Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry issues statement on Navy Commander’s failure to visit Iran
Head of the Ministry’s press service, Colonel Eldar Sabiroglu told APA that information regarding the cancellation of Shahin Sultanov’s expected visit to Iran is inaccurate: ‘The visit has just been postponed. The negotiations are currently underway. As soon as the date of the visit is fixed, Commander of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces, Vice-Admiral Shahin Sultanov will pay a visit to Iran’.
Iran’s state television reported that the visit had been cancelled by Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry.
Baku. Real Jafarli – APA. The visit of Commander of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces, Vice-Admiral Shahin Sultanov to Iran has failed, APA reports quoting IRIB.
The visit was abolished by Azerbaijani Defense Ministry.
However, the ministry has not given any official statement regarding this issue.
On August 18, Shahin Sultanov was to pay a three-day visit to Iran at the invitation of his Iranian counterpart Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari.
The purpose of the visit was to develop maritime cooperation between Iran and Azerbaijan.
Within the framework of visit it was also planned to view Iran’s Naval Forces bases.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijan, Serbia mull prospects of military co-op
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations pays visit to UAE
- 20.02.2017SIPRI: Arms imports by Azerbaijan were 20 times higher than those of Armenia in 2012–16
- 20.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2017ANAMA finds 78 shrapnels in road to be constructed in Jojug Marjanli village
- 18.02.2017Retired general: Deaths in Armenian army are due to disorders
- 18.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 26 times
- 17.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 40 times
- 16.02.2017Top US military official thanks Azerbaijan for hosting meeting with his Russian counterpart
- 16.02.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan: investigation underway into Elnur Huseynzade’s case
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan continues investigation into April battles: military prosecutor
- 16.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2017Russian Defense Ministry announces meeting of US, Russian General Staffs in Baku
- 15.02.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 15.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijani border guards detain armed trespasser
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani parliament adopts bill on martial law - UPDATED
- 14.02.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 22 times
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijani army destroys Armenian subversive group - VIDEO
- 13.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.02.2017Zakir Hasanov holds consultation at Central Command Post of Armed Forces
- 11.02.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijani soldier dies in avalanche: Defense Ministry
- 10.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 36 times
- 09.02.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2017Azerbaijani army prevents another Armenian diversion
- 08.02.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 39 times
- 07.02.2017Martyred Azerbaijani soldier Chingiz Gurbanov awarded posthumous title of National Hero
- 07.02.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 07.02.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2017Martyred Azerbaijani soldier laid to rest in hometown - UPDATED
- 06.02.2017Azerbaijan, Ukraine to mull military-technical cooperation
- 06.02.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 34 times
- 06.02.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 06.02.2017Farewell ceremony held for martyred soldier Chingiz Gurbanov - UPDATED
- 04.02.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inspects readiness of military units on frontline
- 03.02.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan inaugurates another military camp on front line
- 20.08.2013Azerbaijan spent $13 mln on military hardware of South African Republic in 3 months of 2013
- 20.08.2013ICRC representatives meet with Armenian captive held in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army two directions
- 20.08.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army in Fuzuli, Khojavand and Dashkasan direction
- 19.08.2013Representatives of ICRC Delegation in Azerbaijan to meet with Armenian captive tomorrow
- 19.08.2013Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army