Azerbaijan, UK discuss holding next round of military talks
Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister, Colonel-General Zakir Hasanov met Thursday with a delegation led by Nick Gurr, United Kingdom Ministry of Defense (MOD) Director for International Security Policy, who is on a visit to Azerbaijan.
The main topic of the meeting was the holding of the next round of staff talks between the Azerbaijani and British defense ministries, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry told APA.
The sides also exchanged views on the participation of representatives of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces in “Military English Courses”.
Referring to the current situation in the region, Minister Hasanov stressed that Armenia’s non-constructive position in the negotiations on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict poses a serious threat to international and regional security.
Gurr recalled the efficient meetings with Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov held in London in September 2016, noting that the military cooperation between the two countries has strengthened since.
He also praised Azerbaijan’s involvement in the NATO-led mission in Afghanistan, saying his country is interested to strengthen the bilateral ties even further.
He went on to outline that the UK recognizes Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty and wants the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to be resolved in line with the UN Security Council resolutions and international law.
Moreover, the two sides exchanged views on prospects of military and military-technical cooperation, security of regional, marine, and energy resources, the joint fight against terrorism, etc.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018New law on Armed Forces of Azerbaijan enters into force
- 19.01.2018Russia delivers modern military equipment to Azerbaijan - VIDEO
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani serviceman martyred in shootout with Armenian army
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan plans to start manufacturing 136 more types of defense products
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan plans to commission two more military factors
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan launches serial production of F-1 hand grenades
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan doubles exports of defense products
- 19.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.01.2018Armenia attempts blame for its non-combat losses on Azerbaijan – Defense Ministry
- 18.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 17.01.2018Next meeting of Azerbaijani-Pakistani working groups kicks off in Baku
- 17.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.01.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff to attend NATO meeting
- 15.01.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 15.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 10.01.2018Azerbaijani Army to strengthen further, President Aliyev says - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijan increases peacekeeping contingent in Afghanistan
- 09.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani defense minister holds consultation
- 06.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry, Military Prosecutor’s Office sign joint action plan
- 05.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.01.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund jump up
- 04.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 30.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat capability of armored vehicles on frontline
- 27.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 26.12.2017Defense minister checks state of combat readiness of units in frontline zone
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates newly-built soldiers’ barrack on forward defense line
- 26.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 132 times
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijani army shoots down Armenian drone
- 10.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 10.03.2017ANAMA disarms 1,048 UXOs, 34 mines in Feb 2017
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 09.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 119 times
- 06.03.2017Azerbaijan to produce two other types of drones