Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss military cooperation
Prior to the meeting, the Turkish delegation visited the Alley of Honor and the Alley of Martyrs in Baku to lay wreath and flowers at the graves of national leader Heydar Aliyev, academician Zarifa Aliyeva and the heroics sons of Azerbaijan who sacrificed their lives for the country’s independence and territorial integrity. They also visited the Turkish Martyrs' Memorial (the monument erected in honor of Turkish soldiers killed in 1918).
Then an official welcoming ceremony for the Turkish delegation was held in the Ministry of Defense. The Turkish minister viewed the guard of honor and national anthems of both countries were played. A book of honor was signed in accordance with the protocol.
First, the defense ministers of Azerbaijan and Turkey held a one-on-one meeting, which was then continued in an expanded format.
Minister Hasanov congratulated Nurettin Canikli on his appointment as Turkey’s minister of national defense. Hasanov described Canikli’s first visit to Azerbaijan as Turkey’s minister of national defense as a clear example of bilateral military cooperation between the two countries.
Minister Hasanov said Azerbaijan and Turkey enjoy military cooperation both bilaterally and within the framework of NATO-led peacekeeping operations, adding that a strategic partnership built on friendly and fraternal relations is constantly developing.
Touching upon the military-political situation in the region, Hasanov underlined that the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict poses a serious threat to regional stability.
Emphasizing the importance of the joint military exercises conducted in recent years by Azerbaijan and Turkey, the minister underscored the need to increase the number of such drills in the future.
Speaking about his meeting with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, the Turkish minister, in turn, noted that ties between the two countries are based on friendship and historical roots.
Minister Canikli said that Turkey is an important partner of Azerbaijan.
The sides further exchanged views on the prospects for military ties, the development of cooperation in the military, military-technical spheres and in the field of military education and medicine, the expansion of activities within the framework of the High-level Military Dialogue, the development of joint plans, the organization of mutual visits of expert groups, as well as other issues of mutual interest.
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijan briefs EU on Armenian armed provocations
- 23.10.2017Armenians in panic, see modern Azerbaijani weapons everywhere – Defense Ministry
- 23.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 132 times
- 21.10.2017Azerbaijan's Chief of General Staff of Armed Forces departs for USA
- 21.10.2017Azerbaijan defense minister orders troops to immediately suppress enemy provocations
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat readiness of new anti-aircraft missiles
- 20.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.10.2017British military attaché: We appreciate Azerbaijan’s efforts to cooperate with NATO
- 19.10.2017Major General rank conferred to Khanbala Orujov
- 19.10.201725 documents signed at Baku session of CIS Border Troops Commanders Council
- 19.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 137 times
- 18.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 17.10.2017Foreign military attachés visit Azerbaijani Air Force Base
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian Armed Forces sign joint protocol
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish and Georgian Armed Forces hold meeting in Tbilisi - UPDATED
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s successful military ops in April 2016 highlighted at Tbilisi meeting
- 17.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss military cooperation
- 17.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian Armed Forces to hold meeting
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan-Georgia military cooperation discussed in Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov meets Chief of Georgian General Staff
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister embarks on visit to Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Heads of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish Armed Forces to meet in Tbilisi
- 16.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Field firings carried out from “Buk-MB” anti-aircraft missile systems - VIDEO
- 14.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 13.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017U.S. considers Azerbaijan key partner in fight against terrorism: Pentagon
- 12.10.2017Rocket, artillery formations of Azerbaijani Army stage live-fire drills - VİDEO
- 12.10.2017Zakir Hasanov attends meeting of CIS Defense Ministers Council
- 12.10.2017Tajik president meets with defense ministers of CIS member states
- 12.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017OSCE to monitor border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister gets acquainted with Belarusian-made military hardware
- 10.10.2017Zakir Hasanov meets with State Secretary of Belarusian Security Council
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 10.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017Prospects of Belarus-Azerbaijan military, technical cooperation discussed in Minsk
- 09.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish air forces complete joint drills
- 02.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 123 times
- 28.09.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan in need of each other – defense minister
- 28.09.2017Turkish defense minister pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 28.09.2017Minister Canikli: Azerbaijan, Turkish armed forces should always support each other