Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry issues statement on Navy Commander’s failure to visit Iran
Head of the Ministry’s press service, Colonel Eldar Sabiroglu told APA that information regarding the cancellation of Shahin Sultanov’s expected visit to Iran is inaccurate: ‘The visit has just been postponed. The negotiations are currently underway. As soon as the date of the visit is fixed, Commander of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces, Vice-Admiral Shahin Sultanov will pay a visit to Iran’.
Iran’s state television reported that the visit had been cancelled by Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry.
Baku. Real Jafarli – APA. The visit of Commander of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces, Vice-Admiral Shahin Sultanov to Iran has failed, APA reports quoting IRIB.
The visit was abolished by Azerbaijani Defense Ministry.
However, the ministry has not given any official statement regarding this issue.
On August 18, Shahin Sultanov was to pay a three-day visit to Iran at the invitation of his Iranian counterpart Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari.
The purpose of the visit was to develop maritime cooperation between Iran and Azerbaijan.
Within the framework of visit it was also planned to view Iran’s Naval Forces bases.
Related news releases
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives Pakistani defense production minister
- 26.09.2016Belarusian defense minister arrives in Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijan’s rocket troops and artillery conduct live-fire exercises
- 26.09.2016Russia to showcase over 300 pieces of military equipment at ADEX-2016
- 26.09.2016Russian missile ship to visit Baku port
- 26.09.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.09.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.09.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 15 times
- 22.09.2016Military parade in Yerevan was imitation, says Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2016Armenian troops set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 22.09.2016Over 200 foreign companies to join ADEX 2016 in Baku
- 22.09.2016Armenia begins next phase of military drills in occupied Aghdam
- 22.09.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2016Defense Ministry: Azerbaijani Army instructed to destroy enemy’s military facilities if necessary
- 21.09.2016Georgia’s new military attaché introduced to Azerbaijani defense minister
- 21.09.2016Azerbaijan unveils new drone
- 21.09.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 21 times
- 20.09.2016Baku hosts seminar on planning of defense policy, strategic planning
- 20.09.2016NATO's Mobile Training Group conducts courses in Baku
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijani defense minister meets with outgoing Turkish ambassador
- 20.09.2016Armenia launches military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 20.09.2016Ceasefire broken as Armenian military fires at Azerbaijani positions
- 19.09.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.09.2016Ceasefire broken as Armenian army fires at Azerbaijani positions
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits Nakhchivan
- 16.09.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 14 times
- 14.09.2016No incident during OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 14.09.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2016OSCE to conduct monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 13.09.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 19 times
- 12.09.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.09.2016Zakir Hasanov: We must liberate our lands as soon as possible
- 09.09.2016President Aliyev signs order on conscription
- 09.09.2016Azerbaijan, UK mull military cooperation
- 09.09.2016Azerbaijani Navy commander visits South Korea
- 09.09.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 20 times
- 08.09.2016Azerbaijan-UK military cooperation discussed in London
- 08.09.2016Azerbaijan continues specifying info on those who went missing during Karabakh conflict
- 08.09.2016Azerbaijan’s participation in peacekeeping operations highly appreciated in London
- 20.08.2013Azerbaijan spent $13 mln on military hardware of South African Republic in 3 months of 2013
- 20.08.2013ICRC representatives meet with Armenian captive held in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army two directions
- 20.08.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army in Fuzuli, Khojavand and Dashkasan direction
- 19.08.2013Representatives of ICRC Delegation in Azerbaijan to meet with Armenian captive tomorrow
- 19.08.2013Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army