Azerbaijani army destroys Armenian subversive group - VIDEO
The group was identified in advance and destroyed, according to the ministry.
The Azerbaijani army controls the operational situation on the frontline.
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict entered its modern phase when the Armenian SRR made territorial claims against the Azerbaijani SSR in 1988.
A fierce war broke out between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. As a result of the war, Armenian armed forces occupied some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory which includes Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent districts (Lachin, Kalbajar, Aghdam, Fuzuli, Jabrayil, Gubadli and Zangilan), and over a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced people.
The military operations finally came to an end when Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement in Bishkek in 1994.
Dealing with the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the OSCE Minsk Group, which was created after the meeting of the CSCE (OSCE after the Budapest summit held in Dec.1994) Ministerial Council in Helsinki on 24 March 1992. The Group’s members include Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, the United States, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Belarus, Finland and Sweden.
Besides, the OSCE Minsk Group has a co-chairmanship institution, comprised of Russian, the US and French co-chairs, which began operating in 1996.
Resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884 of the UN Security Council, which were passed in short intervals in 1993, and other resolutions adopted by the UN General Assembly, PACE, OSCE, OIC, and other organizations require Armenia to unconditionally withdraw its troops from Nagorno-Karabakh.
Related news releases
- 18.02.2017ANAMA finds 78 shrapnels in road to be constructed in Jojug Marjanli village
- 18.02.2017Retired general: Deaths in Armenian army are due to disorders
- 18.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 26 times
- 17.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 40 times
- 16.02.2017Top US military official thanks Azerbaijan for hosting meeting with his Russian counterpart
- 16.02.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan: investigation underway into Elnur Huseynzade’s case
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan continues investigation into April battles: military prosecutor
- 16.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2017Russian Defense Ministry announces meeting of US, Russian General Staffs in Baku
- 15.02.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 15.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijani soldier dies in avalanche: Defense Ministry
- 10.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 36 times
- 09.02.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2017Azerbaijani army prevents another Armenian diversion
- 08.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 39 times
- 07.02.2017Martyred Azerbaijani soldier Chingiz Gurbanov awarded posthumous title of National Hero
- 07.02.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 07.02.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2017Martyred Azerbaijani soldier laid to rest in hometown - UPDATED
- 06.02.2017Azerbaijan, Ukraine to mull military-technical cooperation
- 06.02.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 34 times
- 06.02.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 06.02.2017Farewell ceremony held for martyred soldier Chingiz Gurbanov - UPDATED
- 04.02.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inspects readiness of military units on frontline
- 03.02.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan inaugurates another military camp on front line
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijani MoD releases another statement on Elnur Huseynzade
- 02.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 13 times
- 02.02.2017Armenian reports on Azerbaijani army’s losses – untrue: Defense Ministry
- 01.02.2017Azerbaijani serviceman wounded as Armenia violates ceasefire
- 01.02.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.02.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 1,000 times last month
- 31.01.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani soldier commits suicide
- 30.01.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.01.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani military prosecutor: 99.1% of crimes registered in army last year solved
- 14.02.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 22 times
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani parliament adopts bill on martial law - UPDATED
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijani border guards detain armed trespasser
- 13.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.02.2017Zakir Hasanov holds consultation at Central Command Post of Armed Forces
- 11.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan