Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry issues statement on Navy Commander’s failure to visit Iran
Head of the Ministry’s press service, Colonel Eldar Sabiroglu told APA that information regarding the cancellation of Shahin Sultanov’s expected visit to Iran is inaccurate: ‘The visit has just been postponed. The negotiations are currently underway. As soon as the date of the visit is fixed, Commander of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces, Vice-Admiral Shahin Sultanov will pay a visit to Iran’.
Iran’s state television reported that the visit had been cancelled by Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry.
Baku. Real Jafarli – APA. The visit of Commander of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces, Vice-Admiral Shahin Sultanov to Iran has failed, APA reports quoting IRIB.
The visit was abolished by Azerbaijani Defense Ministry.
However, the ministry has not given any official statement regarding this issue.
On August 18, Shahin Sultanov was to pay a three-day visit to Iran at the invitation of his Iranian counterpart Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari.
The purpose of the visit was to develop maritime cooperation between Iran and Azerbaijan.
Within the framework of visit it was also planned to view Iran’s Naval Forces bases.
Related news releases
- 18.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 47 times
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijan checks combat training level of mortar units stationed on frontline
- 17.01.2017Armenia fires at Azerbaijani army positions from reactive flamethrower
- 17.01.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.01.2017Armenia again aggravates situation on frontline: Azerbaijani Defense Ministry
- 16.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 42 times
- 14.01.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly-constructed ship of State Border Service
- 13.01.2017Armenian drone drops explosive on Azerbaijani territory: Defense Ministry
- 13.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 50 times
- 12.01.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov visits Azerbaijani-Armenian border
- 12.01.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 12.01.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2017Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new barrack, military-household complex in Nakhchivan
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 11.01.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 11.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 42 times
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijani President: "Additional measures to be taken for strengthening our military potential"
- 10.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 40 times
- 09.01.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 36 times
- 07.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 39 times
- 06.01.2017ANAMA disarms 1068 UXOs, 14 mines in December
- 06.01.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.01.2017Armed incident in Armenian military unit in Karabakh leaves two wounded
- 05.01.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund exceed 79M manats
- 05.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 36 times
- 04.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 31 times
- 03.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 38 times
- 02.01.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijan accuses Armenia of spreading disinformation
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijan says Armenia’s leadership bears responsibility for latest diversion attempt
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijan appeals to int’l organizations to get back body of its soldier killed by Armenians
- 29.12.2016December 29 diversion was pre-planned by Yerevan: retired general
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijani army intercepts Armenian drone
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijan denies Armenian media reports of military losses
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijan: Investigation underway to ascertain fate of missing soldier
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijani army prevents Armenian diversion, enemy suffers losses
- 29.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 39 times
- 28.12.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan, Bahrain mull prospects of military co-op
- 20.08.2013Azerbaijan spent $13 mln on military hardware of South African Republic in 3 months of 2013
- 20.08.2013ICRC representatives meet with Armenian captive held in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army two directions
- 20.08.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army in Fuzuli, Khojavand and Dashkasan direction
- 19.08.2013Representatives of ICRC Delegation in Azerbaijan to meet with Armenian captive tomorrow
- 19.08.2013Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army