Azerbaijan’s ex-military official does not rule out ‘Armenian involvement’ in assassination attempt on Israeli defense minister
Armenian involvement in the recent assassination attempt on Israel's Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman is not to be ruled out, said Azerbaijan’s former deputy defense minister, retired Lieutenant-General Chingiz Mammadov, APA reports.
Six Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists were recently arrested for planning to harm Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman in a terror attack, Jerusalem Online reported on Feb 18.
The terrorists plotted to make a bomb and plant it along the route that Lieberman’s convoy frequently travels. It was cleared that the detainees were members of a Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror cell.
Mammadov noted that developing Israeli-Azerbaijani relations, particularly in the military sphere, are met with serious concern in Armenia.
"Armenian MPs are also disappointed by the recent statements Lieberman made expressing explicit support for Azerbaijan during a visit of an Armenian delegation to Israel. The fact that the assassination attempt was made right after the Armenian delegation’s unsuccessful visit to Israel raises suspicions that it had been planned well ahead of the visit,” he said.
The former military official stressed that Armenia’s criminal regime is constantly working with terrorist organizations, including anti-Israeli forces, to carry out assassinations and terrorist acts. As we know, this method is also noted in the charters of many Armenian organizations.
“The direct involvement of Armenians in terrorist acts and assassinations committed in Paris, Moscow, Istanbul and in many other places has been approved. It’s not ruled out that Armenians are directly involved in this terrorist act as well. One of the facts confirming this is that the Israeli parliament refused to recognize the so-called “Armenian genocide” despite the persistence of Armenia,” the former deputy defense minister added.
The U.S., European Union and several countries recognized the Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror cell as a terrorist organization. The terror cell calls for destruction of Israel.
Related news releases
- 19.06.2018Minister of Defense participates in opening of military unit of Rocket and Artillery Troops in frontline zone
- 19.06.2018Next tactical UAV belonging to Armenia destroyed
- 19.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 95 times
- 18.06.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.06.2018Azerbaijan’s defense minister: Our army must always be ready to suppress provocation of enemy
- 16.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijani Army Corps exercises successfully completed
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters continue flights over Baku in preparation for parade
- 15.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 94 times
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani military conducts practical firing from DANA self-propelled artillery systems
- 14.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani army’s rocket, artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VİDEO
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan’s IFV crews improve combat skills
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters conduct flights over Baku in preparation for parade - UPDATED
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia sign agreement on activities of border commissioners
- 13.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 93 times
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan’s missile units conduct practical firing exercises - VIDEO
- 12.06.2018Polonez systems now at disposal of Azerbaijani Army - VIDEO
- 12.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan exhibits defense products at Eurosatory 2018 in Paris
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Defense Ministry’s military unit - UPDATED
- 11.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan defense minister attends NATO meeting
- 08.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijan Naval Forces conduct practical training
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to attend NATO meeting
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani defense products to go on display at Paris exhibition
- 07.06.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 07.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 05.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev views Defense Ministry’s military campus
- 05.06.2018Baku hosts working meeting with NATO education experts
- 05.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.06.2018NATO releases video clip about Azerbaijani peacekeepers in Afghanistan
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey complete joint military drills
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Russia
- 04.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.06.2018Azerbaijani defense minister visits military units on frontline
- 01.06.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund revealed
- 19.02.2018Iran's defense minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018OSCE expected to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan, UK ink military cooperation plan
- 16.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 123
- 15.02.2018Five artillery shells detected in Sumgayit