Azerbaijan's defense minister attends NATO meeting
Azerbaijan's Defense Minister, Colonel-General Zakir Hasanov took part in the meeting of NATO Ministers of Defense in the format of the North Atlantic Council’s Resolute Support Mission in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the Defense Ministry’s press service told APA.
The meeting took place in Belgium on June 29.
The meeting focused on discussions on the security situation in Afghanistan, the future of the Resolute Support Mission, and the development of the Afghan Defense and Security Forces. Along with the defense ministers of the countries contributing the Resolute Support Mission, Afghanistan’s defense minister, High Representative of the European Union and the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General also attended the meeting.
During the meeting, Hasanov met with NATO Deputy Secretary General Rose Eilene Gottemoeller.
The sides exchanged views on Azerbaijan-NATO relations, mutually beneficial cooperation with the Alliance in the defense area and Azerbaijan's contribution to NATO’s Resolute Support Mission. During the meeting, the defense minister informed the NATO deputy secretary general about the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Within the framework of the visit, Hasanov held a working meeting with the Minister of National Defense of the Republic of Turkey, Fikri Işık. The sides discussed issues of bilateral cooperation and regional security. They also exchanged views on future contributions to the Mission.
The defense minister also held a courtesy meeting with the newly appointed Defense Minister of the Republic of Macedonia, Radmila Šekerinska.
Azerbaijan has a 94-member peacekeeping force participating in the Resolute Support Mission in Afghanistan. At the same time, the Republic of Azerbaijan contributes to the NATO mission with multimodal transit and training, as well as with financial support to the Afghan National Army Trust Fund.
- 21.01.2018Serviceman of the Azerbaijani Army died as a result of disastrous occurrence
- 20.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.01.2018New law on Armed Forces of Azerbaijan enters into force
- 19.01.2018Russia delivers modern military equipment to Azerbaijan - VIDEO
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani serviceman martyred in shootout with Armenian army
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan plans to start manufacturing 136 more types of defense products
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan plans to commission two more military factors
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan launches serial production of F-1 hand grenades
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan doubles exports of defense products
- 19.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.01.2018Armenia attempts blame for its non-combat losses on Azerbaijan – Defense Ministry
- 18.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 17.01.2018Next meeting of Azerbaijani-Pakistani working groups kicks off in Baku
- 17.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.01.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff to attend NATO meeting
- 15.01.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 15.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 10.01.2018Azerbaijani Army to strengthen further, President Aliyev says - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijan increases peacekeeping contingent in Afghanistan
- 09.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani defense minister holds consultation
- 06.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry, Military Prosecutor’s Office sign joint action plan
- 05.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.01.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund jump up
- 04.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 30.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat capability of armored vehicles on frontline
- 27.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 26.12.2017Defense minister checks state of combat readiness of units in frontline zone
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates newly-built soldiers’ barrack on forward defense line
- 30.06.2017Special medal established in honor of Azerbaijani Army’s 100th anniversary
- 01.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 03.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish military intelligence officers meet in Baku
- 29.06.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2017Defense Ministry comments on Armenian Defense Minister's statement on losses