Azerbaijan’s ex-military official does not rule out ‘Armenian involvement’ in assassination attempt on Israeli defense minister
Armenian involvement in the recent assassination attempt on Israel's Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman is not to be ruled out, said Azerbaijan’s former deputy defense minister, retired Lieutenant-General Chingiz Mammadov, APA reports.
Six Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists were recently arrested for planning to harm Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman in a terror attack, Jerusalem Online reported on Feb 18.
The terrorists plotted to make a bomb and plant it along the route that Lieberman’s convoy frequently travels. It was cleared that the detainees were members of a Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror cell.
Mammadov noted that developing Israeli-Azerbaijani relations, particularly in the military sphere, are met with serious concern in Armenia.
"Armenian MPs are also disappointed by the recent statements Lieberman made expressing explicit support for Azerbaijan during a visit of an Armenian delegation to Israel. The fact that the assassination attempt was made right after the Armenian delegation’s unsuccessful visit to Israel raises suspicions that it had been planned well ahead of the visit,” he said.
The former military official stressed that Armenia’s criminal regime is constantly working with terrorist organizations, including anti-Israeli forces, to carry out assassinations and terrorist acts. As we know, this method is also noted in the charters of many Armenian organizations.
“The direct involvement of Armenians in terrorist acts and assassinations committed in Paris, Moscow, Istanbul and in many other places has been approved. It’s not ruled out that Armenians are directly involved in this terrorist act as well. One of the facts confirming this is that the Israeli parliament refused to recognize the so-called “Armenian genocide” despite the persistence of Armenia,” the former deputy defense minister added.
The U.S., European Union and several countries recognized the Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror cell as a terrorist organization. The terror cell calls for destruction of Israel.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Group of Azerbaijani military officers promoted to colonel
- 19.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2018Personnel, military equipment involved in Azerbaijan’s large-scale drills return to places of permanent deployment - VİDEO
- 17.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Defense Minister: Large-scale drills prove Azerbaijani army has high level of operational and combat readiness
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani defense minister visits new helicopter military unit in frontline zone - VİDEO
- 16.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani army holds live-fire stage of large-scale drills - VIDEO
- 15.03.201812 missiles found in Aghstafa
- 15.03.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 15.03.2018Armenia continues military drills in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2018Rocket, artillery troops of Azerbaijani army deployed to firing positions - VIDEO
- 14.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018Actions taken on terrain board in course of military drills in Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018Terrain reconnaissance conducted during Azerbaijani army’s drills - VİDEO
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijan’s tank units involved in large-scale drills
- 13.03.2018Troops redeployed at night during Azerbaijani Army exercises
- 13.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani troops involved in large-scale exercises moving to operational areas - VIDEO
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan army starts large-scale exercises
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Service for Mobilization and Conscription
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Migration Service
- 09.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of servicemen of Special State Protection Service
- 09.03.2018Shamsaddin Heydarov awarded “Honored Doctor” title
- 09.03.2018Tofig Huseynov promoted to Major General
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia ink military co-op plan for 2018
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president receives Georgian defense minister - UPDATED
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold large-scale military drills involving 25,000 personnel
- 09.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Open Doors Day will be held on March 20
- 08.03.2018U.S. European Command held a seminar in Baku
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of servicemen of State Border Service
- 07.03.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 07.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 93 times
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 06.03.2018Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov visits military units on front line
- 06.03.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 05.03.2018ANAMA disarms 1,437 UXOs, 1 anti-tank mine in February
- 05.03.2018Azerbaijani president increases salaries of military servants and non-civil servants
- 19.02.2018Iran's defense minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018OSCE expected to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan, UK ink military cooperation plan
- 16.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 123
- 15.02.2018Five artillery shells detected in Sumgayit