Azerbaijan's defense minister attends NATO meeting
Azerbaijan's Defense Minister, Colonel-General Zakir Hasanov took part in the meeting of NATO Ministers of Defense in the format of the North Atlantic Council’s Resolute Support Mission in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the Defense Ministry’s press service told APA.
The meeting took place in Belgium on June 29.
The meeting focused on discussions on the security situation in Afghanistan, the future of the Resolute Support Mission, and the development of the Afghan Defense and Security Forces. Along with the defense ministers of the countries contributing the Resolute Support Mission, Afghanistan’s defense minister, High Representative of the European Union and the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General also attended the meeting.
During the meeting, Hasanov met with NATO Deputy Secretary General Rose Eilene Gottemoeller.
The sides exchanged views on Azerbaijan-NATO relations, mutually beneficial cooperation with the Alliance in the defense area and Azerbaijan's contribution to NATO’s Resolute Support Mission. During the meeting, the defense minister informed the NATO deputy secretary general about the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Within the framework of the visit, Hasanov held a working meeting with the Minister of National Defense of the Republic of Turkey, Fikri Işık. The sides discussed issues of bilateral cooperation and regional security. They also exchanged views on future contributions to the Mission.
The defense minister also held a courtesy meeting with the newly appointed Defense Minister of the Republic of Macedonia, Radmila Šekerinska.
Azerbaijan has a 94-member peacekeeping force participating in the Resolute Support Mission in Afghanistan. At the same time, the Republic of Azerbaijan contributes to the NATO mission with multimodal transit and training, as well as with financial support to the Afghan National Army Trust Fund.
- 19.11.2017The troops of the Nakhchivan garrison continue activity in the Command-Staff War Games - VIDEO
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister holds meeting with command staff involved in war games
- 17.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan sign plan for military cooperation
- 16.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani army to hold command-staff war games
- 15.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 14.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 10.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.11.2017Defense minister addresses NATO meeting
- 09.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 125 times
- 08.11.2017Military experts of Azerbaijan and Germany hold meeting
- 08.11.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 08.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.11.2017Military attachés accredited to Azerbaijan visit Naval Forces
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister to attend NATO meeting
- 07.11.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 07.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 133 times
- 06.11.2017Azerbaijan to institute ‘Rashadat’ order for Armed Forces
- 06.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 03.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves agreement on training of Afghan servicemen in Azerbaijan
- 03.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.11.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov and Andrzej Kasprzyk mull current situation on contact line
- 02.11.2017Armenia resorts to provocation on border with Azerbaijan
- 02.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.11.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund exceed AZN 86 mln
- 01.11.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 31.10.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,500 times in October
- 31.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 30.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 103 times
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijan successfully conducts evaluation of Naval Forces Boarding Party on NATO standards
- 27.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijani, German defense ministries hold bilateral talks
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 26.10.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 91 times
- 25.10.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 25.10.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan, Iran discuss military cooperation
- 30.06.2017Special medal established in honor of Azerbaijani Army’s 100th anniversary
- 01.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 03.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish military intelligence officers meet in Baku
- 29.06.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2017Defense Ministry comments on Armenian Defense Minister's statement on losses