Azerbaijan's defense minister attends NATO meeting
Azerbaijan's Defense Minister, Colonel-General Zakir Hasanov took part in the meeting of NATO Ministers of Defense in the format of the North Atlantic Council’s Resolute Support Mission in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the Defense Ministry’s press service told APA.
The meeting took place in Belgium on June 29.
The meeting focused on discussions on the security situation in Afghanistan, the future of the Resolute Support Mission, and the development of the Afghan Defense and Security Forces. Along with the defense ministers of the countries contributing the Resolute Support Mission, Afghanistan’s defense minister, High Representative of the European Union and the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General also attended the meeting.
During the meeting, Hasanov met with NATO Deputy Secretary General Rose Eilene Gottemoeller.
The sides exchanged views on Azerbaijan-NATO relations, mutually beneficial cooperation with the Alliance in the defense area and Azerbaijan's contribution to NATO’s Resolute Support Mission. During the meeting, the defense minister informed the NATO deputy secretary general about the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Within the framework of the visit, Hasanov held a working meeting with the Minister of National Defense of the Republic of Turkey, Fikri Işık. The sides discussed issues of bilateral cooperation and regional security. They also exchanged views on future contributions to the Mission.
The defense minister also held a courtesy meeting with the newly appointed Defense Minister of the Republic of Macedonia, Radmila Šekerinska.
Azerbaijan has a 94-member peacekeeping force participating in the Resolute Support Mission in Afghanistan. At the same time, the Republic of Azerbaijan contributes to the NATO mission with multimodal transit and training, as well as with financial support to the Afghan National Army Trust Fund.
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit China
- 25.04.2018OSCE monitors border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 24.04.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement regarding current situation in Armenia
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani MoD: Appropriate measures to be taken against Armenian provocations
- 23.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 93 times
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Some countries imposed unfounded restrictions on arms sale to Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Smuggling of nuclear components from Armenia continues
- 20.04.2018Zakir Hasanov meets with top NATO general
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan’s rocket and artillery units conduct tactical exercises - VİDEO
- 19.04.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 18.04.2018Shrapnel could not be extracted from body of Azerbaijani civilian wounded in Armenian shelling, says surgeon - UPDATED
- 18.04.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 17.04.2018Baku hosts course as part of NATO Operational Capabilities Concept Program
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani army downs Armenian drone
- 17.04.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 17.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.04.2018Military units of the armed forces of Armenia violated ceasefire 87 times
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani MoD dismisses reports on alleged shelling of Armenian civilian truck
- 12.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 11.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.04.2018US National Defense University delegation arrives in Baku
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement
- 09.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Any possible provocations by enemy on eve of elections to be prevented
- 07.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 102 times
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards detain 1,344 wanted people since early 2018
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "Strengthening the military potential of our country is one of the main priorities"
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijan, Iran mull military cooperation
- 04.04.201825 shells found in Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018U.S. ground troop experts launch seminar in Baku
- 03.04.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend Moscow Int’l Security Conference
- 03.04.2018ANAMA disarms 1,541 UXOs, 1 anti-tank mine in March
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijan’s rocket and artillery units conduct live-fire stage of drills - VIDEO
- 02.04.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund revealed
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia sign memorandum of understanding in field of defense
- 20.12.2013Azerbaijan purchases 160 Glock pistols from Austria - PHOTO
- 20.12.2013Armenians intensively fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 20.12.2013Azerbaijani Defense Ministry holds board meeting - UPDATED
- 20.12.2013Azerbaijani Defense Minister continues visiting military units of Air Forces
- 19.12.2013Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army along frontline in Fuzuli
- 18.12.2013Armenians fire on Tartar resident and cattle