use all the weapons that were at our disposal, we did not use long-range missiles,” he added.
Lieutenant of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Sabuhi Mehdizade, who took part in the battles in the direction of Leletepe and was injured on his head by a sniper shot, said that the Azerbaijani people demonstrated unity during April battles and the whole world saw it.
“Leletepe is a very strategic height. The enemy controlled Horadiz village from this height. After liberation of Leletepe, the enemy is now under our feet. Due to the care of our people and government, we recovered and were back to serve. Today we continue to serve and waiting for the instruction of our Supreme Commander-in-Chief,” he added.
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijan briefs EU on Armenian armed provocations
- 23.10.2017Armenians in panic, see modern Azerbaijani weapons everywhere – Defense Ministry
- 23.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 132 times
- 21.10.2017Azerbaijan's Chief of General Staff of Armed Forces departs for USA
- 21.10.2017Azerbaijan defense minister orders troops to immediately suppress enemy provocations
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat readiness of new anti-aircraft missiles
- 20.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.10.2017British military attaché: We appreciate Azerbaijan’s efforts to cooperate with NATO
- 19.10.2017Major General rank conferred to Khanbala Orujov
- 19.10.201725 documents signed at Baku session of CIS Border Troops Commanders Council
- 19.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 137 times
- 18.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 17.10.2017Foreign military attachés visit Azerbaijani Air Force Base
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian Armed Forces sign joint protocol
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish and Georgian Armed Forces hold meeting in Tbilisi - UPDATED
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s successful military ops in April 2016 highlighted at Tbilisi meeting
- 17.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss military cooperation
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian Armed Forces to hold meeting
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan-Georgia military cooperation discussed in Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov meets Chief of Georgian General Staff
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister embarks on visit to Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish Armed Forces to meet in Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Field firings carried out from “Buk-MB” anti-aircraft missile systems - VIDEO
- 14.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 13.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017U.S. considers Azerbaijan key partner in fight against terrorism: Pentagon
- 12.10.2017Rocket, artillery formations of Azerbaijani Army stage live-fire drills - VİDEO
- 12.10.2017Zakir Hasanov attends meeting of CIS Defense Ministers Council
- 12.10.2017Tajik president meets with defense ministers of CIS member states
- 12.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017OSCE to monitor border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister gets acquainted with Belarusian-made military hardware
- 10.10.2017Zakir Hasanov meets with State Secretary of Belarusian Security Council
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 10.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017Prospects of Belarus-Azerbaijan military, technical cooperation discussed in Minsk
- 09.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.04.2017Armenia violated ceasefire nearly 4,000 times in March
- 01.04.2017Armenian armed units shell Azerbaijani positions with mortars
- 03.04.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 31.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.03.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times in 24 hours
- 29.03.2017Baku hosts meeting within Azerbaijan-German military co-op plan