Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry issues statement on Navy Commander’s failure to visit Iran
Head of the Ministry’s press service, Colonel Eldar Sabiroglu told APA that information regarding the cancellation of Shahin Sultanov’s expected visit to Iran is inaccurate: ‘The visit has just been postponed. The negotiations are currently underway. As soon as the date of the visit is fixed, Commander of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces, Vice-Admiral Shahin Sultanov will pay a visit to Iran’.
Iran’s state television reported that the visit had been cancelled by Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry.
Baku. Real Jafarli – APA. The visit of Commander of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces, Vice-Admiral Shahin Sultanov to Iran has failed, APA reports quoting IRIB.
The visit was abolished by Azerbaijani Defense Ministry.
However, the ministry has not given any official statement regarding this issue.
On August 18, Shahin Sultanov was to pay a three-day visit to Iran at the invitation of his Iranian counterpart Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari.
The purpose of the visit was to develop maritime cooperation between Iran and Azerbaijan.
Within the framework of visit it was also planned to view Iran’s Naval Forces bases.
Related news releases
- 24.07.2017Defense Ministry: Armenia wants to justify its provocations against Azerbaijani civilians
- 24.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 155 times
- 23.07.2017Russian warships arrive in Baku - VIDEO
- 22.07.2017Iranian and Kazakh warships arrive in Baku
- 22.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 132 times
- 21.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 19.07.2017OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops passes without incidents
- 19.07.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat readiness of personnel in Navy Training Complex
- 18.07.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 18.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times
- 17.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 127 times in 24 hours
- 15.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 114 times in 24 hours
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan opens Center for Maintenance and Repair of Communication Means for Armed Forces
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan considers purchasing more weapons from Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan says it’s studying Russia’s experience in Syria operations
- 13.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 12.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army capable of destroying any target in occupied lands
- 12.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017Special medal established in honor of Azerbaijani Army’s 100th anniversary
- 11.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 133 times
- 10.07.2017Defense Ministry: Reports of death of Azerbaijani military serviceman nothing but ‘lie’
- 10.07.2017Russia delivers new batch of military equipment and ammunition to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijani Defense Minister inspects combat readiness of front line units and formations
- 08.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars, howitzers
- 08.07.2017Chief of General Staff of the Armed Forces attended the Defense Conference
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani army strikes Armenian combat-ready units - VIDEO
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani army strikes leave 3 Armenian soldiers wounded - Armenian sources
- 07.07.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.07.2017Azerbaijan provides evidence for lack of firing points in Alkhanli village
- 06.07.2017Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff leaves for New York
- 06.07.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 142 times in 24 hours
- 05.07.2017A group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 05.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 130 times
- 04.07.2017Grandmother and her granddaughter killed as Armenian Armed Forces shelling Alkhanly village of Fuzuli region of Azerbaijan
- 04.07.2017DM: Armenian armed forces shelled Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan's Fuzuli district, a woman and a 2-year-old girl were killed - UPDATED
- 20.08.2013Azerbaijan spent $13 mln on military hardware of South African Republic in 3 months of 2013
- 20.08.2013ICRC representatives meet with Armenian captive held in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army two directions
- 20.08.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army in Fuzuli, Khojavand and Dashkasan direction
- 19.08.2013Representatives of ICRC Delegation in Azerbaijan to meet with Armenian captive tomorrow
- 19.08.2013Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army