Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry issues statement on Navy Commander’s failure to visit Iran
Head of the Ministry’s press service, Colonel Eldar Sabiroglu told APA that information regarding the cancellation of Shahin Sultanov’s expected visit to Iran is inaccurate: ‘The visit has just been postponed. The negotiations are currently underway. As soon as the date of the visit is fixed, Commander of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces, Vice-Admiral Shahin Sultanov will pay a visit to Iran’.
Iran’s state television reported that the visit had been cancelled by Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry.
Baku. Real Jafarli – APA. The visit of Commander of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces, Vice-Admiral Shahin Sultanov to Iran has failed, APA reports quoting IRIB.
The visit was abolished by Azerbaijani Defense Ministry.
However, the ministry has not given any official statement regarding this issue.
On August 18, Shahin Sultanov was to pay a three-day visit to Iran at the invitation of his Iranian counterpart Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari.
The purpose of the visit was to develop maritime cooperation between Iran and Azerbaijan.
Within the framework of visit it was also planned to view Iran’s Naval Forces bases.
Related news releases
- 03.12.2016Ilham Aliyev attends opening of new military unit on frontline
- 03.12.2016Tension grows on contact line: Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank announces manat rate against foreign currencies
- 02.12.2016Academician Nizami Suleymanov dies
- 02.12.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijani army in complete control of situation along contact line – Defense Ministry
- 01.12.2016Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund exceed 78M mantas
- 01.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 38 times
- 01.12.2016Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 700 times in one month
- 30.11.2016Zakir Hasanov attends meeting of CIS Defense Ministers Council
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan, Russia intend to expand military co-op
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan is security outpost in Caspian region: Russian defense minister - UPDATED
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan says ready to host int’l army games in Caspian
- 30.11.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 20 times
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani Military Academy hosts meeting with NATO/US experts
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani, Italian military experts meet in Baku
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani defense minister off to Moscow on working visit
- 29.11.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.11.2016No incident during OSCE monitoring on Azerbaijan-Armenia contact line
- 28.11.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 27 times
- 26.11.2016Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijan, Qatar mull development of military relations
- 25.11.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 29 times
- 24.11.2016NATO experts visit Azerbaijani Military Academy
- 24.11.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2016NATO Days underway in Azerbaija
- 23.11.2016Azerbaijan, Iran discuss prospects for military-technical co-op
- 23.11.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 15 times
- 22.11.2016Azerbaijani, Italian experts on civil-military co-op meet in Baku
- 22.11.2016Azerbaijan, UK mull prospects for military-technical co-op
- 22.11.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.11.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 25 times
- 21.11.2016Azerbaijan, Russia launch joint cross-border operation
- 19.11.2016Defense Ministry: Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 22 times
- 18.11.2016Medal of martyred Azerbaijani serviceman presented to his family
- 18.11.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 38 times
- 17.11.2016Azerbaijan defense minister considers large-scale drills successful
- 17.11.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2016Live-fire phase of Azerbaijani Army’s war games begins
- 16.11.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 59 times
- 20.08.2013Azerbaijan spent $13 mln on military hardware of South African Republic in 3 months of 2013
- 20.08.2013ICRC representatives meet with Armenian captive held in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army two directions
- 20.08.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army in Fuzuli, Khojavand and Dashkasan direction
- 19.08.2013Representatives of ICRC Delegation in Azerbaijan to meet with Armenian captive tomorrow
- 19.08.2013Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army