Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry issues statement on Navy Commander’s failure to visit Iran
Head of the Ministry’s press service, Colonel Eldar Sabiroglu told APA that information regarding the cancellation of Shahin Sultanov’s expected visit to Iran is inaccurate: ‘The visit has just been postponed. The negotiations are currently underway. As soon as the date of the visit is fixed, Commander of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces, Vice-Admiral Shahin Sultanov will pay a visit to Iran’.
Iran’s state television reported that the visit had been cancelled by Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry.
Baku. Real Jafarli – APA. The visit of Commander of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces, Vice-Admiral Shahin Sultanov to Iran has failed, APA reports quoting IRIB.
The visit was abolished by Azerbaijani Defense Ministry.
However, the ministry has not given any official statement regarding this issue.
On August 18, Shahin Sultanov was to pay a three-day visit to Iran at the invitation of his Iranian counterpart Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari.
The purpose of the visit was to develop maritime cooperation between Iran and Azerbaijan.
Within the framework of visit it was also planned to view Iran’s Naval Forces bases.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit China
- 25.04.2018OSCE monitors border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 24.04.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement regarding current situation in Armenia
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani MoD: Appropriate measures to be taken against Armenian provocations
- 23.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 93 times
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Some countries imposed unfounded restrictions on arms sale to Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Smuggling of nuclear components from Armenia continues
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov meets with top NATO general
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan’s rocket and artillery units conduct tactical exercises - VİDEO
- 19.04.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 18.04.2018Shrapnel could not be extracted from body of Azerbaijani civilian wounded in Armenian shelling, says surgeon - UPDATED
- 18.04.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 17.04.2018Baku hosts course as part of NATO Operational Capabilities Concept Program
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani army downs Armenian drone
- 17.04.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 17.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.04.2018Military units of the armed forces of Armenia violated ceasefire 87 times
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani MoD dismisses reports on alleged shelling of Armenian civilian truck
- 12.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 11.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.04.2018US National Defense University delegation arrives in Baku
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement
- 09.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Any possible provocations by enemy on eve of elections to be prevented
- 07.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 102 times
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards detain 1,344 wanted people since early 2018
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "Strengthening the military potential of our country is one of the main priorities"
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijan, Iran mull military cooperation
- 04.04.201825 shells found in Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018U.S. ground troop experts launch seminar in Baku
- 03.04.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend Moscow Int’l Security Conference
- 03.04.2018ANAMA disarms 1,541 UXOs, 1 anti-tank mine in March
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijan’s rocket and artillery units conduct live-fire stage of drills - VIDEO
- 02.04.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund revealed
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia sign memorandum of understanding in field of defense
- 20.08.2013Azerbaijan spent $13 mln on military hardware of South African Republic in 3 months of 2013
- 20.08.2013ICRC representatives meet with Armenian captive held in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army two directions
- 20.08.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army in Fuzuli, Khojavand and Dashkasan direction
- 19.08.2013Representatives of ICRC Delegation in Azerbaijan to meet with Armenian captive tomorrow
- 19.08.2013Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army