Army officers speak about April victory of Azerbaijani army
Had the April battles not ceased, Armenia could not have withstood, Lieutenant-Colonel of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Eldaniz Sadigov, who took part in the April battles, told reporters on Friday.
On the night of April 2, 2016, all the frontier positions of Azerbaijan were subjected to heavy fire from the Armenian side, which used large-caliber weapons, mortars and grenade launchers. Azerbaijan responded with a counter-attack, which led to liberation of several strategic heights and settlements.
Military operations were stopped on the line of contact between Azerbaijani and Armenian armies on Apr. 5 at 12:00 (UTC/GMT + 4 hours) with the consent of the sides, Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry earlier said.
“We have been waiting for several times for what happened in April last year. The enemy was thinking that we couldn’t overcome that barrier,” said Sadigov.
He noted that on the night of April 1 to 2 last year, Armenia launched an offensive in the direction of the Tap Garagoyunlu village of Azerbaijan’s Goranboy districts using tanks and infantry.
“We obtained this information and suppressed the actions of the Armenian sabotage and reconnaissance group,” Lieutenant-Colonel of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Eldaniz Sadigov, who took part in the April battles, told reporters on Friday,” said the army officer.
Sadigov, who was injured after hitting a landmine during the April clashes, said that the Armenian fled leaving their positions and weapons.
“According to information available to us, 15 Armenian soldiers were shot dead for fleeing their positions,” said the army officer.
He noted that the enemy is still living in fear.
“The morale of Azerbaijani military servicemen was very high during the clashes. Had the April battles not ceased, the Armenians could not have withstood,” said Sadigov, expressing gratitude to Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev and Defense Minister, Colonel-General Zakir Hasanov for contact care and attention to the Azerbaijani army.
Lieutenant-Colonel of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Khagani Jafarov, who also took part in the April battles, said that in early April last year the Armenian army carried out intensive shelling of civilians in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district.
“We fought in our own lands. I was wounded near the village of Sarijali. At that time, we were on duty in our posts. On the night of April 1-2, the Armenian army launched an offensive,” said Jafarov.
The army officer said the Azerbaijani army used the most modern weapons during the April clashes.
“However, we did not use all the weapons that were at our disposal, we did not use long-range missiles,” he added.
Lieutenant of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Sabuhi Mehdizade, who took part in the battles in the direction of Leletepe and was injured on his head by a sniper shot, said that the Azerbaijani people demonstrated unity during April battles and the whole world saw it.
“Leletepe is a very strategic height. The enemy controlled Horadiz village from this height. After liberation of Leletepe, the enemy is now under our feet. Due to the care of our people and government, we recovered and were back to serve. Today we continue to serve and waiting for the instruction of our Supreme Commander-in-Chief,” he added.
- 19.08.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.08.2017Azerbaijani Defense Ministry dismisses another Armenian disinformation
- 18.08.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 17.08.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.08.2017President awards State Border Service employees
- 16.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 115 times
- 15.08.2017Current situation in the front-line units of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces has been checked
- 15.08.2017State Border Service holds large-scale exercises in Caspian Sea
- 15.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 14.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 13.08.2017Iranian warships left Baku port
- 13.08.2017Azerbaijan Defense Minister took part in closing ceremony of “International Army Games-2017” - PHOTOSESSION
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijan and Russia intend to develop military-technical cooperation
- 12.08.2017Russian warships leave Baku port
- 11.08.2017Zakir Hasanov departs for Moscow on a visit
- 11.08.2017Closing ceremony of Sea Cup 2017 held in Baku
- 11.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 10.08.2017"Sea Cup-2017" international contest’s winners determined
- 10.08.2017General: Armenia’s intention to compensate its defeats on frontline in virtual space is failure
- 10.08.2017Last episode of "Sea Cup - 2017" contest completed
- 10.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 115 times
- 09.08.2017Baku to host final stage of 'Sea Cup - 2017' int'l contest
- 09.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 125 times
- 08.08.2017Repair and maintenance center for armored fighting vehicles opened in Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani military sailors achieved next success at 'Sea Cup - 2017'
- 08.08.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 130 times
- 07.08.2017Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan conducting joint naval exercises
- 07.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 146 times
- 06.08.2017“G-124” warship of Azerbaijan Naval Forces successfully fired at sea target - VİDEO
- 05.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 141 times
- 04.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 138 times
- 03.08.2017Next stage of "Sea Cup - 2017" contest to involve MiG-29 fighter aircrafts
- 03.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 141 times
- 02.08.2017Azerbaijani servicemen presented samples of culture in the House of Friendship
- 02.08.2017Artillery fire will be conducted on sea targets in "Sea Cup - 2017" contest
- 02.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 01.08.2017President: Azerbaijan’s hosting “Sea Cup – 2017” proves its increasing prestige in the world
- 01.08.2017Nearly 300 personnel to join “Sea Cup – 2017” in Baku
- 01.08.2017Solemn opening ceremony of "Masters of Artillery Fire" and "Sniper Frontier" contests held in Kazakhstan
- 01.04.2017Armenia violated ceasefire nearly 4,000 times in March
- 01.04.2017Armenian armed units shell Azerbaijani positions with mortars
- 03.04.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 31.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.03.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times in 24 hours
- 29.03.2017Baku hosts meeting within Azerbaijan-German military co-op plan