Azerbaijani army destroys Armenia’s armored vehicles
The Azerbaijani armed forces timely detected and destroyed Armenia’s armored vehicles, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry APA on March 1.
Earlier, the Armenian media reported that the Azerbaijani army used SPIKE anti-tank guided missile against the Armenian armed forces in the direction of Azerbaijan’s Khojavend district.
The Azerbaijani armed forces has the right to use any modern weapons at their disposal and are fully capable of intercepting the enemy’s activities, noted the ministry.
On February 28, the Armenian armed forces tried to move forth their armored vehicles in order to strengthen their positions. The enemy’s armored vehicles were detected in a timely manner and eliminated by the Azerbaijani army.
Many of the casualties suffered by the enemy recently are foreign mercenaries of Armenian origin. As a result, Armenia purposefully conceals its casualties, said the ministry.
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict entered its modern phase when the Armenian SRR made territorial claims against the Azerbaijani SSR in 1988.
A fierce war broke out between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. As a result of the war, Armenian armed forces occupied some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory which includes Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent districts (Lachin, Kalbajar, Aghdam, Fuzuli, Jabrayil, Gubadli and Zangilan), and over a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced people.
The military operations finally came to an end when Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement in Bishkek in 1994.
Dealing with the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the OSCE Minsk Group, which was created after the meeting of the CSCE (OSCE after the Budapest summit held in Dec.1994) Ministerial Council in Helsinki on 24 March 1992. The Group’s members include Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, the United States, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Belarus, Finland and Sweden.
Besides, the OSCE Minsk Group has a co-chairmanship institution, comprised of Russian, the US and French co-chairs, which began operating in 1996.
Resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884 of the UN Security Council, which were passed in short intervals in 1993, and other resolutions adopted by the UN General Assembly, PACE, OSCE, OIC, and other organizations require Armenia to unconditionally withdraw its troops from Nagorno-Karabakh.
Related news releases
- 17.01.2018Next meeting of Azerbaijani-Pakistani working groups kicks off in Baku
- 17.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.01.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff to attend NATO meeting
- 15.01.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 15.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 10.01.2018Azerbaijani Army to strengthen further, President Aliyev says - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijan increases peacekeeping contingent in Afghanistan
- 09.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani defense minister holds consultation
- 06.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry, Military Prosecutor’s Office sign joint action plan
- 05.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.01.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund jump up
- 04.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 30.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat capability of armored vehicles on frontline
- 27.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 26.12.2017Defense minister checks state of combat readiness of units in frontline zone
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates newly-built soldiers’ barrack on forward defense line
- 26.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 132 times
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijani army shoots down Armenian drone
- 25.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times
- 22.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 19.12.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets with OSCE chairman-in-office personal representative
- 18.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.12.2017We are going to implement projects with Turkey and several other countries, Azerbaijani defense industry minister
- 16.12.2017Defense Ministry holds extended collegium meeting on annual results
- 15.12.2017Training held with participation of command staff of Azerbaijani Armed Forces
- 01.03.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 01.03.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund exceed AZN 80M
- 01.03.2017Armenian disinformation aimed at blackmailing int’l organizations, Azerbaijan says
- 01.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 132 times
- 01.03.2017Frontline tension escalates in February, Armenia violates ceasefire over 1,200 times
- 28.02.2017Martyred Azerbaijani soldier laid to rest