Army officers speak about April victory of Azerbaijani army
Had the April battles not ceased, Armenia could not have withstood, Lieutenant-Colonel of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Eldaniz Sadigov, who took part in the April battles, told reporters on Friday.
On the night of April 2, 2016, all the frontier positions of Azerbaijan were subjected to heavy fire from the Armenian side, which used large-caliber weapons, mortars and grenade launchers. Azerbaijan responded with a counter-attack, which led to liberation of several strategic heights and settlements.
Military operations were stopped on the line of contact between Azerbaijani and Armenian armies on Apr. 5 at 12:00 (UTC/GMT + 4 hours) with the consent of the sides, Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry earlier said.
“We have been waiting for several times for what happened in April last year. The enemy was thinking that we couldn’t overcome that barrier,” said Sadigov.
He noted that on the night of April 1 to 2 last year, Armenia launched an offensive in the direction of the Tap Garagoyunlu village of Azerbaijan’s Goranboy districts using tanks and infantry.
“We obtained this information and suppressed the actions of the Armenian sabotage and reconnaissance group,” Lieutenant-Colonel of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Eldaniz Sadigov, who took part in the April battles, told reporters on Friday,” said the army officer.
Sadigov, who was injured after hitting a landmine during the April clashes, said that the Armenian fled leaving their positions and weapons.
“According to information available to us, 15 Armenian soldiers were shot dead for fleeing their positions,” said the army officer.
He noted that the enemy is still living in fear.
“The morale of Azerbaijani military servicemen was very high during the clashes. Had the April battles not ceased, the Armenians could not have withstood,” said Sadigov, expressing gratitude to Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev and Defense Minister, Colonel-General Zakir Hasanov for contact care and attention to the Azerbaijani army.
Lieutenant-Colonel of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Khagani Jafarov, who also took part in the April battles, said that in early April last year the Armenian army carried out intensive shelling of civilians in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district.
“We fought in our own lands. I was wounded near the village of Sarijali. At that time, we were on duty in our posts. On the night of April 1-2, the Armenian army launched an offensive,” said Jafarov.
The army officer said the Azerbaijani army used the most modern weapons during the April clashes.
“However, we did not use all the weapons that were at our disposal, we did not use long-range missiles,” he added.
Lieutenant of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Sabuhi Mehdizade, who took part in the battles in the direction of Leletepe and was injured on his head by a sniper shot, said that the Azerbaijani people demonstrated unity during April battles and the whole world saw it.
“Leletepe is a very strategic height. The enemy controlled Horadiz village from this height. After liberation of Leletepe, the enemy is now under our feet. Due to the care of our people and government, we recovered and were back to serve. Today we continue to serve and waiting for the instruction of our Supreme Commander-in-Chief,” he added.
- 28.06.2017Defense Ministry comments on Armenian Defense Minister's statement on losses
- 28.06.2017Azerbaijani Defense Minister to attend NATO meeting
- 28.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 146 times
- 27.06.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017‘Open Doors Day’ held in Azerbaijani Armed Forces
- 26.06.2017Letters from citizens delivered to soldiers via www.esgeremektub.com
- 26.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 155 times
- 26.06.2017Today is Day of Azerbaijani Armed Forces
- 24.06.2017Russia delivers modern military equipment to Azerbaijan
- 24.06.2017Zakir Hasanov: Azerbaijani soldiers proved to whole world that they are able to liberate native lands
- 24.06.2017Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani Armed Forces capable of fulfilling all tasks – defense minister
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of plant for production of components for revolver-type grenade launchers in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017No incident during OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates plant for production of components for grenade launcher in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan denies Armenian reports on infiltration attempt and military losses
- 23.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 22.06.2017The opening of the two new military camps were held in the frontline zone
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani army holds live-fire stage of large-scale drills
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani MoD: Armenia once again used combat drones
- 22.06.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 22.06.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani army destroys Armenian UAV
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijan releases footage of captured Armenian sabotage group member
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijan captures Armenian sabotage group member
- 20.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on two military servicemen
- 20.06.2017Four colonels of Azerbaijani army promoted to rank of major general
- 20.06.2017Armenian provocation intercepted at Azerbaijan-Iran border
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani army continues large-scale exercises
- 20.06.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani army starts large-scale drills
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement on latest situation on frontline
- 17.06.2017Defense ministry: Five Armenian servicemen were killed on frontline
- 17.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets graduates of Higher Military School
- 16.06.2017Unexploded aerial bomb found in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
- 16.06.2017Martyred Azerbaijani soldier laid to rest
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani army to conduct large-scale exercises
- 16.06.2017Defense minister: Enemy should know that Nakhchivan is defended by most professional army
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey stage joint military drills in Nakhchivan
- 01.04.2017Armenia violated ceasefire nearly 4,000 times in March
- 01.04.2017Armenian armed units shell Azerbaijani positions with mortars
- 03.04.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 31.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.03.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times in 24 hours
- 29.03.2017Baku hosts meeting within Azerbaijan-German military co-op plan