Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss military cooperation
Prior to the meeting, the Turkish delegation visited the Alley of Honor and the Alley of Martyrs in Baku to lay wreath and flowers at the graves of national leader Heydar Aliyev, academician Zarifa Aliyeva and the heroics sons of Azerbaijan who sacrificed their lives for the country’s independence and territorial integrity. They also visited the Turkish Martyrs' Memorial (the monument erected in honor of Turkish soldiers killed in 1918).
Then an official welcoming ceremony for the Turkish delegation was held in the Ministry of Defense. The Turkish minister viewed the guard of honor and national anthems of both countries were played. A book of honor was signed in accordance with the protocol.
First, the defense ministers of Azerbaijan and Turkey held a one-on-one meeting, which was then continued in an expanded format.
Minister Hasanov congratulated Nurettin Canikli on his appointment as Turkey’s minister of national defense. Hasanov described Canikli’s first visit to Azerbaijan as Turkey’s minister of national defense as a clear example of bilateral military cooperation between the two countries.
Minister Hasanov said Azerbaijan and Turkey enjoy military cooperation both bilaterally and within the framework of NATO-led peacekeeping operations, adding that a strategic partnership built on friendly and fraternal relations is constantly developing.
Touching upon the military-political situation in the region, Hasanov underlined that the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict poses a serious threat to regional stability.
Emphasizing the importance of the joint military exercises conducted in recent years by Azerbaijan and Turkey, the minister underscored the need to increase the number of such drills in the future.
Speaking about his meeting with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, the Turkish minister, in turn, noted that ties between the two countries are based on friendship and historical roots.
Minister Canikli said that Turkey is an important partner of Azerbaijan.
The sides further exchanged views on the prospects for military ties, the development of cooperation in the military, military-technical spheres and in the field of military education and medicine, the expansion of activities within the framework of the High-level Military Dialogue, the development of joint plans, the organization of mutual visits of expert groups, as well as other issues of mutual interest.
- 20.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.01.2018New law on Armed Forces of Azerbaijan enters into force
- 19.01.2018Russia delivers modern military equipment to Azerbaijan - VIDEO
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani serviceman martyred in shootout with Armenian army
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan plans to start manufacturing 136 more types of defense products
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan plans to commission two more military factors
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan launches serial production of F-1 hand grenades
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan doubles exports of defense products
- 19.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.01.2018Armenia attempts blame for its non-combat losses on Azerbaijan – Defense Ministry
- 18.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 17.01.2018Next meeting of Azerbaijani-Pakistani working groups kicks off in Baku
- 17.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.01.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff to attend NATO meeting
- 15.01.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 15.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 10.01.2018Azerbaijani Army to strengthen further, President Aliyev says - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijan increases peacekeeping contingent in Afghanistan
- 09.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani defense minister holds consultation
- 06.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry, Military Prosecutor’s Office sign joint action plan
- 05.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.01.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund jump up
- 04.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 30.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat capability of armored vehicles on frontline
- 27.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 26.12.2017Defense minister checks state of combat readiness of units in frontline zone
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates newly-built soldiers’ barrack on forward defense line
- 26.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 132 times
- 29.09.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish air forces complete joint drills
- 02.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 123 times
- 28.09.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan in need of each other – defense minister
- 28.09.2017Turkish defense minister pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 28.09.2017Minister Canikli: Azerbaijan, Turkish armed forces should always support each other