Azerbaijan, UK discuss holding next round of military talks
Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister, Colonel-General Zakir Hasanov met Thursday with a delegation led by Nick Gurr, United Kingdom Ministry of Defense (MOD) Director for International Security Policy, who is on a visit to Azerbaijan.
The main topic of the meeting was the holding of the next round of staff talks between the Azerbaijani and British defense ministries, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry told APA.
The sides also exchanged views on the participation of representatives of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces in “Military English Courses”.
Referring to the current situation in the region, Minister Hasanov stressed that Armenia’s non-constructive position in the negotiations on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict poses a serious threat to international and regional security.
Gurr recalled the efficient meetings with Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov held in London in September 2016, noting that the military cooperation between the two countries has strengthened since.
He also praised Azerbaijan’s involvement in the NATO-led mission in Afghanistan, saying his country is interested to strengthen the bilateral ties even further.
He went on to outline that the UK recognizes Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty and wants the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to be resolved in line with the UN Security Council resolutions and international law.
Moreover, the two sides exchanged views on prospects of military and military-technical cooperation, security of regional, marine, and energy resources, the joint fight against terrorism, etc.
Related news releases
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister holds meeting with command staff involved in war games
- 17.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan sign plan for military cooperation
- 16.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani army to hold command-staff war games
- 15.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 14.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 10.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.11.2017Defense minister addresses NATO meeting
- 09.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 125 times
- 08.11.2017Military experts of Azerbaijan and Germany hold meeting
- 08.11.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 08.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.11.2017Military attachés accredited to Azerbaijan visit Naval Forces
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister to attend NATO meeting
- 07.11.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 07.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 133 times
- 06.11.2017Azerbaijan to institute ‘Rashadat’ order for Armed Forces
- 06.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 03.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves agreement on training of Afghan servicemen in Azerbaijan
- 03.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.11.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov and Andrzej Kasprzyk mull current situation on contact line
- 02.11.2017Armenia resorts to provocation on border with Azerbaijan
- 02.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.11.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund exceed AZN 86 mln
- 01.11.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 31.10.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,500 times in October
- 31.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 30.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 103 times
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijan successfully conducts evaluation of Naval Forces Boarding Party on NATO standards
- 27.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijani, German defense ministries hold bilateral talks
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 26.10.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 91 times
- 25.10.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 25.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan, Iran discuss military cooperation
- 24.10.2017Baku hosts first meeting of joint working group on Azerbaijan-Iran military co-op
- 10.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 10.03.2017ANAMA disarms 1,048 UXOs, 34 mines in Feb 2017
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 09.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 119 times
- 06.03.2017Azerbaijan to produce two other types of drones